chrysostom wrote:I believe it's now RomanticaStation, 973ooh, I'll have a look this evening. I suspect that's right down in the dead zone with all the religious and foreign language channels that I never look at.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Nicola_Red wrote: Fresh Meat - I loved that too.Is that ironic...? Or just a subliminal message?!!
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
Nicola_Red wrote:No, I think it was shown over here, maybe on BBC2. Another Scottish one that was glossed over in England is Gary: Tank Commander, that was great. I love Greg McHugh. Which brings me to Fresh Meat - I loved that too.You've been Tedious Linking too much Nic.
dimtimjim wrote:What do you mean? It was a great show, why would I be being ironic?Nicola_Red wrote: Fresh Meat - I loved that too.Is that ironic...? Or just a subliminal message?!!
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Nicola_Red wrote:Er...Mad Men! But I'm sure everyone has seen that, it's hardly under the radar. I'm obsessed with it though. Almost as badly as I was with Lost, although not quite.I've heard of it, am aware of Christina Hendricks (yum) however never watched in BBC 2 & now Sky have pinched it I'll probably never watch it ever.
tizer wrote:one that's yet to start in the uk is suits, proper good telly and i hear that dave is showing it so your not going to be able to miss itI thought about watching it but if it's as good as you say the first series or two will be on Dave & then Sky will pinch it again like they do with everything else.
Johnny 1989 wrote:Nicola_Red wrote:Er...Mad Men! But I'm sure everyone has seen that, it's hardly under the radar. I'm obsessed with it though. Almost as badly as I was with Lost, although not quite.I've heard of it, am aware of Christina Hendricks (yum) however never watched in BBC 2 & now Sky have pinched it I'll probably never watch it ever.
tizer wrote:one that's yet to start in the uk is suits, proper good telly and i hear that dave is showing it so your not going to be able to miss itI thought about watching it but if it's as good as you say the first series or two will be on Dave & then Sky will pinch it again like they do with everything else.
If we're recommending shows I'd go with the following (current & classic):
BlackAdder (Series 2-4, don't bother with Series 1)
Red Dwarf (Series 2-6 especially, 1, 7 & 8 have their moments but they're not a patch on Series 2-6)
Father Ted
Open All Hours (An under rated gem that sadly gets forgotten about these days)
Porridge
Spaced (another under rated gem)
Only Fools & Horses
No Angels (another one that many don't know about)
Black Books
Not Going Out (three people on here at least will disagree with that)
Teachers (Series 1-3 only, don't bother with series 4 it's awful)
Outnumbered
Bottom (yes I know it's crude but it still makes me laugh)
Desmonds
Charlalottie on Twitter wrote:Just remembered that I played pool with a satanist last night. Really should go out on a Friday more often.
Charlalottie wrote:Had a good night last night. We lost the pub quiz but had my hair plaited by a viking.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Charlalottie on Twitter wrote:Just remembered that I played pool with a satanist last night. Really should go out on a Friday more often.
Charlalottie wrote:Had a good night last night. We lost the pub quiz but had my hair plaited by a viking.
richbrown wrote:2point4 Children was brilliant. The BBC have more or less abandoned it now and don't even acknowledge its existence on their website.Yeah I liked it a lot as well, it trailed off a bit during the last series but it was funny for the first 4-5 series. It's odd that the BBC seem to acknowledge it any more, I guess the same is also for The Detectives, that was another great BBC comedy of the early 90's that seems to have been forgot about now.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.
Topher wrote:Outnumbered is brilliant, so funny.Did you see the new BBC series 'One...' with Jasper Carrott? That was quite funny...
I think the BBC occasionally repeat The Detectives don't they? I loved that too.
Yudster wrote:Best post ever.
Topher wrote:I think the BBC occasionally repeat The Detectives don't they? I loved that too.If they have I've missed it. I would kinda like to see it again, but as I say, I feel I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Another one that happened to me with is Bread - I loved it at the time, my mum bought one of the series on dvd recently, and it just isn't funny. In fact I was left wondering how I ever found it funny.
Bas wrote:She's the Tina Daheley of chrismoyles.netMissed any of Dave's Tedious Links? Catch up with my Tedious Links 2010-12 page here
Deadly wrote:Topher wrote:Stuff about Thatcher....You are a disgrace and I'm looking forward to when someone you respect dies so I can rub your liberal face in it.