Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Yudster
I love Clare Balding.
charlalottie wrote:Why on earth was he visiting a school? That seems really odd.

Our music teacher Mr Jackson was quite a big name in the world of composing and was very well connected with people in the industry. Quite often small time celebrities would come in to talk to us about their lives or to do a bit of teaching. In this instance Lionel gave a talk to the school in assembley and I believe he did some work with the school dance group. I don't remember a great deal but I remember him doing a little tap dance in assembley.
Chris wrote:My mother in law doesn't know who Lionel Richie is.

LIONEL * RICHIE.

That's very odd. I always think of him of prime mother/mother-in-law material. My mum is definitely a fan.
Nicola_Red wrote:
Chris wrote:My mother in law doesn't know who Lionel Richie is.

LIONEL * RICHIE.

That's very odd. I always think of him of prime mother/mother-in-law material. My mum is definitely a fan.

Would you say that on some occasions she'd listen to his music all night long?
By Nicola_Red
JayE wrote:Who's Lionel Richie?

You have an excuse for not knowing though, you're young. Anyone who was alive in the 80s (or even into 1992 which was his last top 10 hit) has no such excuse.
Spotted Rockaoke on Horizon (of all things) last night and it made me wonder about enquiring after them for the reception :)
By Nicola_Red
No, not happened yet - early next year. And planning is going well - we have the venue, minister and hotel booked, I have my jewellery, bag, heart shaped umbrella for the pics in case it rains, invitations printed, cards for our mums, and I'm currently on the dress hunt :)
By dimtimjim
Nicola_Red wrote: and I'm currently on the dress hunt

Does anyone know the origin of that pic? I saw it posted here at least 8 years ago, but have never seen it credited. I suspect it may be a fake (ie not a real wedding, or maybe but probably less likely a photoshop).

This however did amuse me the other day:

By dimtimjim
Nicola_Red wrote:Does anyone know the origin of that pic?

meh...? who cares...

fake or not, I'm sure if you took the pic to a favourable dress-maker, they could mock one up for you...? Jus' sayin, like. :wink:
Well, I'll be 40, getting married in Scotland, in winter, by a vicar, and with my father, brother and uncle in attendance. So yeah, I'm thinking maybe not.