Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
User avatar
By Chris
#118235
Feel free to post your questions for Aled below - maybe he'll answer them for you!

Please keep everything on topic, and keep your questions both sensible and reasonable.
Last edited by Chris on Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Nablo.
#118236
With the FA contestants being cut down to 8 after Sunday, is there any chance you will now be going in and interviewing them more?
Also any chance of you appearing on FA on 3 with ole Claudia?
User avatar
By Sidders
#118238
Aled, how do you feel about having the longest thread in the history of chrismoyles.net devoted to you?
User avatar
By Adam
#118260
Aled - Is it me or does the rest of radio one actually not realise FA2 is running? Apart from the show you work for, i havent actually heard one peep out of any other shows

Are they bothered?
By MC
#118302
Aled - who do you want to win FA?
Aled - who do you think will win FA?

When Will is away this week will you be producing Scott's show?

Is Viaduct: The Revenge going to return when Chris is back?

Will there still be Big Blubber, despite the fact the Sextathlon is over?

P.S Chris earlier this year talked about new features : I know there's been Aled's Ballads and Dave's Dictionary definitions, but are there any plans to use the BBC Fight Club feature that was mentioned at the time on the show?

Cheers
Mark
User avatar
By Adam
#118587
Aled.

Listening today - it occured to me, Who is actually thinking of the links on The Scott Mills show?

Please, the Cradle of Filth link is one of the worst things Ive ever heard in my life. Talking about peoples bedroom. I was like, Oh dear. Are these pictures actually going to make it on to the Scott Mills online page?

Surely this kind of tat isnt worthy of Radio. Obviously a avid listener of Mills and I found the CV link great, but christ is he running of things to do?

Has Moyles gone far you think?

Talking of the big man himself - Is he bothered about FA? I just get the feeling that no one at YH actually cares. . .
User avatar
By Uglybob
#118597
sticking it on sunday at 5:30 doesnt help it. i know the excuse will be the football but they could have put it on at 7pm or later.
User avatar
By Mr Dion
#119129
what do you think of this years FA compared to last years? i thinbk there is a lack of personality in the house this time and its quite boring.
User avatar
By Adam
#119336
Hi this is Ad!

Aled - Whats Wes like to work with? Whats wrong with Scott Mills?
By David
#119407
Scott was going to Madrid for the weekend.
User avatar
By Adam
#119409
David wrote:Scott was going to Madrid for the weekend.


Thanks Aled.

Obviously he wont be hanging out in Cardiff then. . .
By David
#119412
Ad wrote:
David wrote:Scott was going to Madrid for the weekend.


Thanks Aled.


No problem.
User avatar
By Aled
#119489
Nablo. wrote:With the FA contestants being cut down to 8 after Sunday, is there any chance you will now be going in and interviewing them more?
Also any chance of you appearing on FA on 3 with ole Claudia?


Hoping to do BBC3 soon.

We probably won't be increasing the amount of FA slots on the station but yes, to more interviews (now that personalities are coming through). They'll be on the show soon to do something VERY cool.
User avatar
By Aled
#119490
Sidla wrote:Aled, how do you feel about having the longest thread in the history of chrismoyles.net devoted to you?


Would be honoured if that were true!

I'm being questioned because I know stuff about Chris and the show! Not quite the same :wink:
User avatar
By Aled
#119492
Ad wrote:Aled - Is it me or does the rest of radio one actually not realise FA2 is running? Apart from the show you work for, i havent actually heard one peep out of any other shows

Are they bothered?


Check out Breakfast from Monday.

And Nemone on Sundays
User avatar
By Aled
#119495
MC wrote:Aled - who do you want to win FA?
Aled - who do you think will win FA?

When Will is away this week will you be producing Scott's show?

Is Viaduct: The Revenge going to return when Chris is back?

Will there still be Big Blubber, despite the fact the Sextathlon is over?

P.S Chris earlier this year talked about new features : I know there's been Aled's Ballads and Dave's Dictionary definitions, but are there any plans to use the BBC Fight Club feature that was mentioned at the time on the show?

Cheers
Mark


Alex should win. James might (I hope not).

I am producing Scott and Wes, I'm also producing next week with Chris and Dave.

Viaduct returns.

No more Big Blubber for the foreseeable future. The last series was called "Big Blubber 3: The Final Push" so it's been on the cards for a while. Sextathlon was a send off, while it has a rests. It may come back though. There's a few changes happening first, then we'll see.
User avatar
By Aled
#119499
Ad wrote:Hi this is Ad!

