Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By dimtimjim
*Snort*

Quote edit, bestest fun ever.

love you badger! x
Glad my wedding is so hilarious! This doesn't happen on the wedding forum...*dramatic flounce*
By Nicola_Red
I was picturing it with a hair-flip. Except I've had to cut my hair so short to try to get most of the colour out before the wedding that I don't have enough to flip at the moment.
Nope, not yet :) At the moment my mum is working on making my bouquet and I'm in the process of getting a bunch of pieces of Scottish tablet ordered for our favours. Dress is still in progress. I still need shoes and some other accessories. Christmas is starting to loom large so I'm worried about how I'm gonna pay for everything, but you know, it'll work itself out.
By dimtimjim
Nicola_Red wrote: so I'm worried about how I'm gonna pay for everything

Get one of these.... :wink:

We got married yesterday at Gretna Green. In case anyone's still interested!
Belated congratulations from me!!
One way or another I managed to completely miss this thread, neither the time it was initially made nor the times it's been bumped coincided with the rare times I was active on here in the last couple of years or so. But I do kinda remember back during the brief period when I was regularly posting here(Summer 2012 I think) reading that you'd met someone and that it had a special feeling about it. Lovely to see how things have worked out!

Wishing you much happiness :)
Finally added a decent quality pic. I know, I know, it's old news now! But just in *case* anyone wanted to see it.
Thankyou :) We had a very small ceremony, 11 guests, all immediate family, meal at a restaurant afterwards, no big reception or anything. We had initially planned to have a party back in Manc afterwards but we didn't have the money and I was just burnt out from planning and couldn't be bothered. Even planning a tiny wedding is really, really hard work.
By Yudster
Congratulations Nic!

Nic, after all the discussion about what you were going to wear, what did you wear? Have you got a picture of you in your wedding dress?
Yes! i went relatively understated in the end, after trying many on and sending them all back, it's just from the high street. All the pics I like best turned out to be the ones that were taken outside, when it was mostly covered by my vintage fur coat. I have this one, which was taken by my aunt:

DevilsDuck wrote:Was it real fur?

Ha! Of course not. Any vegan considerations aside, I hate the feel of real fur. One of my aunts had a real fur jacket when I was a kid and I remember getting the job of taking the coats upstairs when they came round and the feel of it was just...urgh.

The jacket I'm wearing was very cheap from ebay, a couple of years ago, but I haven't worn it much as it's just never cold enough in this country anymore. A January wedding in Scotland was the perfect opportunity. I bought a beautiful 1960s silver handbag to match it, and silver Converse to change into after the ceremony (my red heels were not that high, but I still couldn't stay in them for more than a couple of hours, I'm rubbish at wearing heels in my old age).
Yeah, Gretna is beautiful. I think some people think that it's like a wedding conveyor belt but it really isn't. I couldn't have been any happier with our choice (although a part of me would have loved to go to Vegas, but we just couldn't afford it).

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]