The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
By James H
*puts on hopeful hat*

Maybe he's doing Bake Off because he has some other project he's going to launch around the same time...
By JayE
Whatever it is, if it isn't radio/podcast related then I'm not interested in the slightest, hell at this point I don't even care if he gets back on the radio or does a podcast or not at all.
By ritchie
I was ~15 when I began listening to Moyles, am now ~30

Still enjoy similar themes - however, a little more maturely.

Can't believe how much this guy seems to have changed - almost cringeworthy.
By MadTheEddos
Yudster wrote:Steve Wright is, sadly, no longer good on the radio. The Radio 2 afternoon slot would be perfect for Moyles. Chris Evans is too good on Breakfast to even think about giving up and Simon Mayo is a god on Drive but Steve Wright has had his day.

Moyles replacing Evans on Breakfast would be the stuff of legend. It would also be karma for Evans after his countless inferiority-driven immature digs at Chris. I really hope it happens at some point.
And Moyles is the one presenter who could get me seriously listening to Radio 2.

ritchie wrote:Can't believe how much this guy seems to have changed - almost cringeworthy.

Maybe that's in preparation for a move to Radio 2, LOL.

Seriously though, hope Moylesy can get himself more motivated in due course and ultimately revive his career. As alluded to already, the more time passes that he stays out of the public eye the more he'll slowly be forgotten - which is a gross injustice to his awesome talent.
By ChrisBoyles
Lol at the discussion of moyles EVER having a shot at middle class, middle England prude radio 2 listeners on afternoon or mornings. Never going to happen. Unless he dramatically dilutes or changes his style and becomes 'cheese' (ok, he's half way there, but still)

Sadly, he's had his day and can't see him doing much else, apart from z-list 'bake offs' and more unfunny you tube shit.
By VMPhil
ChrisBoyles wrote:Lol at the discussion of moyles EVER having a shot at middle class, middle England prude radio 2 listeners on afternoon or mornings. Never going to happen. Unless he dramatically dilutes or changes his style and becomes 'cheese' (ok, he's half way there, but still)

Sadly, he's had his day and can't see him doing much else, apart from z-list 'bake offs' and more unfunny you tube shit.

Nobody thought Chris Evans would ever have a chance on Radio 2 in the mid 90s. He, as is natural with most people, matured and changed in the intervening years. Similarly, Radio 2 also changed in the intervening years as it always does to suit former Radio 1 listeners from 15-20 years ago. I don't think at this point we can really predict what will happen.
By Yudster
The audience that listened to Terry Wogan when he first started on R2 is mostly dead. Chris Evans is definitely not broadcasting to the same people Tel was and the gulf between the style of the two shows is huge. The fact that the audience has grown is interesting because to a large extent it has also changed. If however Moyles was to get a shot at Steve Wright's show, the gulf would be significantly smaller and to be honest, he wasn't doing anything so subversive on Radio 1 that would be particularly out of place on R2 now. I've never been sure why he was so controversial - but then I remember Steve Wright being regarded as cutting edge and daring when he was on R1.

Personally I think Moyles would be awesome at the Drive show on R2 but there's no way I want Simon Mayo to leave. Mayo is a radio god.
By Topher
I agree with that completely - Moyles would be great on Drive, but I LOVE listening to Mayo so much, his show is brilliant. His interviews are second to none, he makes me want to listen even when I have no interest in the person being interviewed.
By Travis Bickle
Topher wrote:I agree with that completely - Moyles would be great on Drive, but I LOVE listening to Mayo so much, his show is brilliant. His interviews are second to none, he makes me want to listen even when I have no interest in the person being interviewed.

Same here, Simon Mayo is superb. I listened to him occasionally on Radio 1 and Five Live but for some reason was never won over by him, but now he is my favourite radio presenter bar none. I love the Kermode film show and his Drive show in pretty much equal measure.

Not sure that Moyles would fit in at Radio 2 - or any station for that matter. I don't think his heart is in radio and I don't particularly have any interest in hearing him on the radio again. If he does come back I would listen out of curiosity and would hope for the best, but I wouldn't have any great expectations.
By Nicola_Red
Moyles has had a couple of brief mentions on R1 today during the Academy panels/discussions they are broadcasting ahead of the Big Weekend. It's always lovely to hear his name mentioned as part of R1 history/folklore, but they do talk about him as if he's very much in the past. It makes me kind of nostalgic and sad at the same time...
By bmstinton93
Greg mentioned the other day that the most common question from fans used to be 'What's Chris Moyles really like?' and now its, 'What is Chris Moyles up to now?'
By James H
bmstinton93 wrote:Greg mentioned the other day that the most common question from fans used to be 'What's Chris Moyles really like?' and now its, 'What is Chris Moyles up to now?'

I like that Greg still puts Chris' "GOOD MORNIN' EVERYBODY" quote into the middle of Star Girl whenever he plays it.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]