The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
VMPhil wrote:
Kylerickards1974 wrote:
VMPhil wrote:I wonder what the (presumably radio?) gig was that Chris was almost signed up to do. He was talking the other day about being paranoid about stuff (including the Channel 5 Chris Moyles Live/Live with Chris Moyles story) and thinking it might have been cancelled because someone he used to work with had told them to put the blinders on the deal… and he was right.

Evans?

Edit, was this Wednesdays show?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was Tuesday’s show in the first half hour. He was talking about his friendship with Phillip Schofield and his paranoia over whether Schofield actually likes him, before talking about the job he nearly got. It’s about 13 minutes into the edited version on here.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Amazingly I actually agree with Chris on this one. I thought last week was the best week of Radio X shows I’ve heard. I can’t say it’s the best ever as I haven’t listened to the show all the time since 2015, but still.

Yeah. The show has been brilliant so far this year. I can’t say I’ve heard every show but it’s the best it’s been right now.

I’ve been keeping up with the podcast the last month and there’s been so much funny stuff. Dom’s Cleaner stuff made me laugh out loud.
VMPhil wrote:I was amused by this incredibly specific Google suggestion when looking up Pippa's Twitter account. I guess a lot of people are nosey…

Ha! I had a bit of a go at a bloke commenting on the Radio X facebook page a while ago who suggested that Pippa is only with Toby cos of his family's money. I pointed out that Pippa has a successful career in her own right (not to mention that I think Toby's quite a good looking chap). I can't imagine being a regular listener and thinking Pippa would be with someone just for their money.
So, I’ve been listening to the 2016 edited versions from where I left off again since I’m at a point in time where I really can’t stand the music or ads. I said this at the time he left but Dave Masterman really was a big loss to the show. He contributed a lot to the show and eventually after being quite quiet really fit in with the team.

I’ve also seen he’s left Absolute to work with Elis and John again on a BBC station.
G-Sizzle wrote:Image

This tweet has now been deleted, I wonder if the bosses at Global have had a sense of humour failure again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was surprised Chris took the bait with this one, I thought he generally just ignored it on Twitter and liked to point out on the show how many people tune in just to complain about how they can't stand listening to him. Could understand if he was p*ssed off but thought he sounded happy enough this morning when I caught the show on the way to work.
thiscrs wrote:

This tweet has now been deleted, I wonder if the bosses at Global have had a sense of humour failure again?

I was surprised Chris took the bait with this one, I thought he generally just ignored it on Twitter and liked to point out on the show how many people tune in just to complain about how they can't stand listening to him. Could understand if he was p*ssed off but thought he sounded happy enough this morning when I caught the show on the way to work.

It's just a simple joke isn't it? Objecting to only part of an insult to imply that you can't disagree with the rest...
Evs wrote:
thiscrs wrote:

It's just a simple joke isn't it? Objecting to only part of an insult to imply that you can't disagree with the rest...

Well yeah, which is why I was surprised it was deleted.

Chris Off

He posted an Instagram story video this morning, […]

I didn't listen but it appears it is. The rest of […]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201[…]