Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By The Deadly
Good job Wigan. Man City weren't really interested and deserved what they got. Besides Vincent Kompany the whole lot of them should be sent packing.
By Bruvva
Why? It's not like Wigan are anything approaching a traditional footballing town, their first love there is rugby league. They average an attendance of just over 19,000 when the capacity is 25,000. Not that I want to see them go down, I don't care one way or another but their relegation won't exactly be a dent in the Premiership.
By chrysostom
Because I like Wigan's team, and I like Roberto Martinez.

I've posted about my disdain for the fans before - they're just a team that I like.
By Bruvva
Fair enough, my opinion of Wigan will always be coloured by the Rugby League team.

More importantly, who'll be Everton's new manager?
By Yudster
I have a soft spot for Wigan too, I'm sorry that they will almost certainly now be relegated. Roberto Martinez has a lot to do with why I like them too. Everton could do a lot worse than pounce on him now.

I want to know what Robbie Cowling and the board at Colchester are going to do about the shambles at our club. We clearly need a decent manager and Cowling needs to accept that being in the black is nice, but not necessary for a football team, and that he needs to spend some money. If he isn't willing to do that then he needs to get out of football. Except that no one else would take the club on so we're stuck with him titting about and pretending to be taking it seriously.
By chrysostom
Probably going straight to Real Madrid - and it'd be a great appointment. If Chelsea lose out on Mourinho, then they should look at him too.
By Yudster
If Mourinho doesn't go to Chelsea,then where IS he going to go? Has anyone linked him the the City job yet?
By Yudster
Yes, he hasn't had a lot of love from anyone in Madrid really.

If he goes to Chelsea, what's the betting that Ronaldo go with him?
By chrysostom
I think that Ronaldo will stay at Real until the end of his contract and then sign a final massive payday. He's got 2 years left and won't sign a new one - not to mention that he celebrated his last goal by thumping the badge and screaming 'I'm staying here'.

Mancini will be extremely hot property now, and it's a shame that he's been treated harshly at City as I quite like him.
By Bruvva
As someone funnier than me said yesterday, "Its a good job Chelsea won last night. John Terry would have looked an even bigger * lifting the trophy in a Benfica kit."

Also, the manager was an ex-Liverpool manager, the first goal scorer was an ex-Liverpool striker and the second goal scorer was bitten by a Liverpool player. So, CLEARLY, it's really Liverpool's trophy...
By Yudster
I'm pleased for Chelsea but I would have liked Lampard to have scored.
By Bruvva
Can't abide Lampard as a player these days, he was the reason Chelsea's midfield was being completely overrun in that match - he just strolls about doing nothing until the ball breaks to him near the penalty area.

His main virtue is that he isn't John Terry.
By Bonanzoid
I'm glad Rafa's regained a lot of pride since taking over, it's still a shame he went to Chelski. They don't deserve him.
By chrysostom
Bonanzoid wrote:They don't deserve him.

You're right, he's a tactical genius who has shown great vision in player recruitment, financial control, consistency and dignity. One of the great managers of our time.

By flyingbadger
chrysostom wrote:
Bonanzoid wrote:They don't deserve him.

You're right, he's a tactical genius who has shown great vision in player recruitment, financial control, consistency and dignity. One of the great managers of our time.

Lols baws.

Love that Mr Stom.

*Applauds*
By HA94
Beckham retiring at the end of the season. Thought he had another season or so left in him.
By The Deadly
Great job by Yeovil getting promoted to the Championship. A shining example to small clubs everywhere that big things can be achieved.
By Bonanzoid
St. Johnstone qualified for the Europa League for the 2nd season running by snatching third on the final day. Chuffed as baws.
By Wykey
Bonanzoid wrote:Well, as a Liverpool fan I'm obviously going to be biased.

Despite most of the things wrong with the club being his fault?

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]