The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Topher
Small independent station - I reckon they'll pay them off and be done with it.
I did some reading about this - seems that unless exe have an existing copyright then it just means X can't copyright it themselves. Rookie mistake though

Although given everyone's obsession with the 'male focused' quote - perhaps Radio XY might be a better name. AMIRITE?
By Topher
chrysostom wrote:I did some reading about this - seems that unless exe have an existing copyright then it just means X can't copyright it themselves.

BBC News wrote:But the registration of Radio X as a trademark with the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) has been opposed.
The similarly-named independent station Radio EXE owns the IP of "Radio EXE and similar sounding marks" in the categories Radio X was refused.

Is IP not the same as copyright, pretty much?
By neilt0
chrysostom wrote:I did some reading about this - seems that unless exe have an existing copyright then it just means X can't copyright it themselves. Rookie mistake though

Although given everyone's obsession with the 'male focused' quote - perhaps Radio XY might be a better name. AMIRITE?

Trademark, not copyright. And they're too similar to grant the trademark is the claim.

It'd be like bringing out a console and calling it the "Eggs Box 1". Too similar to an existing trademark = customer confusion or potentially "passing off".

Editing gap to come for a few days.