The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Dale
Guest: Dave Vitty - 'Comedy Dave' from Chris Moyles Radio 1 show
"We (Joe Wilkinson and David Earl) had a lovely chat with Dave about his journey from dead end job to the Breakfast show."

There's quite a fair few mentions of Moyles during this podcast, so I thought it'd be relevant to share. :)

To Listen:
By David
A fascinating interview for any fan of the show. We've heard about Chris's history over the years and how he got to where he was, but never Dave's.

Great to hear stories of the early days when Dave and Chris would spend all day in the pub after Early Breakfast.

I couldn't quite determine what Dave thinks of Chris these days. There's no mention of his relationship, or lack of, with him - but he speaks very fondly of his time at Radio 1 and how great a broadcaster Chris is. I can't believe anyone who had a massive fall out with someone to the extent that has been reported, would speak so open and honest about how fond he was of that time.

But on the other hand, he refers to Chris the entire way through the interview as 'Moyles'. Never Chris. They were best friends at one point. Referring to him as Moyles is very abrupt, it's how the newspapers would refer to him when they were writing a negative piece.

Quite sad hearing Dave talk about the 'wasteland' that was after the breakfast show.

I think everyone on this forum would enjoy this podcast. Not that there's many people left on this forum.
By bmstinton93
Summed it up perfectly there. Really enjoyed the interview. One of my main takeaways too from it was how he called him "Moyles" throughout. I guess he has to talk highly about him, he'd essentially be nothing without him. I hope there's no bad blood now though.
By VMPhil
Really interesting interview, pretty much mostly about the Radio 1 days and nice that the hosts were big fans too. I actually thought the most interesting part was the full details in how he got to that position on Radio 1 in the first place.
By Sidders
David wrote:A fascinating interview for any fan of the show. We've heard about Chris's history over the years and how he got to where he was, but never Dave's.

Great to hear stories of the early days when Dave and Chris would spend all day in the pub after Early Breakfast.

I couldn't quite determine what Dave thinks of Chris these days. There's no mention of his relationship, or lack of, with him - but he speaks very fondly of his time at Radio 1 and how great a broadcaster Chris is. I can't believe anyone who had a massive fall out with someone to the extent that has been reported, would speak so open and honest about how fond he was of that time.

But on the other hand, he refers to Chris the entire way through the interview as 'Moyles'. Never Chris. They were best friends at one point. Referring to him as Moyles is very abrupt, it's how the newspapers would refer to him when they were writing a negative piece.

Quite sad hearing Dave talk about the 'wasteland' that was after the breakfast show.

I think everyone on this forum would enjoy this podcast. Not that there's many people left on this forum.

Nice to see some of the old names still pop in from time-to-time. You still in the Shetlands, David?

Thanks for sharing this, I'll give it a listen.
By G-Sizzle
Only just stumbled across that podcast and it made me think of the good times, which is why I’ve logged back into here.

I agree that it’s a fantastic interview, but the abruptness in which he speaks of “Moyles” sticks out like a sore thumb.
But he dies call him a genius at DJing.

He wasn’t asked why he didn’t join back up with Chris, but at this point I don’t think we will ever hear from anyone involved regarding that.
By Keenun
I feel like I was listening to a different podcast based off the above. Everything Dave recounted and shared of his time at R1 was all in great spirit, especially when reminiscing and complimenting Chris. I don't think him calling him "Moyles" had any ill intent and he did say Chris a few times. I don't think it's the cold shoulder everyone is suggesting otherwise he wouldn't have complimented Chris and his abilities as much as he did. Upon looking up BBC Monitoring, where he got his start, it seems the headquarters at Caversham Park had been sold in 2018 and the service sized down and moved to London sadly. I don't think he's aware of that. But it was the first I heard about such things, looks like they've done some amazing work nevertheless.
By Keenun
neilt0 wrote:
Keenun wrote:he did say Chris a few times

Only about Evans, not our Chris M, right?

Nope. 38.37 & 42.56 are just some of the timecodes where he references Chris as Chris. Like I said, I didn't hear any animosity throughout the interview.

Thank you both!!