The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
By BBQ
Possible shows he could host -
Chris Moyles replaces Charlie Brooker for the Weekly Wipe - no
Chris Moyles' Good News - no
Celebrity Juice - no

There's got to be something
By Nicola_Red
Penk. I seem to recall they've got beef from the past, but I forget what about.

ETA: from the features list in the archive section:

At home with the Penks (c1996)

Chris made sketches about what he imagined life would be like inside his fellow Capital FM DJ Steve Penk's house. Needless to say, Steve did not take kindly to this.
By ChrisBoyles
Yudster wrote:I think a fair bit of his accumulated "background wealth" was swallowed up repaying all that tax plus whatever else he was required to do - but yes, I'm sure you're right, he's probably got plenty. I still don't see any evidence that he isn't working though. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence and he is eminently employable - why wouldn't he be employed?

sorry but former a list celebs (and now current c-listers) like moyles don't 'do' background work. He's the front man. They never relegate themselves. He could have taken Commercial radio jobs by now bit is biding his time for radio 2 (Evans, Wright, but would probably start with a weekend gig first).

The videos are too tame. Too polite. Not offensive. Not funny. His former listeners here like them because a) they'll like anything moyles so it's not objective b) they have aged in years and humour like moyles seemingly has.

I do hope he goes back to radio. A hilarious show on Saturday like Jonathan Ross with Andy would be great.
By Yudster
ChrisBoyles wrote:.......sorry but former a list celebs (and now current c-listers) like moyles don't 'do' background work. He's the front man. They never relegate themselves.

You're SUCH a useful man to know.
By dimtimjim
Meow!

Go Yuds! :D
By Yudster
What?! 8O
By ChrisBoyles
Yudster wrote:
ChrisBoyles wrote:.......sorry but former a list celebs (and now current c-listers) like moyles don't 'do' background work. He's the front man. They never relegate themselves.

Takes one to know one
Why don't you go back to crying yourself to sleep while listening to shows from 10 years back?
Moyles listeners have grown up and moved on
Embarrassments such as yourself haven't
By Yudster
ChrisBoyles wrote:
Yudster wrote:

Takes one to know one
Why don't you go back to crying yourself to sleep while listening to shows from 10 years back?
Moyles listeners have grown up and moved on
Embarrassments such as yourself haven't

I haven't listened to any of the past shows, I never used to listen to the podcasts either. Not because I wouldn't like to - I just don't have the technology... :(
By swaddon1903
Number 5 is alive and available to watch now.

He goes through the list of verified people that follow him on Twitter. And that's about it.
By James H
swaddon1903 wrote:Number 5 is alive and available to watch now.

He goes through the list of verified people that follow him on Twitter. And that's about it.

Bit disappointing really.
By G-Sizzle
I do like the "legally different" song used at the start of the videos now, brought back brief memories of Moyles on the radio, as opposed to the "famous for being famous" type Moyles we have now.
By Dave in Philadelphia
Chris' now seems to be back on Facebook @Chrismoylesofficial, posting an hour ago...
I'm really curious what's in the works to spark his sudden dipping his toe back into the public realm.
By neilt0
Dave in Philadelphia wrote:Chris' now seems to be back on Facebook @Chrismoylesofficial, posting an hour ago...
I'm really curious what's in the works to spark his sudden dipping his toe back into the public realm.

He wants to bang girls on Tinder and he can't do that without Facebook.

Not a joke.
By Badger Mark
Dave in Philadelphia wrote:Chris' now seems to be back on Facebook @Chrismoylesofficial, posting an hour ago...

Yep - I just saw that post as well. So he's posting youtube videos apparently on a regular basis and he's going to try FB again. Suggests to me he's making a serious effort to get back out there in the public eye. I'm a little skeptical about the FB thing though. As he says in the post, this is his 3rd go around with it. Just have to wait and see what happens next.
By Dave in Philadelphia
Badger Mark wrote:Yep - I just saw that post as well. So he's posting youtube videos apparently on a regular basis and he's going to try FB again. Suggests to me he's making a serious effort to get back out there in the public eye. I'm a little skeptical about the FB thing though. As he says in the post, this is his 3rd go around with it. Just have to wait and see what happens next.

It wasn't too long ago he was all jazzed about MySpace on the RSS stream I'm currently listening to, Spring 2006.
It would seem there is a history of fits and starts with these things. Neilt0, to your point, he was very clear with MySpace he was only accepting "hotties" as friends, and that was during his time with Sophie...
By Badger Mark
I'm currently just finishing up the April 2006 shows. I thought all the MySpace segments from the first quarter of 2006 were kind of funny. Mostly because we all know how it wasn't long for MySpace to become almost completely ignored after awhile. So listening back to how they were going on about it struck me as a bit funny.
By doby

Honestly, I don't want to get my hopes up.

He always talked about how much he enjoyed making and editing videos in the latter years of the show and talked about ginger tims job with admiration. Seems to me it could just be a hobby he wants to share.

The Facebook thing is odd though I have to admit. Isn't that on the decline now..?

If he really wanted to get back in the publics conscious surely he would have done Strictly. I'm sure he still gets asked to take part.

Oh.. Just read on twitter...

@chrismoyles wrote:For those asking.. My meetings were about never doing radio EVER again. Signed, sealed and delivered..

(Still won't stop people asking..!)
By Yudster
I thought that was an interesting little tweet.
By ritchie
So what do we gleam from that?

He had 'meetings' to discuss not doing ANY radio? Ever?

If so - I am out!

The vids are okay, but - nothing like the saviour we know and love. Seems he has hit the same Chris Evans crescendo - awesome on BB and TFI - Lame as * on Radio 2.

Any thoughts?
By JayE
Ah who cares? He said a year ago that he isn't doing radio anymore so it's not even news to me. He'll probably continue this YouTube thing for a while but the views are horrible and the amount of times he plugs each video is horrendous, I unfollowed him yesterday because of that. The videos are okay but I honestly can't see myself watching many more of them.
By fatboydave73
Yudster wrote:I thought that was an interesting little tweet.

Double bluff? Remember; he doesn't do things by halves, and his tongue is always buried deep in his cheek.......

Something is obviously brewing !!

Tuesday show is up