Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By chrysostom
I'm with Nic here. Deciding to take your own life isn't an easy decision, and although I'm not saying 'you can't comment on it unless you've been through it' - I am saying that perhaps your thoughts may be ignorant of the subject matter. edit - not to mention there's been nothing to suggest suicide other than the phrase 'sudden & unexplained', with no drugs found or note.

Anyway, with her being younger than me it's really resonated (despite not really knowing much about her or her movements) & has took a lot of my peer group by surprise - especially young mothers. Certainly is an oh no for everyone involved.
By Topher
Deadly: I realise you said 'if', but:

1. You are still speculating and we know precisely nothing other than the fact that she's dead.
  2. I feel I've said this on multiple occasions before, so I think I'll quote from the last time I said it:
MK Chris wrote:
rustybike wrote:I think suicide is a very cowardly thing to do anyways... it's escaping from things you need to sort out/get through. Plus it causes a lot of pain for others...

I don't think it's as simple as that. You don't know what people are going through.. people who are ready to commit suicide (and I mean the people who actually do it, who (I believe) are generally not the same people as the ones who talk about doing it) are at such a low ebb they think they don't matter to anyone. They believe that their demise will be of no consequence to anyone and won't disrupt anyone's life. They think people are better off without them.

I'd be very careful of calling it a cowardly act in those circumstances.

MK Chris wrote:I am very lucky that I have absolutely no direct experience of this, but my impression of people who commit suicide has always been that firstly that they tend to be so good at hiding how they feel, even those closest to them often do not know that anything is wrong, even those closest to them couldn't imagine what they are about to do... and secondly that if they believe themselves to be a hindrance to their families and friends, then they're blinkered - they can't see that their passing will cause grief and suffering to their loved ones because they don't believe they are of any use to anyone. As I said I have no direct experience and could be totally wrong, but that is nearly always my impression.

MK Chris wrote:I've said my thoughts on this before, whilst making it clear I have no direct experience of it - but to call someone who commits suicide selfish is, in my opinion, ignorant beyond belief.
By dimtimjim
RIP Peaches - as should be the proper sentiment being banded about. Why the attack/defence regarding a speculative point of view (no offence Deadly, you are entitled to your opinion, but its baseless at this stage)...
By Topher
Indeed - 25 is a ridiculously, tragically young age.
By The Deadly
Wrestling legend the Ultimate Warrior has died aged 54. It's so bizarre, I'm still in New Orleans and saw him in a wrestling ring last night looking great and performing. Really strange feeling.
By The Deadly
It's going to end up being years of drug abuse combined with the rush of being on TV again being too much for him I think. He looked great when I saw him over the weekend.
By Nicola_Red
Sad to hear of the death of author Sue Townsend today. So many people of my generation loved the Adrian Mole books. RIP.
By DarroM
Saw that on the news when I was at work last night. Despite the fact the first few books were about teenage life growing up in the 80s (whereas I grew up in the 90s and early 2000s), I still loved it since I got the From Minor to Major book that contained the first 3 together for Christmas back in 1997 and have read every one up to this point. I believe there was another one due out this year.
By swaddon1903
Yes, she was working on a new one. I don't know whether she finished it or not. It was meant to come out last year, but she had to delay it because of her illness.
By dimtimjim
The Deadly wrote:It's going to end up being years of drug abuse combined with the rush of being on TV again being too much for him I think. He looked great when I saw him over the weekend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/27030936
By The Deadly
I hope his family allow a proper study on his heart to see if there was a definite link between the drugs he took in his prime to the heart disease. Could help deter people from taking performance enhancing drugs if a link is proven.
By Topher
The best deterrent against performance enhancing drugs is surely proper and robust testing and lifetime bans for the guilty.

But then this is wrestling, a sport in which taking performance enhancing drugs is even more ridiculous because IT'S NOT REAL.
By The Deadly
You're correct it isn't real which is why it's no longer considered a sport. It used to be back in it's hay day but these days they are far less protective of the perceived legitimacy of the competition.
By chrysostom
The Deadly wrote:You're correct it isn't real which is why it's no longer considered a sport. It used to be back in it's hay day but these days they are far less protective of the perceived legitimacy of the competition.

People who think that wrestling isn't as physically and technically demanding as some sports is just plain wrong.

If you don't get wrestling then fair enough, but it's easy to see why lots of people find it fun.
By Yudster
Given how clever, athletic and acrobatic wrestling is I never understand why it is presented in any way other than what it is. I really can't believe people actually find the fake stuff entertaining, all that posturing and posing and moronic arguing - that's the boring bit, the good stuff is what they can actually do.
By Topher
That is incredibly sad, it's not long since it was announced she had cancer.
By Nicola_Red
Just saw that HR Giger has died. RIP.
By dimtimjim
Doubt any of you will have heard of him, but bike racer Karl Harris has died at the TT.

I knew Karl, we've played x-box together. Fecking gutted. RIP dude.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]