Perhaps I shall. I hadn't really thought that far ahead yet, I'm still just getting ideas together.
ETA: can anyone explain to me the point of 'save the date' cards? Isn't the invitation the thing that tells you to save the date?
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Nicola_Red wrote:ETA: can anyone explain to me the point of 'save the date' cards? Isn't the invitation the thing that tells you to save the date?We had them because our proper invitations weren't ready when we really needed to notify people when the wedding was (we were indecisive with the invitations... sorry Zoot!)
Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.
Boboff wrote:Did you have any constipated Maths Teachers on the guest list?I forgot how that joke went, but I was eventually able to work it out.
chrysostom wrote:The invitation just has the date - not the church venue or the reception venue, nor details about the wedding.You mean the save the date card just has the date on it, and the full-on invitation has all the details? I do realise I probably sound thick here, but I've only been to four weddings in my life (more than one funeral though sadly), and for two of those I was a kid so my parents made all the arrangements. I don't remember getting a save the date card for either of the two I was an adult for. If all goes according to our preliminary plans, it isn't gonna be a public holiday or anything like that. I think I'm framing it in my mind as a party rather than a wedding reception, which is why so many aspects of it confuse me. (Also apologies for dominating this thread!)
You can set the date well in advance, but the specifics will need to be done nearer the time (some venues/churches are booked quite close to the event in some cases).
It's essentially to ensure all the people you want to come have it saved in their diaries, especially if you're choosing a popular date (August bank holiday weekend etc.)
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
chrysostom wrote:That's great! (Although did people lose them?!)Yep, but nearly everyone turned up
Boboff wrote:Did you have any constipated Maths Teachers on the guest list?My dad's an accountant!
Nicola_Red wrote:I could start a thread...I was worried it'd be all like LOOK AT ME EVERYONE I'M GETTING MARRIED I'M SO SPECIAL, y'know? But then it is really helpful to throw ideas around with people who aren't directly involved.I love that if this was another member you would be going crazy and denouncing marriage
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Nicola_Red wrote: then Mr Red changed everything.Eurgh! It's too early for this soppyness
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here