The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
#512659
Seems like the Radio X bosses have had a bit of a sense of humour failure recently. Sounds like Pippa and Toby’s John Lewis list didn’t go down well, they made Toby remove a tweet from his personal Twitter account this week, I’ve heard Pippa mention new “no toilet humour” and “no drinking on air” rules recently, then there’s whatever happened with the billboard stunt and all trace of it being removed from social media.

It’s a shame that they’re seemingly limiting their on air talent so much. I personally don’t want TCMS to become as generic and vacuous as other commercial radio shows.
#512662
jthw5 wrote:Seems like the Radio X bosses have had a bit of a sense of humour failure recently. Sounds like Pippa and Toby’s John Lewis list didn’t go down well, they made Toby remove a tweet from his personal Twitter account this week, I’ve heard Pippa mention new “no toilet humour” and “no drinking on air” rules recently, then there’s whatever happened with the billboard stunt and all trace of it being removed from social media.

It’s a shame that they’re seemingly limiting their on air talent so much. I personally don’t want TCMS to become as generic and vacuous as other commercial radio shows.

I think I’ve missed loads of the above


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#512683
Harry Briggs wrote:No it’s not available yet. They only recorded it at the weekend. I noticed they used the orchestral bed today from the old radio 1 show! It was my first time listening in a while. Have they done this before?

When was that? I heard Dom singing the main jingle (or trying to after 9!)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
By CaseyHayles
#512723
ritchie wrote:I think it's been pretty poor lately, put radio 1 on when the * bingo was on cause I wanted some tunes to wake me up. The music is poor apart from the odd good new tune and in this article they uncovered phenq ingredients like lorde, but again the scale of the show just seems so small... The big jingles, events, links to the rest of the * world just seem missing... I hear bits of Vaughan's show and find them genuinely funny, not sure that's happened with Moyles that much tbf.

Agree with you totally. I feel like giving up listening to the show, but it has become a habit. Now I consider it as a bad habit and will try to give it up.
#512771
Does anyone else really struggle with Radio X podcast subscriptions that you just don't with the BBCs? Is it a really rickerty?

I've had so many problems with it over the years. Not so long back it would download Vaughan and Moyles's podcasts but seemingly corrupted. The time bar was not smooth and would jump forward or back to random times.

Now the pair refuse to recognise that new podcasts arrived last Friday at all. I uninstalled the Chris one to reinstall it but now the search button refuses to even see a Chris Podcast exists to subscribe to. Johnnys there, no Chris.

Ive tried going onto the radio X website and copy the link to the RSS and paste in the appropriate place but it says its not a valid RSS now.
#512772
Interesting the tonal differences In Chris's voice rom the Radio One show in 2010 and the Radio X Show he is lone tones and not hyped at all particularly noticeable in the first half half hour link
Very noticeable having listened recently to a lot of X Shows and returning back to my listening in order regime of the old show!
#512775
Hawkeye448 wrote:Does anyone else really struggle with Radio X podcast subscriptions that you just don't with the BBCs? Is it a really rickerty?

I've had so many problems with it over the years. Not so long back it would download Vaughan and Moyles's podcasts but seemingly corrupted. The time bar was not smooth and would jump forward or back to random times.


Yes, I have lots of issues with it too - but I always thought it was just me! If I pause them they seem to re-start in different places, and the timecode always seems to be wrong.. sometimes it finishes and still says there are minutes left and other times the timer runs out but the podcast is still playing.. and there seem to be parts that just disappear if I try to rewind. I have other issues too, but these seem to be the main ones. I listen to a few other podcasts and never have any of these issues so I'm guessing it must be specific to the Radio X podcast?
#512776
obidankenobi wrote:
Hawkeye448 wrote:Does anyone else really struggle with Radio X podcast subscriptions that you just don't with the BBCs? Is it a really rickerty?

I've had so many problems with it over the years. Not so long back it would download Vaughan and Moyles's podcasts but seemingly corrupted. The time bar was not smooth and would jump forward or back to random times.


Yes, I have lots of issues with it too - but I always thought it was just me! If I pause them they seem to re-start in different places, and the timecode always seems to be wrong.. sometimes it finishes and still says there are minutes left and other times the timer runs out but the podcast is still playing.. and there seem to be parts that just disappear if I try to rewind. I have other issues too, but these seem to be the main ones. I listen to a few other podcasts and never have any of these issues so I'm guessing it must be specific to the Radio X podcast?



+1 have similar issues tried a couple of apps (Podcast Addict/{Podcast Republic) still get the same issues which is annoying if there's a part I want to skip. I've pretty much given up with it will listen to the intro (usually the best bit) and skip the rest.
#512783
So have subscribers had last Fridays podcast arrive then because as far as I can tell, there is no longer a chris moyles podcast to subscribe to in a podcast search engine.

Johnny's there ( although was he away on holiday last week as I cant even see there is a last Friday podcast even on the Radio X website?)
#512785
Hawkeye448 wrote:So have subscribers had last Fridays podcast arrive then because as far as I can tell, there is no longer a chris moyles podcast to subscribe to in a podcast search engine.


Would that be podcast 150? If so then yes it arrived in iTunes podcasts for me...
#512786
How utterly preposterous. Vaughans new podcast has arrived so the only reason that wasn't working was he was off 2 weeks ago thus no podcast.

So one again I have a random problem with the Moyles podcast alone. Not for the first time.

Oh well, if it has to be manual download going forward so be it.
#512793
Kylerickards1974 wrote:Hi

So that Queen comp, the first question about the decade was wrong wasn’t it? (Caller said the eighties but I thought it was the seventies)


Was it Another One Bites The Dust? That was released and charted in 1980.
  • 1
  • 77
  • 78
  • 79
  • 80
  • 81
  • 82
Chris Off

He posted an Instagram story video this morning, […]

I didn't listen but it appears it is. The rest of […]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201[…]