Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By JayE
Don't really want to start a brand new thread for this so I'll just post it here.. Does anyone know where I can download Chris's first Parody Album "The Parody Album" legally. I bought it from iTunes last year and then my laptop crashed and I lost it for some reason, and now it has been removed from iTunes so I can't get it again off there.
By MadTheEddos
I've always rated Billie Joe Armstrong highly as a musician, and that album is promising to be awesome.

Saw the Lily Allen video last night, and love it too. She's looking hot.
By MadTheEddos
Personally, these last few days I've been rediscovering my passion for the Chili Peppers. Blood Sugar Sex Magik has been getting played pretty heavily.
By Bonanzoid
I've been living in the 80s of late, courtesy of my Dad's taste in music. The album this is from is bloody brilliant though.

By Badger Mark
Bonanzoid wrote:I've been living in the 80s of late, courtesy of my Dad's taste in music. The album this is from is bloody brilliant though.

so have you had a chance to listen to Sara Cox' Sounds of the 80's show on R2?
By The Deadly
Bonanzoid wrote:I've been living in the 80s of late, courtesy of my Dad's taste in music. The album this is from is bloody brilliant though.

Stepping Out is one of my all time favourite songs. Not sure if its on that album or not.
By Yudster

I have that on vinyl. The Band Wore Blue Shirts is beautiful.
By Badger Mark
Looking forward to her new EP being released in a couple of days.

By bmstinton93
All Lostprophets music removed from sale by HMV. I'm not sure I agree with this as a huge music fan.

Thoughts?
By The Deadly
bmstinton93 wrote:All Lostprophets music removed from sale by HMV. I'm not sure I agree with this as a huge music fan.

Thoughts?

You're not sure about HMV stopping someone who has admitted to attempting to rape babies receiving royalties from any potential record sales? Wow, just wow.
By chrysostom
Good luck creating a case to forcefully take away his estate profiting from material which he's legally entitled to. Just because you're an awful person, it doesn't mean you suddenly relinquish the right to your (legally obtained) property & money. Purchasing implies providing royalties to his estate.

HMV chooses which products they sell, and which they don't. If people want Lostprophets music, they can get it from somewhere. Who knows, they may choose to restock it at another point in time - but right now it's something people don't really want to see, let alone buy.

It may be unfair that the other members of the band will lose out, but that's the fault of Watkins.
By The Deadly
I'm hoping the remaining members of the band who aren't disgusting paedophiles might be able to sue Ian Watkins for loss of earnings due to the damage his crimes will have on their future career prospects.
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote:All Lostprophets music removed from sale by HMV.

Good. Filthy scum bag. Hanging is too good...

Surely, now, listening to a Lostprophets album is akin to wearing a 'Saville' mask or waltzing around with a Hitler 'tache..?! S'just bad taste.

Poor comment Benji, very poor comment.
By chrysostom
Hmm, the 2 examples you mention are literally mocking yourself up as the monster - whereas the music isn't 100% representative of Watkins' actions through a striking single icon.

It would be more akin to whether it's appropriate to enjoy the art of a mass killer/bad person.
By Nicola_Red
I agree with Ben that they shouldn't stop selling the CDs. I'm not suggesting they should have them out on displays or advertise them, but people should be able to buy them if they want to - although goodness knows why they would. Of course his estate will still receive the money, and depending on his prison sentence, he'll probably be able to spend that money one day - although he was reported to be on suicide watch at one time (feeling guilty, by ANY CHANCE?) - and people who want to buy the music should be aware of that. But they should still have the choice. In theory, I don't think the actions of the artist should affect the art - but in practice, the one Lostprophets CD I owned has gone in the bin.
By The Deadly
What if some of the songs were about his sick crimes though? There's no guarantee he didn't write about it. His "art" could be related directly to his crimes.
By Badger Mark
The Deadly wrote:What if some of the songs were about his sick crimes though? There's no guarantee he didn't write about it. His "art" could be related directly to his crimes.

I would imagine people, whether they're fans or not, might start going back to all of his songs and looking for lyrics that could be interpreted along those lines.
By Nicola_Red
I've already seen comments about the video for A Town Called Hypocrisy, yeah. But I can't think of any of their songs that sound like they're remotely about paedophilia. Not that I plan to re-listen to look for it.
By neilt0
Reading the story about Ian Watkins made me physically sick. I never thought H from Steps could be so evil!

Back to seriousness, GCHQ were enlisted to crack the password on the other Watkins' laptop. It turned out to be "If***kids" (not a joke). Hanging's too good for him.
By bmstinton93
Not being a huge fan of Lostprophets it's kind of hard to say how I feel about the music but I honestly feel like if something like this happened with one of the bands I massively loved that I would still listen to the music. I would probably see it in a different light though. Nice to see one person agrees with me though...
By Bonanzoid
I also agree with Ben, mainly because that sick *'s bandmates will also suffer the financial pinch and that's unfair on them. That's assuming they were clueless about it. People will still like the band's music (it wasn't bad) so why punish the innocent too?

After someone pointed out that the Hypocrisy video was creepy as baws now, I went to Youtube to check it out as I couldn't remember it. Guess which song I was then singing to myself without realising? INAPPROPRIATE!
By Topher
I read a truly upsetting passage in the paper the other day that said that these women were Lostprophets fans and that they abused their babies and made them available for abuse by him at his behest. I simply don't have words for people like him - it is beyond comprehension, beyond awful. It doesn't, as some have suggested, turn me in favour of capital punishment, but clearly he should never be allowed out of prison. As for banning the sale of his records, it sits a little uneasily with me - if HMV decide they don't want to stock them, that's a decision for them and one that it's hard to be critical of, but I would suggest that most people won't be buying them any more anyway. I certainly won't be playing the two albums I own somewhere ever again, it wouldn't feel right.

I hear what people are saying about feeling sorry for the band mates, but I'm sure if they are decent people, they will understand why people are likely to take that stance. There is no suggestion, as far as I know, that they knew anything and there's nothing stopping them starting a new band individually or together.

As a side note, does anyone know if Gary Glitter is actually in prison at the moment?

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]