Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By bmstinton93
This is probably not a popular view and I'm sure Monday's episode will receive many complaints but Corrie lately is absolutely brilliant in my opinion. I think they are handling a very tough subject of euthanasia very very well and last night's episode was very sad!
By Topher
Oh, are you just starting on series one? It's amazing.
By Badger Mark
Topher wrote:Oh, are you just starting on series one? It's amazing.

Sorry I wasn't more clear about this. I'm referring to series 3. The first two were both broadcast here not long after they did in the UK. All of the discussion about #3 that went on here recently made me a bit envious that I had to wait a couple of weeks till it came over here.
By JayE
Started watching Breaking Bad in early January as I recieved all 5 series' for Christmas. I don't usually watch shows of this genre and I have to say I'm absolutely hooked on it. I'm up to episode 3 of series 2 and I think it might be favourite TV Show ever made (so far) It's that type of show for me where you think you'll just watch one episode a day but as soon as that one ends you just have to watch more to find out what happens next.
By Topher
Haha.

I've not watched it, but they rave about it at work.
By JayE
The Deadly wrote:Do you understand it properly?

It's not really hard to grasp to be honest. Yes I do understand it and I'm enjoying it a huge amount.
By JayE
bmstinton93 wrote:That's one show I really could not get in to.

I heard it takes a couple of seasons before the show gets really good. I'm sticking with it though, there have been some absolute crackers so far.
By The Deadly
JayE wrote:
The Deadly wrote:Do you understand it properly?

It's not really hard to grasp to be honest. Yes I do understand it and I'm enjoying it a huge amount.

Oh by the way the girlfriend did it. Sorry if that ruins things for you.
By Nicola_Red
Anyone else watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine? I quite like it so far. It's a bit Scrubs-esque in style and as we've previously discussed I had issues with Scrubs, but still pretty funny.
By dimtimjim
Seen a bit of it Nic, what I saw was funny enough...
By Bruvva
Nicola_Red wrote:Anyone else watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine? I quite like it so far. It's a bit Scrubs-esque in style and as we've previously discussed I had issues with Scrubs, but still pretty funny.

Yeah, saw the first couple of episodes. Won't bother with the rest. Just not for me I think.

I'm in a bit of a tv wasteland at the moment, there's not a lot about that I'm that bothered about watching.
By Topher
New series of Outnumbered started last night! I've not seen it yet... I suspect it must be the last, they must all be looking quite grown up now.
By Badger Mark
Nicola_Red wrote:Anyone else watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine? I quite like it so far. It's a bit Scrubs-esque in style and as we've previously discussed I had issues with Scrubs, but still pretty funny.

Don't watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but your Scrubs comment caught my eye. The first time I ever heard Chris and Dave talk about Scrubs I was really struck by how much they hated that show. I didn't get the vitriol toward it. My wife and I really enjoyed the first several seasons of it - we both thought it was pretty funny in a goofy kind of way. Eventually we gave up on it though because the network it was on here in the US kept shifting it around in the schedule and we couldn't keep track of it.
By Bonanzoid

What issues did you have with Scrubs? Personally I love it, I've definitely seen each episode many, many times. I'm pretty sad.
By JayE
I love Scrubs, I've got every series on DVD apart from series 9 of course, I can't believe they made another series after ending it on series 8 and giving the last episode of series 8 the best possible ending. It really was just a way to cash in and for that reason I will never watch it.
By Bonanzoid
JayE wrote:I love Scrubs, I've got every series on DVD apart from series 9 of course, I can't believe they made another series after ending it on series 8 and giving the last episode of series 8 the best possible ending. It really was just a way to cash in and for that reason I will never watch it.

Bill Lawrence didn't want to make another season, but was forced to by the network I think. He tried to change the name from Scrubs, but wasn't allowed to do that either. That's why it's Scrubs:Med School. Obviously season 9 isn't as good as the other 8, but it's still better than a lot of pish you can see on TV.
By The Deadly
I've said it before somewhere here that Scrubs is the only Anerican comedy series I've liked. I can see it coming back with the original cast at some point for a one off show.

Wednesday show is up