The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
By swaddon1903
ritchie wrote:On the contrary I believe that picture adds a lot to the story... Remind you of anyone?

Mark Radcliffe's old radio partner Marc 'Lard' Riley.
By swaddon1903
A word from our friend Chris on Facebook:

"December has finally arrived and here I am. So, what's been happening..?
I've been busy doing stuff which has resulted in me not being on Twitter or Facebook. I'm even taking a 'holiday' from my YouTube videos whilst I refresh myself. (Is that even a phrase?)
Speaking of Twitter, I realised I have tweeted 9,999 times and my next tweet will be my 10,000 tweet! Now I wanna try and make it special, but don't know how just yet. The problem is that I can't explain this on Twitter and build up to it.. Cos my next tweet IS the 10,000th tweet, so I'm stuck in some kind of Twitter limbo. Maybe this means I can concentrate on Facebook instead, which is great cos I don't give it enough attention, and there are also less knob heads on here. (Notice I said Less .. There are knob heads everywhere!)
Today I'm off to help Phillip Schofield with his 24hr Live TV challenge for Text Santa. Look out for me later, can't say when. (Watch Loose Women!)
In the meantime have a lovely morning. Peace and Love!
Chris"
By neilt0
I wonder if he's given up?

Making those videos would have taken a significant amount of time, and they weren't really getting traction.
By neilt0
neilt0 wrote:I wonder if he's given up?

Making those videos would have taken a significant amount of time, and they weren't really getting traction.

Bazinga!

Posted on Chris' Facebook:

Been a while since I posted on my Facebook page. I feel Twitter is for throw away short tweets but Facebook can be for a whole lot more, well anything over 140 characters anyway.
So my YouTube video experiment was fun. But it takes up a lot of time as I was pretty much doing everything myself. It’s fun filming and editing and going through the comments, but it’s like a full time job and so far this year I don’t have the time to get back to it just yet. Contrary to popular belief I am actually quite busy with my life. Just cos I’m not on the radio anymore people think I’m doing nothing. I wish. I have been doing plenty and when the time is right, I will let everybody in on what I’ve been up to.
In the meantime I shall try and post more on here and show you the odd photo of happenings in my life.
Thanks for staying interested in me (Really not sure why!) and have a lovely Australia Day!
God Bless,
Chris
By G-Sizzle
I wonder if he regrets no striking while the iron was hot instead of seemingly taking a few years out of the public eye.

Surely his relevance is so low at this point that the best he can hope for are a few talking head gigs?
By swaddon1903
JayE wrote:So he'll go back to doing nothing now and slowly but surely become more and more irrelevant.

He says he's doing something, and he'll tell us what it is sometime.

The trouble for him is, nobody really cares any more.
By chrysostom
I reckon it'll be something with potential.

Let's just hope it's utilising his presenting skills, and not a sitcom.

Please don't be a sitcom.
By Fathomer
It's almost certainly a sitcom.

Or maybe a podcasting venture.

I can't believe he hasn't been asked yet by Radio 2 to fill in for Steve Wright/Graham Norton/Simon Mayo. Maybe he has and turned it down, but he would be an idiot if he did that.
By JayE
swaddon1903 wrote:
JayE wrote:So he'll go back to doing nothing now and slowly but surely become more and more irrelevant.

He says he's doing something, and he'll tell us what it is sometime.

The trouble for him is, nobody really cares any more.

Ah, so he did. That's what I get for just skim reading it.
By Yudster
Steve Wright is, sadly, no longer good on the radio. The Radio 2 afternoon slot would be perfect for Moyles. Chris Evans is too good on Breakfast to even think about giving up and Simon Mayo is a god on Drive but Steve Wright has had his day.
By James H
Yudster wrote:Steve Wright is, sadly, no longer good on the radio. The Radio 2 afternoon slot would be perfect for Moyles. Chris Evans is too good on Breakfast to even think about giving up and Simon Mayo is a god on Drive but Steve Wright has had his day.

Love the show Steve.

Moyles on Radio 2 would give me the push to finally switch, being 29 means I'm on the cusp of Radio 2 but not *quite* yet.
By Badger Mark
Yudster wrote:Steve Wright is, sadly, no longer good on the radio. The Radio 2 afternoon slot would be perfect for Moyles. Chris Evans is too good on Breakfast to even think about giving up and Simon Mayo is a god on Drive but Steve Wright has had his day.

So I've wondered for awhile now if Chris would ever really fit into the Radio 2 style. Assuming he were to take this slot would he have to significantly change his persona in order to fit with the significantly older audience? Or would it be safe to assume that so many of his previous listeners would just start listening he could be loud, brash and irreverent as he was on R1?.
By David
Chris mellowed a lot during breakfast.

Compare his first shows to his last shows.

He wouldn't need to get rid of his loud, brash and irreverent personality as he no longer has it.

But I have a gut feeling that we will never hear Chris on the radio again.
By Badger Mark
David wrote:Chris mellowed a lot during breakfast.

Compare his first shows to his last shows.

He wouldn't need to get rid of his loud, brash and irreverent personality as he no longer has it.

But I have a gut feeling that we will never hear Chris on the radio again.

You're right. Since I've only been listening to the old shows I forgot that he had mellowed out quite a bit by the time the show finished. I also agree that he's likely not going to be on the radio ever again.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]