Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Nicola_Red
Mine neither, but I can see its merits. I just think it's very of its time. There are comedies that I think have stood the test of time better, like Fawlty Towers or Porridge.
By Topher
Yudster wrote:Its never been my favourite thing either.

Yeah, but I know he was joking (at least a little bit)....

Nicola_Red wrote:Mine neither, but I can see its merits. I just think it's very of its time. There are comedies that I think have stood the test of time better, like Fawlty Towers or Porridge.

Those have definitely stood the test of time and I do love both of those, but I don't see how you can say it's not stood the test of time! It's funny every time. EVERY TIME. You are WRONG.

There I bit.

foot-loose wrote:Or Blackadder.

*pokes Topher with a stick*

Piss off you.
By Nicola_Red
Persuaded Mr Red to switch to the same bank as me and we got £100 each for the privilege, it landed in my account today. Very pleased.
By Boboff
I am pleased too.

It's very new this internet, forum, ebs and flows etc, and this is like a new phase in a modern history of media and communication and social stuff like innit.
By foot-loose
Boboff wrote:I am pleased too.

It's very new this internet, forum, ebs and flows etc, and this is like a new phase in a modern history of media and communication and social stuff like innit.

#truedat
By Topher
The Deadly wrote:So David Cameron and the pig......

Doesn't change my opinion of him. He's still a *, just a * that allegedly did weird stuff with his * and a dead pig and did a few drugs.
By Nicola_Red
Topher wrote:

Doesn't change my opinion of him. He's still a *, just a * that allegedly did weird stuff with his * and a dead pig and did a few drugs.

That's exactly what I said to Mr Red. He was terrible at running the country before and he's still terrible now, what he did at uni really doesn't matter that much.
By Topher
I think he is quite good at running the country for very rich people. You are obviously not in the top 1%.
By Nicola_Red
Ha! No, most definitely not :)

A friend of mine (from my other forum) was married to a bloke who physically and sexually abused her and their kids. He went to prison but is now out. He pays child support for their one child who is still young enough to be entitled to it, via the CSA. Hidden in the Tories' manifesto was that they were to stop that and make parents make their own arrangements for child support, and if they couldn't, the government will take 24% of the money as payment for doing it. So regardless of whether it's difficult, traumatic or dangerous to have contact with your ex, you gotta do it - or lose a quarter of your (already quite measly) money. It's so gross. She has a petition going against it, but I dunno if it'll make any difference.
By Topher
I didn't know that, it hasn't received much of the attention. Where is it, I will sign. It's not much, but it goes towards showing the strength of feeling against a vicious regime (I truly believe that by the way - I genuinely think that there's a relatively small amount of incompetence in this government that pales into insignificance next to the vile, disgusting, evil, uncaring malice that is causing most of the issues. Iain Duncan Smith is the vilest of all, he is a bigger * than any of them.
By Topher
Signed.
Topher wrote:

Yep, people go on about Blair, who was a tosser let's be fair here, but I find Cameron to be far viler well in my opinion at least & it's not because he's a Tory, it's because he's a 'Orrible keyunt*

*how some people in Essex pronounce the word
Topher wrote:I didn't know that, it hasn't received much of the attention. Where is it, I will sign. It's not much, but it goes towards showing the strength of feeling against a vicious regime (I truly believe that by the way - I genuinely think that there's a relatively small amount of incompetence in this government that pales into insignificance next to the vile, disgusting, evil, uncaring malice that is causing most of the issues. Iain Duncan Smith is the vilest of all, he is a bigger * than any of them.

Iain Duncan Smith is truely a vile piece of shit, absolutely no compassion & his stance on people with mental disabilites to go to work because "it's good for them" * off you tosser, makes it worse that he is MP for Chingford which is just up the road from Ilford, which means I have a good chance of bumping into the *.

On the other hand my local MP Mike Gapes is a nice chap and actually gives a shit about his constituancy, he has not stopped campaigning to keep King George Hospital open, goes to practically every local meeting in Redbridge, regardless of whether or not there is anything in the meeting for Ilford South and quite often answers residents queries, which is more than can be said for that twat IDS

Apologies went off on a bit of a rant there [emoji14]
Nicola_Red wrote:Thanks Toph. Here it is:

[url]https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-david-cameron-mp-child-maintenance-for-abused-families[/url]

If anyone else would like to sign it would be appreciated. :)

Signed, hope they can put a stop to this, I really hope people come to their senses come 2020 and don't vote this lot in again!
Johnny 1989 wrote:On the other hand my local MP Mike Gapes is a nice chap....

He's a Blairite as far as I can tell. He may be a good local MP, but he is on record saying:

Mike Gapes wrote:I’ll show him [Corbyn] as much loyalty as he showed other leaders

This despite the fact that Corbyn's rebellions have been principled stances that have time and time again been shown to be correct.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]