- Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:19 pm
#503424
I loved the episode with the Fox! Best episode of it yet in my opinion.
bmstinton93 wrote:So has anyone seen the final HIMYM? Thoughts? I'm unsure right now, although I think I liked it!Is it finally on E4 this week? Even though I deliberately read the spoilers online, I still wanna watch to see it for myself, I suspect I'm gonna feel vastly disappointed.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Nicola_Red wrote:Now I've seen the ending for myself it was even more awful than I imagined.If you could condense the typing for hours, I'd be interested to know why you didn't like it; as I know I did.
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
bmstinton93 wrote: I'm personally very glad that it wasn't obviousDitto.
bmstinton93 wrote: I almost welled up during the final episodeObviously I didn't; far too butch and manly for that...
bmstinton93 wrote: so it certainly worked on me.Me2.
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Nicola_Red wrote:What would you say they achieved by giving Barney the baby?To me it was indicative of a feeling I myself experienced 12.5 years ago.
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
dimtimjim wrote:Nah, it doesn't sound like a dig at me. It does sound cliche-y (not a word) and sappy to me, but no doubt that's cos I'll never experience it. I still don't get why we needed to see a softer side to Barney, though. Maybe they felt they suddenly needed to redeem him for all the womanising, but I don't think that was necessary at all.Nicola_Red wrote:What would you say they achieved by giving Barney the baby?To me it was indicative of a feeling I myself experienced 12.5 years ago.
Barney, the exemplar serial womaniser, suddenly having that moment of realisation as he first holds his own child in his arms... showing the softer side which resides within all men, but is hidden better in some models than others.
There really is no feeling like it and NOTHING can prepare you for exactly how it does feel - but I know all the parents on here will back me up on this. Sorry Nic, I know that maybe sounds like a 'dig' at you for not being a parent, but it so isn't intended that way.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Yudster wrote:That's beautiful. Just beautiful.
Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Yudster wrote:That's beautiful. Just beautiful.
Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.