The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Ant
I wonder if he had a clause in his BBC contract stating he couldn't work for a competitor for a certain period of time, as it's almost three years to the week since the last show was on Radio 1.
By hdsport82
Ant wrote:I wonder if he had a clause in his BBC contract stating he couldn't work for a competitor for a certain period of time, as it's almost three years to the week since the last show was on Radio 1.

Possibly but remember he had a contract that went beyond September 2012 so you would have thought any negotiations around terminating it would have allowed him to to reduce that period if it existed and 3 years is a long time to agree to in the first place (plus he's wasn't exactly Top Gear in terms of revenue for the BBC so they didn't have that angle to consider)...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/1 ... until-2014

...I'm thinking more he wanted a break and/or try other things (that maybe didn't work out) and is now ready/needs to get back on the air, either that or he's really winding everyone up by playing along with the rumours!
By ChunkyMunky
Now it's sort of official, I'm looking forward to hearing who's on his team.
Perfect scenario would be both Dom and Dave, because the banter between those 3 was at times hilarious.
At the very least, I would hope Dom was part of it.
Hard to tell what the situation is between Dave and Chris.

I know Chris will probably want to start afresh, with something completely new, but he'll struggle to find people as good as Dave and Dom to bounce things off.

Gonna be interesting!
By hdsport82
I think it will just be Dom and Pippa will be it from the old team.

Possibly Aled but it would have to be a role at Global beyond 'just' producer so I'm doubtful. Dave I just can't see but he might decide that it's worth the awkwardness for the cash (and the publicity).
By itsajackal
Dave being back would be incredible, but isn't the consensus on here that their relationship is more or less totally screwed by this point? If that's the case it seems unlikely either of them would want to work together again.

Re-listening to old shows, Dom is just as vital, but really it's the 3 of them together that would be the dream ticket for me, however unlikely that is.
By ChunkyMunky
Yeah, you don't know what rumours to believe about Dave and Chris.
They could have fallen out over anything.
Shame, because I think they were really good friends off the air.

I follow Dave, Dom and Chris on Twitter, as most people here probably do, and the only interaction between them is between Dave and Dom occasionally, and neither of them with Chris.
I could have missed those tweets though.

@hdsport82: Dom and Pippa would be a good start.
The only thing I'm confident of is that Aled won't be a part of this.
JayE wrote:
The Deadly wrote:Will the new shows be uploaded to here as before by someone?

Hell yes! I might even do some of it myself!

Like I said before I'm planning on downloading each show and editing out the music and the news sections (except the first one), and I'll be happy to upload the edited versions as before, presumably using Internet Archive again, and posting the links on the Wiki (and here too? Will we still want to be doing that?). I don't know if you were planning on editing them too or just uploading the full shows, but it would certainly be helpful if someone other than me could upload the full shows.

Speaking of which, please can someone PM me as to how to download the shows?
By hdsport82
ChunkyMunky wrote:Yeah, you don't know what rumours to believe about Dave and Chris.
They could have fallen out over anything.
Shame, because I think they were really good friends off the air.

I follow Dave, Dom and Chris on Twitter, as most people here probably do, and the only interaction between them is between Dave and Dom occasionally, and neither of them with Chris.
I could have missed those tweets though.

@hdsport82: Dom and Pippa would be a good start.
The only thing I'm confident of is that Aled won't be a part of this.

It's tough to know exactly what went on they still worked well on air but I think it's been picked up that when watching live streams of the show they didn't exactly interact much off air which lent credability to the rumours.

I agree about Aled he's much more than a producer now plus XFM/Radio X isn't exactly in his wheelhouse music wise so it would be a strange switch but I think he's more likely than Dave but that's not saying much.

Dom and Pippa have been part of the rumours for a while and one is at Global already and one has just left Radio 1 so they seem pretty likely to be part of it.

The other variable (if we assume this is happening) is exactly how much music he is going to want to/be told to play? It is a waste (both of money and talent) to employ him just as another music jock but he is going to have ads to contend with already. Of course he's done commercial radio before but 'his act' has come a long way since whilst commercial radio has become more and more generic and restrictive.

If the lineup is what it is rumoured to be then he's seems to have been the starting point for Radio X's creation (maybe even helped to choose the lineup) so perhaps he's also been given the freedom to do the show he wants.
Last edited by hdsport82 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JayE
ianpwilliams wrote:Like I said before I'm planning on downloading each show and editing out the music and the news sections (except the first one), and I'll be happy to upload the edited versions as before, presumably using Internet Archive again, and posting the links on the Wiki (and here too? Will we still want to be doing that?). I don't know if you were planning on editing them too or just uploading the full shows, but it would certainly be helpful if someone other than me could upload the full shows.

If you do the editing I can just upload the full shows if that helps.
By G-Sizzle
I'm such a sad little man, my heart was pounding watching that video!
I was convinced it was gonna be some kind of joke and that in the box would be a bit of paper that said "I'm never going to work on the radio again" or something
By bmstinton93
The Deadly wrote:I actually predict the return of both Dave and Dom.

I really hope you're right, but I would put £100 on you being wrong. A Dom return maybe but Dave will never happen I feel.
By The Deadly
bmstinton93 wrote:
The Deadly wrote:I actually predict the return of both Dave and Dom.

I really hope you're right, but I would put £100 on you being wrong. A Dom return maybe but Dave will never happen I feel.

Absolutely the odds are against it but it's just such a Chris thing to do to swerve the listeners. Can picture the first link now where Chris talks about a new start etc and then Dave just pops up at the end of it with an inane comment.
By ollyh
The video was a lovely surprise this morning, I was worried it was going to be something unrelated :D

But as much as I'd love him to Dave and/or Dom back with him like old times, I'd personally be surprised if either of them do actually come back with him, it's obviously going to be a new start for him to start afresh and I just get the feeling that that would mean a new team as well and Dave and Dom and Aled obviously all have their own things going on right now. Obviously I really hope I'm wrong though, cannot wait to hear him back on the radio, thank god the 3 years is nearly over.
By JayE
I pray Dave isn't there if I'm being honest. Chris and Dave's chemistry towards the end of the R1 tenure sucked. I'm personally looking forward to hearing a fresh new Chris Moyles show that is nothing like the old one. That ship has sailed.