The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By JayE
Holy Crap! Listening to the 16th June 2005 and Chris just ripped up a pair of tickets to see U2. Hilarious radio. They then turned out to be photocopies but Dom's reaction before he found out was hilarious.
By Nicola_Red
JayE wrote:Holy Crap! Listening to the 16th June 2005 and Chris just ripped up a pair of tickets to see U2. Hilarious radio. They then turned out to be photocopies but Dom's reaction before he found out was hilarious.

I was going to post "but don't you remember that happening at the time?" then I realised you'd have been about 5. Oops.
By dimtimjim
It was the 'dropped x-box' one which got me, years ago. Although not being an x-box fan (IQ above 36) I was suckered in by the novelty of having one before official release date, only for Dave to drop it.
By Misfit
dimtimjim wrote:It was the 'dropped x-box' one which got me, years ago. Although not being an x-box fan (IQ above 36) I was suckered in by the novelty of having one before official release date, only for Dave to drop it.

haha its the fact dave tries to explain but cant get a word in edgeways. all these are clipped in the soundvault if you want to listen again!
By JayE
Nicola_Red wrote:
JayE wrote:Holy Crap! Listening to the 16th June 2005 and Chris just ripped up a pair of tickets to see U2. Hilarious radio. They then turned out to be photocopies but Dom's reaction before he found out was hilarious.

I was going to post "but don't you remember that happening at the time?" then I realised you'd have been about 5. Oops.

I started listening to the show around 2006.
By neilt0
Ironically, when they were doing this, Jay's E could have been in on the bit without the use of the pitch changer:

By neilt0
I'm about to start listening to 2007 and thought it was about time to update my MP3 "album art". I like having a photo of the team, but so far, the best one I've come up with is this one:

I love this pic, but I think it's from a later year. Anyone know which year this is from?

Cheers!

Neil.
Wow, 2007, I'm still in October 2005. Patrick Keilty was just in and he was actually funny in 2005. It was Radio One's 38th anniversary that day, they were off on holiday the next two weeks and they played Dave's "Nick Knack Paddy Wok" game which was referenced in later years but I had never heard it. I liked Patrick well enough later but he never came across as a "comedian" and I didn't realize he did stand up until this show. He played very well in the mix that appearance.
By JayE
I just listened to July 27th 2005 with the Drew Barrymore interview. In Chris' book he made the interview out to be a terribly horrible experience but I genuinely didn't think it was that bad, it was very funny if anything.
By Badger Mark
JayE wrote:I just listened to July 27th 2005 with the Drew Barrymore interview. In Chris' book he made the interview out to be a terribly horrible experience but I genuinely didn't think it was that bad, it was very funny if anything.

I agree with you 100% on this. When I listened to it a few weeks ago, I did so expecting a complete train wreck of an interview. Although it had it's shaky parts at the beginning and right at the end, overall I thought it was pretty good.

I just finished the early September 2005 shows where they started the "Say No To Wogan" campaign. Decent shows for that entire week. I especially liked the bits where Dom impersonated Tim Westwood. Very funny.
By JayE
Badger Mark wrote:
JayE wrote:I just listened to July 27th 2005 with the Drew Barrymore interview. In Chris' book he made the interview out to be a terribly horrible experience but I genuinely didn't think it was that bad, it was very funny if anything.
I just finished the early September 2005 shows where they started the "Say No To Wogan" campaign.

The best stuff is still to come then by the looks of it :D
By DarroM
Seems I am ahead of most of you guys since I am currently on March 2008 and thus far, this year has been very entertaining with classics such as 'The Way you milk me Phil!' and the like. Patrick Kielty was on the show I listened to Friday night and was decent enough. He is definitely not one of the worst regulars to come on but not the best either.

Yeah, I listened to the Drew Barrymore a good while back now and I don't think it was as horrible as they made it out to be in later years. Looking forward to hearing what you guys think of the P Diddy interview since I think that was worse since it sounded like he was asleep half the time.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]