- Fri May 20, 2011 4:08 pm
#438616
Throughout 1997 Chris Moyles posted regularly to newsgroups such as alt.radio.uk and alt.fan.howard-stern.
What follows is an archive of the postings captured from Dejanews, a service later acquired by Google.
(Please note the scroll bars on some entries)
What follows is an archive of the postings captured from Dejanews, a service later acquired by Google.
(Please note the scroll bars on some entries)
Code: Select allSubject: Re: 95.8 CAPITAL FM SHOWS!! From: MOYLES <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1997/04/08 Message-ID: <5ie6vv$p1k$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.com> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk 100 times better?? I don't f***ing think so Mister Brian. Also the posting didn't come from me (Hard for some to believe but not everybody hates me .. Andrew G) How dare you say some bloody dance zone DJ is better than me!! Next you'll be telling me that Pat Sharp is a genius. MOYLES -- _________________________________________________________________ Coming soon ... the sacrafice of all other late nite jocks!!
Code: Select allSubject: Re: 95.8 CAPITAL FM SHOWS!! From: MOYLES <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1997/04/08 Message-ID: <5ie6vv$p1k$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.com> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk 100 times better?? I don't f***ing think so Mister Brian. Also the posting didn't come from me (Hard for some to believe but not everybody hates me .. Andrew G) How dare you say some bloody dance zone DJ is better than me!! Next you'll be telling me that Pat Sharp is a genius. MOYLES -- _________________________________________________________________ Coming soon ... the sacrafice of all other late nite jocks!!
Code: Select allSubject: I need Stern Tapes PLEASE From: A nobody <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1997/02/18 Message-ID: <5eas81$f24$1@mhafc.production.compuserve.com> Newsgroups: alt.fan.howard-stern I finally heard Stern on the air in Philly last year. Had heard a tape before and thought he was a bag of arse. My friend, who often appears on the show, told me he was a genius ..after 2 shows, I agreed. I live in London and work on a radio show here so we never EVER hear Stern anymore. If any lovely american people (?) would tape some howard for me I will be very grateful. I can swap other UK radio tapes if you are interested. E-mail me or post in newsgroup. Thanks, Chris -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Hallam FM From: A nobody <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1997/02/04 Message-ID: <5d6kej$1cj$1@mhafc.production.compuserve.com> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk But James .... you HAVE got 2 bottom holes you big weasel. -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Tommy 'twat' Boyd From: A nobody <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1997/02/04 Message-ID: <5d6l0f$1cj$2@mhafc.production.compuserve.com> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk.talk-radio Tommy Boyd annoys me. He DOES, in my opinion, say things to create callers. 'Hang the bastards I say, if you don't agree, Freecall ..etc' (Not an actual example ) He's never wrong ... he picks on a callers weakness if they disagree ... He doesn't give them the same time as he does the people he agrees with. BRILLIANT!! I like the fact that in a country where radio 'talent' seems to be dissapearing as quick as my hopes of sleeping with Cindy Crawford, I have an opinion of a broadcaster that is more than "Oh Dear", which, sadly to say, is my opinion on most of the voices in the industry. That said I hated him on Wac-a-day. (Not half as good as Timmy Mallet - mind you i was a child) -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: HALLAM FM BREAKFASTS From: Me <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1997/02/01 Message-ID: <5cvunq$lak$1@mhafc.production.compuserve.com> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk Has anybody heard the breakfast show on Hallam FM ?? It's presented by a very talented guy called Daryl Denham and is, in my opinion, one of the funniest, most creative, excellent and humerous shows on british radio in britain, this country. I especially love the song parodies and power cleaners! Any comments? ME -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: Re: The Late Martin Kelner Show" From: Me <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1997/01/26 Message-ID: <5cfngt$17q$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk I will miss Martin's last show sob sob etc. I Would like a copy if someone can be arsed to send one. In return I'll share my 'Kelner Pissed out of his head one Children in Need Night' Story .. it's a good one. Me -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Bye Bye Chris From: Me <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1997/01/21 Message-ID: <5c2195$66d$1@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk Thanks very much for the comments Buffone!! -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Pat Sharp...where is he now ?? From: Me <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/12/15 Message-ID: <59122e$qad$1@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk Mister Patrick Sharp is still alive and well on 95.8 Capital FM His hair is lovely and neat and a style that your parents would be proud to see you in. His is one of the tightest, slickest, hit-the-vocalist jocks on the air in this country, and, if I were a PD at a top station .. he'd be in my office New Years Day. Let's some more Respect going out to Woo Woo himself. P.S. Don't tell him I posted this as I keep telling him he's rubbish on The Family Channel. -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Calling all Nick Abbot fans From: Me <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/12/10 Message-ID: <58jnqd$idi$1@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk.talk-radio Nick is, by far, one of the country's best broadcasters ever. He has a style to rival nobody in this country, which is very rare these days. When I first heard Nick, I couldn't stand him. I now live in Nick's little world with him and a lot of other people. Give Nick the airtime and sit back and watch the results. -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: Radio Comedy & Ideas From: Me <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/10/16 Message-ID: <543370$o0a$1@mhafc.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk If anybody reading this has any ideas they would like to contribute to a top radio comedy show, or if you write material and would like something impressive to place on your CV, then e-mail me some of your material and thoughts. These will possibly be used on Air, so make em good. Richard Pask Producer of T.L.B.W.C.M -- _________________________________________________________________ "There is no 'off' position on the genious switch."
