Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Yudster
Bruvva wrote:
Yudster wrote:I have nothing against Villa but I find myself gleeful at their plight - purely because Paul Lambert is a *.

Indeed, how DARE he go to a club that offered him a bigger wage packet. Wouldn't get any of us abandoning our jobs if another company offered to increase our wages. :)

I don't care where he works or how much he gets paid - when he was here, we knew him (Mr Y works for the owner of Col U which is how that happened) and he is a *.
By The Deadly
He did stitch Colchester up to be fair. He obviously can't spell loyalty let alone display it. His management of Aston Villa is laughable.
By dimtimjim
Yudster wrote: *.

Love it when you talk dirty... Hubba.
By Bruvva
Yudster wrote:
Bruvva wrote:
Yudster wrote:I have nothing against Villa but I find myself gleeful at their plight - purely because Paul Lambert is a *.

Indeed, how DARE he go to a club that offered him a bigger wage packet. Wouldn't get any of us abandoning our jobs if another company offered to increase our wages. :)

I don't care where he works or how much he gets paid - when he was here, we knew him (Mr Y works for the owner of Col U which is how that happened) and he is a *.

You can't just leave it at that! Surely there are tales of him abusing ball boys or something? Not THAT kind of abuse before anyone gets all shocked.

Only manager I ever met was Jan Molby when he was at Kidderminster, never seen a man sink a pint so quickly.
By Boboff
dimtimjim wrote:
Yudster wrote: *.

Love it when you talk dirty... Hubba.

Indeed I don't recall in the 7 or so years of seeing Yuds post, her use that word, I take it from that that he is a very undesirable person indeed.

Oh and it did give me a twinge too! :D
By bmstinton93
What a true gent he is. I am a little bit in love with him. I heard Gary Neville saying earlier on sky sports news about how Beckham plays because he loves football and not for the money and I never doubted him.
By The Deadly
Beckham is a footballing hero of mine. He was never the best at one particular thing but always tried his best in whatever shirt he wore.

On another note Darren Bent is at the Madjeski Stadium. Hope we don't sign him, we don't need another striker. I hope we can hijack the Jack Butland to Stoke move.
By The Deadly
There is a lot of buzz surrounding Jose Reina and Arsenal. Turns out the same people who represent Victor Valdes also represent Jose Reina and were at Arsenal's training ground earlier today. Everyone assumed it was for Valdes.
By Longview01
Wow...we were actually half decent tonight
By Bruvva
Carragher retiring...This makes me sad and feel quite old. One of the last of a dying breed, players who spend their entire career at one club.
By Yudster
He clearly valued his kneecaps.
By chrysostom
There was never a team who were bigger than Liverpool who wanted him - and he never kicked up a fuss when he was on the bench. Nice guy, at his peak he was a great commanding center back. Hope he goes into management so we can continue to take the piss.
By Yudster
The word Stalwart comes to mind when I think of Carragher.
By DevilsDuck
He wasnt a great player, but did the job well-ish. He was at his best playing with Hypia
By Bruvva
And, let's not forget, his brother shagged John Terry's mum.

I think the whole "making up for lack of talent in determination" is doing him a huge disservice, you don't have a career as long as his or win as many medals (European cup, UEFA Cup, League Cup, FA Cup) without being, frankly, bloody good. Look back at the extra time in the 2005 CL final, he's absolutely immense.

Ah dammit, now I'm getting all nostalgic about a defence that didn't let in 2 goals a game!
By chrysostom
Djimi Traore won the Champions league FA cup, League cup and Ligue 1. Not to mention Christian Karembeu who was rubbish, yet won a world cup, a European championship, 2 champions league winner's medals and then some!

edit. *chuckle* Only Andy Cole (11) and Thierry Henry (8) have scored more goals against Liverpool FC than Jamie Carragher (7)
By The Deadly
Bruce Grobbelaar won almost every club competition under the sun and was essentially a clown. Winning things doesn't automatically make you a great player. Carragher isn't a bad defender by any means but he never made it at international level and lacks the all round playing ability a modern day footballer needs. He's good but not great.
By Bruvva
chrysostom wrote:Djimi Traore won the Champions league FA cup, League cup and Ligue 1. Not to mention Christian Karembeu who was rubbish, yet won a world cup, a European championship, 2 champions league winner's medals and then some!

edit. *chuckle* Only Andy Cole (11) and Thierry Henry (8) have scored more goals against Liverpool FC than Jamie Carragher (7)

Oh yeah, his own goal exploits. Seem to remember he scored two for the mancs in a game THEY won 3-2 which was mildly galling...Think he did something similar for Spurs once as well.

And, you git, I'd all but forgotten about the legend that is Djimi - THIS was his most amusing moment in a liverpool shirt

By Bonanzoid
This is a reasonably good article on Carragher.

I'm in 2 minds over his retirement. As a person he's still important to the club, but as a player not so much. That said, his performances of late have been better than those of last season when he was truly shocking at times. The man can barely run, but he's an astute player. The young defenders coming through will be learning a lot from him. Apparently there aren't any plans to get him involved in coaching at Liverpool which I think is a bit of a shame, he'd be good at that I reckon. I think his son is in the academy too so he'll still be involved with the club.

He'll be a loss for the club, just perhaps not on the pitch.
By Longview01
I never forgave Carragher for that crap he wrote about England,

F**k him

Editing gap to come for a few days.