Aled - Whats Wes like to work with? Whats wrong with Scott Mills?


Wes is great to work with. Chris, Scott and Wes are COMPLETELY different jocks and they pull different skills out in me.

(before you ask) Chris brings out my diplomatic skills, trying to think like him and providing material he might like

Scott pulls out my technical skills - we both work on an anorak level. So the more production I throw at him the more he uses, and the more he wants so the more I provide e.g. Packaged news', ads, Looped beds etc

Wes pulls out a more focused-in-control Aled (which is hard to get used to!). Wes deals with what's in front of him, I stay a link or two ahead of him and prepare that material for him so when he gets there I'm ready with what I want.
User avatar
By Aled
#119503
Ad wrote:Aled.

Listening today - it occured to me, Who is actually thinking of the links on The Scott Mills show?

Please, the Cradle of Filth link is one of the worst things Ive ever heard in my life. Talking about peoples bedroom. I was like, Oh dear. Are these pictures actually going to make it on to the Scott Mills online page?

Surely this kind of tat isnt worthy of Radio. Obviously a avid listener of Mills and I found the CV link great, but christ is he running of things to do?

Has Moyles gone far you think?

Talking of the big man himself - Is he bothered about FA? I just get the feeling that no one at YH actually cares. . .


OK... out of all the posts I've seen on this site, this one cuts closest to the bone. The short answer to your question: "Who is actually thinking of the links on The Scott Mills show?" is 110%: me.

I've been responsible in the mechanics of Cradle of Filth. To my (slight) relief however the concept evolved last week with Scott and Will and I took it on. I could however have cancelled the feature but I disagree with your opinion. I don't know how old you are, but Scott and his features hit the target audience better than any other Presenter I've worked with.

I almost never have to ask the age of a listener interacting with a feature because they're always young. No exception with Cradle of Filth, we had a huge response to COF which is why I kept it going.

It was eclipsed however by out 1 Night Stand Ads which literally blocked our inboxes we had SUCH a huge response. I'm very proud of that one as that was my concept. That one WILL be coming back.

What's a CV link?

As for moyles... you can guarantee you'll find out ALL about where he went when he gets back on Monday!
User avatar
By Aled
#119505
Ad wrote:
David wrote:Scott was going to Madrid for the weekend.


Thanks Aled.

Obviously he wont be hanging out in Cardiff then. . .


Tis true!

Moyles is though. Check out a bonus show (just him) on Sunday from 7.
By David
#119528
I'm not kissing ass here, I'm not that sort of person, but I have to say Scott in the last 2 weeks has really growen on me. Before hand I didn't really like him, in fact hated his show... but in the last two weeks I have come to quite like it. It's still not a patch on Moyles - so I wouldn't be upset if I missed a show of Scotts, but I did quite enjoy listening to it.

DL
User avatar
By Eddie
#119567
yeah, I totally agree, Scott did a very good job this time. Just the right amount of good features to keep me enbtertained. If they were your features like you said Aled then well done!
User avatar
By Minnie the Minx
#119570
Ad wrote:Please, the Cradle of Filth link is one of the worst things Ive ever heard in my life. Talking about peoples bedroom. I was like, Oh dear. Are these pictures actually going to make it on to the Scott Mills online page?


Did Chris not do a feature exactly like that when Lizzie was on the show? I think the only difference was that the prize was a hoover.

[quote='Aled']What's a CV link?[/quote]

Its the link Scott did where people had to send in their CV's and Scott and Will went through them commenting on them.

Aled, Are you going to see Aberystwyth play this season?
User avatar
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
#119577
compared to wes scott is a genius. aled ask wes if he was at salford uni at the same time as that charity dingle bird an if he went there..
By MC
#119580
Aled, I know you have Jonathan Pearce on the show on Friday's now and I know Chris doesn't want to make the show too football based - but are Will and Chris planning on bringing back some kind of Sport-talk feature to the show on Mondays?

(Not sure if you heard it before you joined - they used to have clips of Will presenting a spoof 5 Live Sports phone-in with Chris and Dave calling up)
User avatar
By Eddie
#119646
Course Aled heard. He isn't wasn't a new Radio 1 staff memeber when he joined Chris' team as a regular (After doing little bits ocasionally such as BB ALED)
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 48

TCMS Unedited Wednesday October 16th, 2019 h[…]

Great show this morning, it’s live, Dave got a men[…]