Code: Select allSubject: Re: TRX info From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/09/17 Message-ID: <51liss$mva$2@mhafn.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk WHO? -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: The Nasty Network From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/09/17 Message-ID: <51liqd$mva$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk Come on! Are you really interested in hearing how much snow is on the road? If there was such an alarming amount of snow on the roads, the white 'dung' like substance covering all the major routes through your area would probably be an indication not to drive on it. I presented a 'network' show for GWR and personally if there ever was such a problem I couldn't give a toss. Incidently, I no longer work for GWR as I was fired for not reading out snow reports (that was a joke by the way) -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: The Late Bit with Chris Moyles From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/08/23 Message-ID: <4vjn74$h4g$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk Does anybody have a cassette of the final "Late Bit with Chris Moyles" broadcast on the Chiltern Part of GWR?? The show ended sometime in June 1996 and in my opinion was one of the funniest shows I've ever heard .. then again .. I did write for it. The reason I want an audio copy is becasue I have obtained a video shoot in the studio from the last night and I would like to add the on-'air' audio to make a nice video aircheck. Also if anybody has any comments to make about the show, or indeed Mr. Moyles himself, please make them know (unless you are called Andrew Griffiths, as reading his postings usualy makes me contemplate tearing my eyeballs out with a screwdriver!!) Many thanks anoraks of the world. LARDY -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Tony Morell where is he ???? From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/08/14 Message-ID: <4uruij$opm$1@mhadf.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk JEFF BOY Nick worked at Luxy for about 3 months I think. God Bless Him and all who employ him. -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Clive Anderson Talks Back From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/08/06 Message-ID: <4u7rpb$lbb$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.fan.letterman Sadly most of Clive's quick ad-libs have been carefully prepared by scriptwriers who have been writing for the show since day one . sorry to ruin the illusion! -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: RICHIE PASK From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/07/31 Message-ID: <4to988$cmq$2@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk Does anybody know what happened to RICHIE PASK, late night DJ on Signal One in Stoke-on-Trent. I heard he did some overnights for the Chiltern Newtwork when GWR took over. In my opinion he was great!! -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Kenny Everett From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/07/31 Message-ID: <4to8t1$cmq$1@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk We found a couple of Kenny Everett shows on reel when Luxy ended .. but you can't have them cos you'll use all his old gags. I don't think Bradford could handle entertainment just yet. -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Worst Presenter From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/05/22 Message-ID: <4nv7d3$7lu$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk TO: ANDREW GRIFFITHS !!!!! FROM: CHRIS MOYLES (some nobody doing lates on chiltern) Am I correct in thinking that you are the same ANDREW GRIFFITHS that worked at RADIO TOP SHOP in Leeds for 6 months .. but then was asked to leave to make way for some nobody called Chris Moyles? Are you the same ANDREW GRIFFITHS that worked for GWR in Bristol but was dropped becasue you were too good?? Are you the same ANDREW GRIFFITHS that dreamed of working on Northants Radio but sadly never got there .. maybe becasue you were too good for them also??? If it is then my dear friend ANDREW GRIFFITHS .. thank you for your kind comments .. glad to hear that you are still keeping an eye on my radio carear. Sadly I have no idea where you are working now and, I'm afraid to say, no interest either. Still, nice to see you voted for me. Say Hi to your wife for me, Chris Moyles (Some nobody also on Northants FM ..sorry mate!) -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body"
Code: Select allSubject: Re: GWR-TWO FM NETWORKS From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/05/19 Message-ID: <4nn9mt$p9t$1@mhadg.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk I never got a 'telling off' from anybody mate!! We call it "The Better Music Mix" cause that's what our new strapline is. If it was "Your 3 goats and a chicken mix" ... I'd say that too ..they pay me enough! Ta for the comments, MOYLES -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: GWR FM Stations From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/03/20 Message-ID: <4io1jv$fnr$1@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk I work for GWR. They're great. They pay me on time. They know what they're doing .. 99% of the time. They make money without making jocks do shows from the front of video shops! And I've never read a script in my life .. but then again .. I can't read. Oh, and they have an audience too .. how about that! MOYLES _________________________________________________________________ The above opinions are mine and not those of GWR Plc. ...also they should not be taken into affect when my firing is taking place .. there's nothing worse than a boss who's read some crap you wrote when you were out of it one night. _________________________________________________________________ -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: Quick querie From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/03/20 Message-ID: <4io1r5$fnr$2@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk Toolan is, so i am told, rocking Birmingham on BRMB. How do you get the gigs Toolan!! MOYLES -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: New US V/O ... From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/01/31 Message-ID: <4ent3h$nun$1@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk I take it back . . . Go back to creating award winning commercials for Asda FM! How do they sound, I'd be interested to hear them ... 'Come to Asda - buy some stuff that is great!' Lardy P.S Still didn't answer the question did ya. -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Re: New US V/O ... From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/01/29 Message-ID: <4eisao$scs$1@mhade.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk Who the hell are you then Steve whatever your name is!! Go back to your Asda FM studio and shut the hell up!! Regards, and all the best to the kids, LARDY!! P.S. How many other people use "The Voice" then? Please list. -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: Mornings on B96 From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/01/28 Message-ID: <4eekhs$gq2$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: chi.media Hello everybody, Can anybody tell an interested English person how the new morning team george & Frankie? are doing on Party Radio B96?? I'll trade info about UK radio !!! Chris -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
Code: Select allSubject: New US V/O ... From: Lardy <101577.275@CompuServe.COM> Date: 1996/01/26 Message-ID: <4ebc9r$ee$1@mhafn.production.compuserve.COM> Newsgroups: alt.radio.uk The newest American voice available in the U.K is that of Paul 'The Voice' Turner. The voice of The Howard Stern Show / WFAN - K-ROCK New York ..etc Demo's are available for interested parties .. NOT anoraks!! If interested, let me know Chris -- _________________________________________________________________ "Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, Put your hands all over my body" Madonna .. 1992
chrismoyles.net