Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
Boboff wrote:Drink lots of water, reduce your salt intake.

Seriously, if your piss is even tinged with yellow in the morning or after exercise you arn't drinking enough water.....

The way I am eating at the moment is naturally diuretic so I'm losing electrolytes at a higher rate than most people, so I have been advised to ensure my salt intake is decent, to the extent that I am recommended to add soy sauce to my stir fries....its hell I tell you!

Obviously I have to drink lots of water too.
I'm honestly jealous. Running is the only exercise I've ever enjoyed doing and my stupid hip just won't let me at the moment. Stupid arthritis.
charlalottie wrote:Would you like my hip?

I would love to do a swap. Now we just need a backstreet surgeon with a rusty saw and we're good to go!
Still feeling much better all round, and the added bonus is I've lost 13lb.
Its slowed down already though. Still, it wasn't the primary reason for the change in eating habits so its still a happy bonus! I am going to try to find a way to go swimming and to the gym two or three times a week if I can, that should mean I can keep on benefitting in weight loss terms with what I am doing anyway for my blood sugar and cholesterol.
Yudster wrote:Still feeling much better all round, and the added bonus is I've lost 13lb.

:) Well done. I look forward to the next time I see you naked... :wink: x
I have now lost 19lb. Bearing in mind that apart from getting off the bus a stop early in the mornings and making sure I push hard walking up the hill t the bus stop on the way back I haven't added any extra exercise in yet, I'm quite pleased.
I bet you are! Well done. Good to see how something so simple can make a noticeable difference. Kudos.

On this subject, I've now booked to go on a weekends cycling/camping in a few weeks around the Peak District, which should be a great weekend's exercise. Kinda dreading it (legs, but mainly ass - will be a lot of saddle time, ooft) but also really excited about it.

Plus, I camp in style. Tent, equipped with fridge, stereo, laptop, 23" tv and PS3, all the essentials! :)
And if you are camping around the Peak District, presumably that means moving from one place to another - you planning to get all that in a backpack?!
Badger ain't far off! :)

Lottie, you should have a PS3 with you where ever you go. Doesn't everyone do that? :wink:

And no Yuds, we will have a base camp, and all stealables will be locked inside my car while we're out on a day's riding. Even the fridge (cable running out car window so beer is still chilled for our return).
That's not camping.
Yudster wrote:That's not camping.

So having a fridge and a tv in a tent makes it not camping?! It is, it's just camping in style! I'll be treating myself to an air bed too, does that qualify as a camping item?! :)
I think Yudster is right, it's not camping... but I would prefer to do what you're doing because proper camping doesn't appeal to me in any way, shape or form.
I shall be sleeping under canvass and showering in cold water - trust me, it's camping! Some of us are delicate flowers who need our creature comforts :wink:
22lb down. About half way I reckon!
If I want to make inroads into the next 20 or 30lb I will need to factor in some more regular and intense exercise. Not sure how or when I am going to achieve this, but I need to do it.
Yudster wrote:I will need to factor in some more regular and intense exercise..

You know my number... :wink: