Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By dimtimjim
Obviously can't say much, but being in court this week has been as farcical as it has irritating.
By Nicola_Red
LOADS of spam topics posted this morning. I don't log in much anymore so I don't always spot them. Quite surprised that spammers are still targeting such an inactive forum!

On the wedding planning forum I use the spambots tend to register and post fairly realistic-seeming replies in a couple of existing threads before creating threads surreptitiously advertising a bridal shop or something. Sometimes one will start a thread asking a question which another will conveniently answer by plugging whatever they've registered to plug. They are always in slightly broken English but seem to fool most users. I can't work out if the mods are daft or just don't care!
By chrysostom
UK theatre company Punch Drunk's 'The Drowned Man' show is finished, and I'm empty inside :(

For those who know nothing about it, it is an 'immersive theatre' performance in an abandoned London fire station. These are 8/9 storylines all going on at once, and you have to follow the character of your choice around for 3 hours.

I went 3 times and feel like I didn't go enough!
By The Deadly
Still can't shift my Eminem tickets even at face value. To make matters worse I'm going to have to beg someone to go with me should I not be able to sell them. Nobody I know remotely likes Eminem.
By Topher
Sell them at a loss, at least you'll get something back.
By The Deadly
I can't bring myself to make a loss. I'll just end up going probably, maybe find an easy girl to come with me and have a night in a hotel or something. I'll text my mum in a bit.
By Nicola_Red
chrysostom wrote:UK theatre company Punch Drunk's 'The Drowned Man' show is finished, and I'm empty inside :(

For those who know nothing about it, it is an 'immersive theatre' performance in an abandoned London fire station. These are 8/9 storylines all going on at once, and you have to follow the character of your choice around for 3 hours.

I went 3 times and feel like I didn't go enough!

I've sold for a few of their shows - they usually do something as part of the Manchester International Festival. The Crash of the Elysium was supposed to be amazing.
By Topher
The Deadly wrote:I can't bring myself to make a loss. I'll just end up going probably, maybe find an easy girl to come with me and have a night in a hotel or something. I'll text my mum in a bit.

That makes no sense - if you don't sell them you're making a 100% loss, whereas if you do sell them at a loss, you're only making a smaller loss.
By dimtimjim
Topher wrote:
The Deadly wrote:I can't bring myself to make a loss. I'll just end up going probably, maybe find an easy girl to come with me and have a night in a hotel or something. I'll text my mum in a bit.

That makes no sense - if you don't sell them you're making a 100% loss, whereas if you do sell them at a loss, you're only making a smaller loss.

Glad you said it - we were all thinking it! :wink:
By The Deadly
Well you'd all be wrong then. I will just go myself and I have a friend willing to come too so that's one ticket I'll get £80 for. I'll probably enjoy it when I'm there and in the moment. It would only be a 100% loss if I didn't sell them or didn't go myself.
By Nicola_Red
Agreed. The humidity is playing havoc with my fringe. I straighten it about 5 times a day and it still doesn't look right.

By dimtimjim
Agreed.

I gave up at around 11:00 and decided to go for a (2nd) shower; turned it on cold and just stood for 5 mins, try to get my core temperature down a bit...

Feel much better since.

Nicola_Red wrote:Agreed. The humidity is playing havoc with my minge.

I bet. Femfresh day... :wink:
By dimtimjim
flyingbadger wrote:*snigger*

Classic quote edit there Timbo.
The epitome of forum humour :)

/notsarcasm

Well... Y'know! :lol:
By Nicola_Red
If only I had a Zooey Deschanel gif relevant to the altered quote. Not that it would be suitable for posting here if I did...
By dimtimjim
In sad news. Sold my motorbike last night, am now bikeless for the first time in years... sad, but necessary.
By dimtimjim
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Consider that stolen! Thanks Badger!

Although, you shouldn't be taking the pi$$, emotional times afoot! :cry:
Last edited by dimtimjim on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]