Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By d000hg
The bottom seems to have fallen out of the forum. Has everyone stopped being a fan? Or moved to that Facebook group... What's it called?
By James H
bmstinton93 wrote:The Facebook group is far more weird than this site ever was.

I thought I saw your name in one of the comments on there!

And yes, social media is really not helping forums, but having said that, we have a lot of things that forums don't, like the sound vault, wiki, etc. I'd imagine they're still getting traffic at least, one of the guys from the group added a ton of clips to the vault a couple of weeks ago.
By d000hg
I'm still using the old show archive. I like the Global player but every now and then I get more than a week behind and have to come here. Also great for the edited podcast intro/outro. Although I kind of wish that was available as a separate download.
By Radio-Graveyard
long time lurker, first time poster

the breakfast show was and remains about the only time I ever really listened to the radio, i usually play the show from the archives during my work day from home, its amazing background listening without being too distracting - i often come here to find relevant threads to the shows as they are happening or listen to my favourite clips

maybe im just weird :)
By d000hg
I prefer forums for proper chat. FB is great for quick things but not a nice discussion. I do miss forums, they are struggling generally.
By Sidders
I still drop by once in a while.

I have a proper life now, job, wife, daughter, bills to pay, everything...

I'd give it all up to bring the glory days of this forum back though
By Stickyshocker
I’m here and I’m the guy that posted all the clips. I’m not in that group anymore as fell out with the admin! The page was full of really bad random rubbish and nothing posted was anything that you wanted to look at or be interested in but admin didn’t like things that directed from their page. I have that page actual content like every Instagram DJ set in MP3, branded wallpapers and directed them here for all of the jingles. However there is a group of us that started to get together to replay Chris’ Crowdcast sets and when I tried to promote it on their group it was then against their rules! So I deleted all my content and left and continue to come back here.
By James H
Stickyshocker wrote:I’m here and I’m the guy that posted all the clips. I’m not in that group anymore as fell out with the admin! The page was full of really bad random rubbish and nothing posted was anything that you wanted to look at or be interested in but admin didn’t like things that directed from their page. I have that page actual content like every Instagram DJ set in MP3, branded wallpapers and directed them here for all of the jingles. However there is a group of us that started to get together to replay Chris’ Crowdcast sets and when I tried to promote it on their group it was then against their rules! So I deleted all my content and left and continue to come back here.

Oh wow, I didn't realise they were so militant about that sort of stuff, how can you share things like that easily without taking it outside of Facebook?

I'm still on the FB group, although I'm not really sure why, I never post on it and most of the posts are of little to no interest to me!
By Adam
Sidders wrote:I still drop by once in a while.

I have a proper life now, job, wife, daughter, bills to pay, everything...

I'd give it all up to bring the glory days of this forum back though

Hi Sidders
By Longview01
I was a very active member until a certain other member (I won't mention names but they drove away a few people) joined and I couldn't stand him and left only to pop back her every now and again
By slaphead1982
Hello all
I'm not even nearly as active as I used to be on here but I still listen to the show and like it more often than not but in terms of this place I just drifted away. There was and is no reason really why I did except life got more and more in the way but I do pop on once in a blue moon
By Randomisation20
Hello

It seems a lot of people are using the unofficial Facebook group but it does make me smile how many times this portal on site gets referenced :) I guess a lot of members there are members here as well

Thank you both!!