Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By flyingbadger
Ah feck buddy, so sorry to hear that.
Some * dangerous shit them boys are doing for the love of the race.

RIP indeed. Or * the resting part. Go do a big * off wheelie instead.
WIP Karl Harris.
By dimtimjim
flyingbadger wrote:Ah feck buddy, so sorry to hear that.

Cheers dude.

flyingbadger wrote:Some * dangerous shit them boys are doing for the love of the race.

Yes, yes it is. You wouldn't get me doing it, crazy nutters; but it won't change. If they legislate the TT, where does it all end - its no worse than the risks of skydiving, basejumping and all other manor of newly invented ways for us to push ourselves. Everyone knows the risks before taking part.

Still bit in shock over it.
By Topher
Shit - I'm sorry to hear that Tim, hope you're okay-ish as you can be - at least, if there can be a positive, it's in the cliché that "he died doing what he loved", I guess.

I just came on to say that Rik Mayall has died at 56 - genuine oh no.
By dimtimjim
Loved Rik Mayall when I was younger, and his more recent performances on Man Down (C4).

As said, 56 is no age to expire naturally. RIP champ.
By Johnny 1989
Rik Mayall wad bloody brilliant IMO, thought he wad superb on The Young Ones, The New Statesman & Bottom, TNS been my favourite show of his, 56 really is no age, thank you Rik Mayall for all the laughs over the last 25 years, you will be sorely missed
By Topher
I couldn't believe it when I saw Robin Williams had died. So, so sad. Such a massive talent and so warm - so many stories have come out about his character since about how he touched people's lives in different ways.

Worth reposting this from Mind about the media reportage of it too:
(Link).
By The Deadly
I can't remember the last time I actually cared about a celebrity death as much. He was a massive part of my childhood.
By Yudster
I was ridiculously upset when I heard, it felt so personal. Genuinely like a friend had gone - ridiculous I know, but there it is. And then the next day my Hollywood Heroine lauren Bacall - bad week.
By Bruvva
Yeah, Robin Williams was sad BUT can people please stop it with the "if you feel suicidal, talk to us, we'll listen." I know from experience that you won't. So shut up.
By Yudster
My experience is that the last thing genuinely suicidal people are capable of doing is talking to anyone because if they could even contemplate that then its likely they'd be unable to do it. I'm convinced that if my first husband could have even thought about vocalising what he was going to do he would never have been able to go through with it.
By Comedy John
This is turning into a bad year with the amount of deaths.

Comedienne and TV host Joan Rivers died on 4th September aged 81.

American singer Simone Battle died on 5th September aged 25.

American professional wrestler Sean O'Haire died on 8th September aged 43.

Eastenders actor John Bardon died today aged 75.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]