Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Bruvva
Getting Falcao and Di Maria is like giving a patient a boob job when she needs a heart transplant.
By dimtimjim
Bruvva wrote:Getting Falcao and Di Maria is like giving a patient a boob job when she needs a heart transplant.

As in; of no real benefit, but better for all those on the outside..?

Sounds bob on to me (as far as Man U are concerned).
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote:Falcao is my Fantasy

Quote edit; still fun... :D
By Bruvva
chrysostom wrote:Happy with Welbeck coming in, but we've ONLY GOT 6 DEFENDERS.

I think you overpaid for him, he doesn't seem to be that prolific but you needed a striker and there was noone else around really so all in all not a bad bit of business.

*quick edit*

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand in what now seems traditional Arsenal fashion, Welbeck's injured.
By Bruvva
Wayne Rooney, * HELL he's shit.

And Hodgson out!
By The Deadly
Truly shocking. As bad as it sounds I want us to lose heavily on Monday as it might prompt Hodgson to resign. Utterly useless.
By Bruvva
Well, Switzerland are useful so with a bit of luck they will beat us. Sadly, that won't be the end of Hodgson, we're stuck with him until the end of this qualification period.

The thing with England is that while we might not have players to win the world cup, we have the players to play well : Oxlade Chamberlain is good, I quite like Welbeck (if only he could score more) and there are others. Our weakness is central midfield, Henderson is useful but not in a straight 4-4-2 which was the case last night.

In all honesty, I'd take an exciting 3-2 defeat over THAT last night.
By The Deadly
Hodgson is very good at making bad players play above their level. Look at Fulham, West Brom, Finland and Switzerland to demonstrate that. Look what happened at Liverpool when he managed good/excellent players, they went downhill. The England manager doesn't need to be a master tactician they need to be a master motivator and someone who can demonstrate some level of passion. Greg Dyke seems to be in love with Hodgson so I don't expect any changes regardless of how we play or results.
By Yudster
I think Colchester United should show some ambition at last and try to get the record for the highest number of managers in a single season. Alternatively they could maybe think in terms of aiming for something more than a lower-mid table finish...
By Bruvva
Well that was surprisingly competent from England last night.
By dimtimjim
Well, four games in and we're equal on points with Man U and Everton, and only 1 point behind Liverpool and Arsenal. Given our opening run of games, I'd never have believed you had you told me pre-season. Well chuffed, or, Well stoked (see what I did there?!) :D
By dimtimjim
Man U this weekend; easy points...
By dimtimjim
dimtimjim wrote:Man U this weekend; easy points...

Told ya. BOOM! 5-3..!
By dimtimjim
flyingbadger wrote:Honestly thought you were ripping the pish there timbo.
* hell!!!
Whit a result fir the mighty Leicester.
Enjoy yer night buddy.

Way-hey!! Didn't we do well!

By Bruvva
Well, that's what LVG gets for employing fantasy football tactics and only buying forwards. Funny, mind.

3rd/4th this season could turn out to be claimed by anyone, all the teams people think will be up there aren't exactly brilliant : United are defensively inept, Liverpool need to get shot of Gerrard, Arsenal are rapidly running out of defenders and neither Everton or Spurs look like being capable of taking advantage.
By Bruvva
chrysostom wrote:Wenger shoving Mourinho was so good. I want it to be my ringtone somehow.

To be honest, coming across as the bigger dick when arguing with Mourinho takes some doing.
By Bruvva
Well THIS ain't happening tomorrow night, I'll be amazed if it's not at least 4-0 to Real.

Lovely week of football, that though, the Sunday after saw a 4-1 win against those * at Old Trafford.