Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Badger Mark
JayE wrote:Since I've finished Breaking Bad now and to be honest it was the first show that's managed to grab my attention since Scrubs, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm up for trying anything new so any genre really.

Chuck is definitely a good suggestion. If you've not seen Fringe that's a great one for a sci-fi-genre show. A great show in the drama genre is Six Feet Under. Arguably has the best show finale ever produced in my opinion (of those that I've seen). 5 seasons in all. 12-13 episodes per season. Another show about death and dying that I really liked was Dead Like Me. Both funny and dramatic at the same time. Only 2 seasons plus a direct to DVD movie for that one.
By Bonanzoid
JayE wrote:Since I've finished Breaking Bad now and to be honest it was the first show that's managed to grab my attention since Scrubs, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm up for trying anything new so any genre really.

Bodger and Badger
By Nicola_Red

For a drama, Lost or Mad Men. Comedy, Modern Family or Better Off Ted (that's only two seasons though).
By flyingbadger
Bonanzoid wrote:

Bodger and Badger

Bodger is a * and I'll shall never be working with him again.

Unprofessional, arrogant, misogynistic and just plain *.

All those things he called me.

Bastard.
By Topher
He did give you mashed potato though.
By flyingbadger
He did smear on his bum-hole and make me eat it that way. Just to humiliate me.

Not that I gave a * because I do love me some mashed potato.

And crack.

HAHA.

Do you get it?

Like, bum crack!

HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHA

HAHA

Ahh...

It's great being me.
By dimtimjim
Ooh.... One of my work contact is called ***** hugging*, would that also cause Nic problems?!
By Topher
You won't know unless you put it on a different page, as 'hugging' is on this page multiple times and has probably blocked it anyway.
By flyingbadger
dimtimjim wrote:Ooh.... One of my work contact is called ***** hugging*, would that also cause Nic problems?!

*Tries sooo hard to think up an amusing first name*

/Fails
By dimtimjim
Ha! Knew you'd struggle to guess his first name, one of 5 letters, Scott...!
By Nicola_Red
flyingbadger wrote:I would love to take credit for that but it was either Nic or Mr Harris who changed it.
My hugging was stopping Nic from viewing the forum.

It wasn't me. I don't have those kind of permissions, sadly :(
By Bruvva

April the 19th! Hurrah. Sadly, it'll take BBC3 9 months to pick it up again like it did for the first series.
By Badger Mark
Bruvva wrote:

April the 19th! Hurrah. Sadly, it'll take BBC3 9 months to pick it up again like it did for the first series.

Looking forward to this even more than Game of Thrones. Really good show.
By chrysostom
It will be very different to Breaking Bad - much in the same way Frasier was different to Cheers. Presumably the focus will be on black humour. Certainly going to watch it when it's out.
By Johnny 1989
Law & Order UK was back last night, liked Ronnie's new sidekick in it, good that they went for a different type of sidekick this time.

Have to say been rather impressed with Bradley Walsh in this, if you told me he would be playing a DS in a serious crime show ten years ago I would have laughed as I couldn't see him do it, but I think he's proved people wrong.

Also finally caught up with How I Met Your Mother Series 8, another good series just Series 6 that seemed to be off (the again the Zoey character was bloody annoying), it's a shame that the series is coming to an end in some respects but having now seen Series 8 you can tell it's the right time to go now.

Wonder what the next big American comedy will be to make it over here, Big Bang Theory can only have three more series of most to go surely?

Oh by the way hello everyone how we all been :)
By bmstinton93
Johnny 1989 wrote:Also finally caught up with How I Met Your Mother Series 8, another good series just Series 6 that seemed to be off (the again the Zoey character was bloody annoying), it's a shame that the series is coming to an end in some respects but having now seen Series 8 you can tell it's the right time to go now.

I'd give up now if I were you, Season 9 is bloody awful.
By Johnny 1989
bmstinton93 wrote:
Johnny 1989 wrote:Also finally caught up with How I Met Your Mother Series 8, another good series just Series 6 that seemed to be off (the again the Zoey character was bloody annoying), it's a shame that the series is coming to an end in some respects but having now seen Series 8 you can tell it's the right time to go now.

I'd give up now if I were you, Season 9 is bloody awful.

Wow really, Series 6 was poor but Series 7 & 8 were back on form, shame to hear Series 9 is poor though, perhaps Segal wasn't wrong to turn it down at first, oh well it can't be that bad surely, I heard some of the episodes are good from Series 9 but then again that could be the hardcore fan base been blind to it's faults.
By bmstinton93
There are a couple of good episodes but the season is not helped by the fact that all 24 episodes take place over a 3 day weekend. Bit of overkill in my opinion.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]