The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
I wonder why they do these random unannounced live Saturday shows. Though there was a reference to someone texting in saying ‘How do we know it’s live, you could have just recorded this yesterday’ and the implication being that it was too busy on Friday to do it.
obidankenobi wrote:
VMPhil wrote:Dom's doing voice training work again. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it might mean…

Yes I hope it doesn't mean that too, I'm enjoying the show at the moment!

I’m not enjoying it as much as I did earlier this year but I think this year has been the best in the Radio X show’s history.
VMPhil wrote:
obidankenobi wrote:
VMPhil wrote:Dom's doing voice training work again. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it might mean…

Yes I hope it doesn't mean that too, I'm enjoying the show at the moment!

I’m not enjoying it as much as I did earlier this year but I think this year has been the best in the Radio X show’s history.

Someone I know did a training session whilst the show was in full swing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Knowing Chris, it think he would want a nice round number, like 5 years of shows, and thus would wanna stay till next Sept. Who knows though... I like the show. I don't love it but I do LIKE it, so them leaving would definitely make me super sad :/
He seems to have taken quite a-bit of time off recently and not just him but there was about 3 weeks where somebody was off in the team. Definitely disrupts the flow.

Thankfully I have a couple of podcasts to catch up on so will listen to this in the car this morning
JayE wrote:He’s off again. Is this to do with his contract? He’s made a few remarks about resigning and the show ending the past few days.

I haven't heard those remarks, but he did mention that he's off to Las Vegas for a few days for his friend Gavin's birthday.. and then there was something about him wanting just a day or so off early next week, but Radio X made him take the whole week I think? I'm not sure, I do agree that having random people off definitely disrupts the flow - especially with it being Chris, but it has been very disrupted over the last few weeks of August. I wish they could all synchronise their holidays - I'm sure they all did that on the R1 Breakfast Show?
obidankenobi wrote:
JayE wrote:He’s off again. Is this to do with his contract? He’s made a few remarks about resigning and the show ending the past few days.

I haven't heard those remarks, but he did mention that he's off to Las Vegas for a few days for his friend Gavin's birthday.. and then there was something about him wanting just a day or so off early next week, but Radio X made him take the whole week I think? I'm not sure, I do agree that having random people off definitely disrupts the flow - especially with it being Chris, but it has been very disrupted over the last few weeks of August. I wish they could all synchronise their holidays - I'm sure they all did that on the R1 Breakfast Show?

I don’t think so, occasionally Mills would do the entire week with much of us not listening but Vernon and others did stand in with the rest of the team for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Listened to Thursdays open this morning. Was right at the top of the show. Pippa brought up Aled (can’t remember why) and Chris straight away said “he’s on the list as well, and you know why”
Wonder what sparked that then.
Kyle1974 wrote:
VMPhil wrote:Jesus, Chris sure knows how to burn his bridges.

Oh I don't know, some presenters on other stations do a much better job of napalming them with the chickens coming home to roost...

anyone else catch when Mike Bushell was on they mentioned that Dev is also on Strictly this year and Chris said "nice guy" but then added "the luckiest man in radio"?! What is that supposed to mean? Why couldn't he just say 'nice guy' and then leave it at that? Gah.
Nicola_Red wrote:
anyone else catch when Mike Bushell was on they mentioned that Dev is also on Strictly this year and Chris said "nice guy" but then added "the luckiest man in radio"?! What is that supposed to mean? Why couldn't he just say 'nice guy' and then leave it at that? Gah.

He's definitely used that line previously, quite possibly a few times.

Thank you both!!