- Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:45 pm
#501838
Just finished Series 4 of Breaking Bad. It's getting so good now. I can feel the end coming.
VivAyrshire on UM wrote:It just reminded me of this dreadful female called Yudster (cm.net / aled.info), who would spend all day just fussing over grammar points, and doing nothing constructive of any kind.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.
Nicola_Red wrote:No, Cuckoo is not returning to Cuckoo, which kind of sucks. Taylor Lautner is joining as a different character. We'll see how that pans out. I don't get how the Americans can remake it - will the Cuckoo character be British?..
Some article wrote:The producers explain the transition between lead actors will be managed as follows: "Shortly after renewing their wedding vows, Cuckoo flew the coop to continue researching his book. While on walkabout in the foothills of the Himalayas, he went missing... eventually presumed dead.Sounds fun.
"It's now two years since his disappearance and life in the Thompson family house is only just getting back to normal. Ken and Lorna are looking forward to a future without the kids under their feet. Dylan (Tyger Drew-Honey) is about to go to university and Rachel is rebuilding her life with her new boyfriend, a nice-but-dull lawyer, Ben. Despite appearances, Cuckoo's absence is still felt - not least by his young widow, Rachel. Everyone worries she's lost her mojo since the tragic events in Asia.
This fragile equilibrium is well and truly shattered when a handsome and mysterious young stranger (Taylor Lautner) appears in Lichfield, looking for the man who found fame and philosophy in the simplest of hot snacks: the jack-et po-ta-to."
chrysostom wrote:In terrible news, there is to be an American remake of Cuckoo, which led me to this list of UK TV shows which have been remade in the US. Of all of these which I've seen, I've only enjoyed The Office (which I thought was brilliant).That's quite a list. Of all those shows that have been remade here in the US, I've only ever watched Being Human, Cash Cab and Antiques Roadshow. The US version of Being Human is not bad IMO, if one can get past the first series which followed the UK version more or less. But after that, the story lines completely diverged and became very different shows. My wife and I got into the Roadshow when it came to Madison, Wisconsin a number of years ago, and she even made it onto the TV as a person in the background. It's a sad statement on the US television industry that they've tried to remake so many UK shows IMO. If anyone's ever watched the currently running show Episodes (seen here on the Showtime cable channel) I have to think that mirrors what often happens to UK imports. The show is completely ruined.
It's quite extraordinary that they persist!
JayE wrote:he only ever retaliated to the things that happened.Disagree with this, (see: Season 4 & 5) - but careful, as spoilers!
Badger Mark wrote:It's a sad statement on the US television industry that they've tried to remake so many UK shows IMO. If anyone's ever watched the currently running show Episodes (seen here on the Showtime cable channel) I have to think that mirrors what often happens to UK imports. The show is completely ruined.I think it's baffling that more work doesn't go into culturally converting the humour.
chrysostom wrote:Oh no yeah, without a doubt he made his own choices in season 5, but to start with he didn't. He only ever hurt someone if they threatened him or his family, like the guy in episode 3 with the plate, he made the first move.JayE wrote:he only ever retaliated to the things that happened.Disagree with this, (see: Season 4 & 5) - but careful, as spoilers!
JayE wrote: I would have gone into more detail but I don't think we have spoiler tags anymore.You can do it by writing [spoiler] and the actual spoiler material in pale coloured text, so people have to highlight it to see it. Example: [spoiler]this is a spoiler[/spoiler]
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Topher wrote:We were so disappointed when this was cancelled - watched it when it was first on, thought it was the best new comedy in bloody ages. So sad that it was cancelled when Mrs Brown's * Boys was recommissioned - Davies thought so too, I remember him saying on Twitter it was the biggest disappointment of his career.It's very sad that we won't get to see the second series [on the BBC] - but maybe if enough people watch it on Netflix they'll commission it as a 'Netflix original' (hence why I'm pimping it out to everyone I know!).
VivAyrshire on UM wrote:It just reminded me of this dreadful female called Yudster (cm.net / aled.info), who would spend all day just fussing over grammar points, and doing nothing constructive of any kind.
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.