Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By dimtimjim
My girls last day in year 7 today... makes me feel old! :D
By dimtimjim
Making me laugh n smile a lot this weekend was Gino D'Acampo; can't go into too much detail, but I have a lot to thank this guy for..! :D
By Topher
Yes PM.

(Edit - Googled him).
By Topher
Yep, I remembered that when I looked him up - I do know lots of chefs now anyway, as Cat has introduced me to them, but I didn't remember him, certainly at first.

Edit: meta-hipster? I'm so far away from 'hipster' and 'trendy' that you wouldn't believe.
Last edited by Topher on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By dimtimjim
Ha ha! :lol: Well, I note you've made a certain assumption. Not saying its wrong, but...

A gentleman does not kiss n tell! 8)
By chrysostom
Finally got holiday dates confirmed from work - just need to find places to go! Any ideas guys?

We're looking for something around 3-4 days in Europe between 25th-31st August and then something for 7-12 nights further afield between 20th September - 4th October.

Budget is what I'd consider medium...
By Topher
Europe: go to Barcelona - we stopped their on our cruise for a day and we are both desperate to get back - it was my favourite overall stop, despite also going to Monaco (with all its Grand Prix history), you have the beach and the city and the Gaudi stuff is amazing. Otherwise, I had a stag do in Prague last year and although we didn't do much sight seeing, the city looked nice and I'd like to go back not on a stag do.

Further afield is really how far - long haul?
By Topher
Hmm, you're making me wish we'd taken the train or one of the excursions to Seville when we stopped in Cadiz - but it was a bit far / pricey anyway and Cadiz was nice.
By The Deadly
Seville isn't a thrill a minute kind of place if that's what you're after but it would make for a great relaxing long weekend away. Lovely buildings and scenery. Food is terrific too.
By Topher
Speak to Bonanzoid about Seville, he lived there for a while didn't he?
By dimtimjim
Love the new profile pic, Cat. You can be gangsta like me (and Snoop). :D
By dimtimjim
Lad who assaulted my mate Mr-Leaky-Brain-Juice is at it again and back staying at Her Majesty's pleasure on a porridge diet.

Bad news: he's put someone else through it all since being let back out on the street (and is this time being charged with assault AND kidnapping - FFS).

Good news: his recent court visits for violent crimes WILL be put to the jury this time round as character reference. Fingers crossed he's taken off the street this time...
By Topher
As some on here will know, I'm pretty liberal most of the time - but I think for violent crimes like that, 10 years+ should be a minimum for anyone convicted.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]