Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Bruvva
Tasteless of them to print the picture but not of you to post it on the internet?
By Topher
Hmm.. point taken. 'Twas not meant as such and I thought as so many people had seen them it would be okay, but I do see where you're coming from - I'll remove.
By The Deadly
I don't think you should remove them. You're drawing attention to what a bunch of heartless wankers the Daily Mail are. It should be applauded.
By Topher
Well, the readership of all three papers, plus the Twitter followers of The World at One editor Nick Sutton (who posts the #tomorrowspaperstoday front pages) have seen them already - basically it's a picture of Mick Jagger apparently at the moment he'd discovered she died.
By dimtimjim
bit like the O.P. trial currently running in the news... Yes its shocking, and yes its newsworthy, but the way it all being dealt with in the media is pish.

"Wife commited suicide? Say cheeeeeeese!"

Wrong.
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, that's grim. I know lots of people who aren't interested in fashion hadn't heard of L'Wren Scott, (I had), but seeing any woman only identified as "wife/girlfriend of [famous successful man]" is not very nice. It reminded me a lot of the way many news reports didn't (and sometimes still don't) name Reeva Steenkamp, Oscar Pistorius' girlfriend. She wasn't famous at all in this country, but she was still a person in her own right with parents and other family, and deserved to be named.
By Topher
That's one of the funniest ones you've ever written Deadly.

The very sad thing is that (from my point of view) he will have never discovered he was so wrong.
By Topher
Fred Phelps doesn't deserve your grave dancing: let's forgive and forget his hate | Patrick Strudwick

http://gu.com/p/3nm8k

^^^ Good article.
By Badger Mark
Topher wrote:Fred Phelps doesn't deserve your grave dancing: let's forgive and forget his hate | Patrick Strudwick

http://gu.com/p/3nm8k

^^^ Good article.

No need to dance on his grave IMO, but he is beyond forgiveness. He is dirt plain and simple.
By dimtimjim
^^^^

Leg. End.
By Topher
Am I the only one who'd never heard of him until he died?
By dimtimjim
Doubtful you're the only one. Also highly depends on your music tastes, which I believe is how he may have skirted your radar.
By dimtimjim
You're 12. :D
By Misfit
The news broke in the time it took me to walk from work to home, thought my girlfriend was joking when she told me, as it hadn't come through on the news in the studios.
By The Deadly
If she committed suicide or took an overdose then she deserves no sympathy or outpouring of emotion. There's not a more selfish act I can think of than leaving your family to pick up the pieces.
By swaddon1903
It's far too early to speculate on how she died.

Some on the news say that she never got over the death of her mother, others were saying how thin she'd been looking lately.
By bmstinton93
Yes it probably is too early to speculate but I'll do it anyway. I kinda do agree with Deadly on this one, especially as she should know better considering what happened with her Mum. It does not take away how sad it is though, considering she is leaving 2 children behind.

Judging by her last twitter post on Sunday afternoon as well, which was a picture of her and her Mum it certainly shows what was on her mind, and may certainly go some way to explaining it. I'm sure it will all come out though. Very sad news.
By Nicola_Red
Those who can't find any sympathy for addicted or suicidal people should count themselves very lucky that they've never experienced that level of depression. It may seem unacceptable to leave such young babies behind, but if you're at the point where you're considering such courses of action, you're not in a rational frame of mind to start with. She was 25, have some heart.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]