The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By d000hg
I don't listen to live radio these days but as well as the edited CM shows I'm a big fan of Annie Mac.

I'm a big fan of Zane but have no way to listen, equally I'd love to listen to Steve Allen but think there's a paywall on listen again.

If I catch it, I still love Scott's show (how on earth is he still going) and quite like Grimmy now he's not on breakfast.

What are you guys listening to for music and non music radio?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
By JayE
I listen to Moyles edits and very occasionally Beats 1 on Apple Music, the music they play is the type I’m in to so it’s great for finding new stuff I’ve never heard of.

Other than that I listen to podcasts. No radio. I couldn’t listen to anything live regularly. Don’t have the time.
I'm still a R1 listener and although I haven't quite gelled with Greg James on breakfast (weird as I used to like him on afternoons), I'm a big fan of Scott and Chris, Matt and Mollie, Jordan North and Dev and Alice. Podcast wise, I listen to My Dad Wrote a P0rno, Help! I Sexted My Boss, Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast, and Richard Osman's The Birthday Game.
By Topher
I'm basically just podcasts now and if I run out of them I turn to Spotify. Most of my podcasts are weekly, so I get stressed out if I get behind. Podcast recommendations (some are very well-known to be fair):

Geeky (but also light-hearted):
No Such Thing as a Fish (by the QI researchers - they each discuss four facts they've found out that week)
The Curious Cases of Rutherford and Fry
The Infinite Monkey Cage
Pessimists Archive - all about how people have feared new things throughout the ages

Film / TV
Kermode and Mayo's Film Review
Empire
Pilot TV

True crime
They Walk Among Us (UK based)
Criminal (US based)
Serial Killers (US based)

Comedy
The Guilty Feminist (has introduced me to some brilliant comics, has stand up by Deborah-Frances White and another woman every week and focuses on a topic. If you are a bloke, it's really eye-opening too).
Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast
Friday Night Comedy (Radio 4)
Radio 4 Comedy of the Week (a bit hit and miss)
The Adam Buxton Podcast

Politics
The Smartest Man in the World (Greg Proops rants against Trump and republicans - sometimes live. More political than comedic).
Page 94 (Private Eye podcast - not very regular)

Other stuff
Simon Mayo's Books of the Year (he started doing this with Matt from the old Radio 2 show after Jo Whiley joined his show)
Beautiful Anonymous (the host - an American comedian called Chris Gethard - takes one hour-long phone call a week from an anonymous caller and they can talk about anything. Some people have really interesting things to talk about, sometimes it's enlightening or makes you think, sometimes it's funny and sometimes it's pretty heavy going. The host is cool though, I like him, he's very empathetic).
Sex Power Money (Sara Pascoe interviewing people about how people view sex. A limited series, really interesting).
Griefcast (this sounds horrible, but it's really good. Cariad Lloyd interviews someone each week about the death of a loved one. It's very moving and not too depressing because a lot of the people are comedians).
By Topher
Topher wrote:Criminal (US based)

Latest episode of this is one that's right up your street Nicola. It involves Harper Lee, in that it's a true crime story that she apparently tried to write, she's mentioned at the beginning and the end.

https://pca.st/y9c5ceqg
Topher wrote:
Topher wrote:Criminal (US based)

Latest episode of this is one that's right up your street Nicola. It involves Harper Lee, in that it's a true crime story that she apparently tried to write, she's mentioned at the beginning and the end.

https://pca.st/y9c5ceqg

I'll have to have a listen! I'm not a true crime fan generally.

Thank you both!!