- Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:30 pm
#471663
Hmm, group 42/50. That might explain why my insurance costs so much.
Chris wrote:Hmm, group 42/50. That might explain why my insurance costs so much.C'mon then, do tell.... Wha-cha-got?!
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.

Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.
Topher wrote:Ooh - I am going to need to change my car soon, what do the Car Geeks suggest? Needs to be as economical as possible and cheap as possible and be able to run and run preferably, as I'm likely to be doing a fair few miles in it. Preferably five doors, I'm guessing diesel would be cheaper to run than petrol... that's about all I know.Petrol vs. Diesel depends on your mileage per year. As for car auctions, I've never dabbled personally but I've got a friend who buys from them and makes a living out of selling them on so I'd imagine if you know what you're looking for you can get a bargain!
Also, what's everyone's opinion of car auctions?
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
Deadly wrote:Fell in love with it on the test drive.Again, much like me and the missus.
Deadly wrote:My search for a car is over. I now own a mini.How long you been a hairdresser?!!!
theflyingbadger wrote:**snigger**Deadly wrote:Fell in love with it on the test drive.Again, much like me and the missus.
theflyingbadger wrote:I'd love an old school mini in decent condition, purely because it's basically a street legal go-kart.Aye, thems was the days... RIP poor Mini, you were the best.
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
Deadly wrote:It's not a JC works, it's just a Cooper S.Well, if i'm honest, thats better than I was hoping for..! The fact you've gone with a Cooper is good enough, sod them Mini One's. Well done sir, bet you're stoked!
DevilsDuck wrote:My friend just sold his 2002 JCW!Yes, yes they are.
That was an amazing car
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.

Deadly wrote:Would you like to buy a 2001 Ford Escort. The handbrake doesn't work and it's a highly dangerous, unpredictable machine.Fix Or Repair Daily? No thanks!
£900 or a bag of magic beans.
Deadly wrote:Quite unbelievably Honda gave me £200 for it. Nearly broke down with emotion when the offered me that much as its worth about £4.50Scrap dealer *may* have offered more, but £200 is pretty impressive! Honda probably gave you that to just scrap it anyway!