- Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:52 pm
#491992
Also some comment on Chris' Love Machine show, I've never seen it.
R94N wrote:Also some comment on Chris' Love Machine show, I've never seen it.That's right. I forgot about that. I think the comment was that it was worse than Take Me Out.
Charlalottie on Twitter wrote:Just remembered that I played pool with a satanist last night. Really should go out on a Friday more often.
Charlalottie wrote:Had a good night last night. We lost the pub quiz but had my hair plaited by a viking.
Yudster wrote:Just staeted catching up on recorded episodes of Beauty and the Beast. Highly enjoyable uber-lightweight American drama - love it.Good lord, really? Caught the first two episodes and thought it was dreadful. A review said of episode two "The acting continues to be all over the place with Kreuk demonstrating “Joey Tribbiani smelling-a-fart school of acting” levels of frowning.". Which made me laugh.
VivAyrshire on UM wrote:It just reminded me of this dreadful female called Yudster (cm.net / aled.info), who would spend all day just fussing over grammar points, and doing nothing constructive of any kind.
Charlalottie on Twitter wrote:Just remembered that I played pool with a satanist last night. Really should go out on a Friday more often.
Charlalottie wrote:Had a good night last night. We lost the pub quiz but had my hair plaited by a viking.
Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.
VivAyrshire on UM wrote:It just reminded me of this dreadful female called Yudster (cm.net / aled.info), who would spend all day just fussing over grammar points, and doing nothing constructive of any kind.
Yudster wrote:I completely accept all of that. I never said it was good, but as lightweight escapist nonsense I am enjoying it. I'm also enjoying - in a very different way - The Following. Which is good. Very good. And scares me to death which would normally mean I wouldn't watch, but I simply can't stop.I've also been watching The Following. I think its pretty good as well. Although I'm starting to wonder exactly how long they can keep this particular storyline going? So the Joe Carroll character has this group of followers doing his dirty work for him. But at some point, they're going to have done all that he wanted them to do. So then what happens next? It'll be interesting to see exactly how this proceeds. It's doing well in the ratings here in The States, so I don't see it threatened with cancellation after it's 1st season if finished.
charlalottie wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere that his parents were care workers and so a lot of the show is based on what his parents experienced and the respect he has for them. I haven't watched it though to find out what it's like, just didn't really draw me in with the ads.Yeah I'm pretty sure Ricky said that in an interview. Give it a chance. Who knows you might end up liking it.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
JayE wrote:My favourite comedians are Rhod Gilbert, Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand, Russell Howard and Stephen Merchant. They are all brilliant comics.I enjoy Rhod Gilbert's podcasts. His non-item of the week is funny. I love Russell Howard's Good News, I find it so funny I occasionally I am crying with laughter,
BBQ wrote:I love Rhod Gilbert's podcasts also, they are brilliant. I'm exactly the same with Russell Howard's Good News I really laugh out loud watching that show. It's one of the funniest shows on TV.JayE wrote:My favourite comedians are Rhod Gilbert, Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand, Russell Howard and Stephen Merchant. They are all brilliant comics.I enjoy Rhod Gilbert's podcasts. His non-item of the week is funny. I love Russell Howard's Good News, I find it so funny I occasionally I am crying with laughter,
chrysostom wrote:Quick aside: Russell Brand isn't a comedian.Yes he is.