The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Johnny 1989
ianpwilliams wrote:Unfortunately I don't. All I know is I commented on it when I posted the edited show, if you want to look back over the hundreds of pages of the Radio Archive Discussion thread :-P

Bugger, ah ok then, was it an afternoon show can you remember or was it when she filled in several times for Dom back in 2005?
By ollyh
Stickyshocker wrote:Just wondering if we will get to hear the show where Chris didn't turn up and jk and Joel had to stand it I recall it was may 2005 im sure?

22nd May 2006 I think you mean, it was the morning after Leeds had just lost the playoff final in Cardiff and I remember it well cause it was my team Watford who beat them, I haven't listened to all of it back yet but I don't think Chris actually appeared on the show until at least an hour into the show on the phone as I think he was still in Cardiff!
By Johnny 1989
Misfit wrote:http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/soundvault.php?fileid=1448

the event is mentioned here in an amazing clip!

"I WAS YOUNG AND IMMATURE"
"SHE WAS DRUNK AND A LISTENER!!!"

Ah the infamous tale for many years (it's mentioned on the 2nd August 2002 show where Chris is having a rant that they aren't in Ibiza but Georgina and Newsbeat are :lol: ), thanks for the link :smile:

neilt0 wrote:It was odd hearing about Olympics preparations in the news. TCMS (a.m.) has been on for 3 Olympics. Mad.

Badger Mark wrote:
neilt0 wrote:It was odd hearing about Olympics preparations in the news. TCMS (a.m.) has been on for 3 Olympics. Mad.

I'm finding the old news stories to be interesting. Really places the shows in time. And odd to think back where I was in my life at the time.

When I used to edit my old afternoon shows I always kept the Newsbeat bulletins in for nostalgic reasons, in one of the 1999 shows Robin Cook is the home secretary and Yugoslavia is still a country!

madz793 wrote:Has Dom ever had hair? Ha

Funnily enough before I saw a picture of him I imagined he'd look a bit like a young Gordon Burns :lol:

Deadly wrote:I am loving the old shows. I'm keeping a check list on stuff that Chris wouldn't get away with in this day and age.

As I mentioned in anothet thread, the Afternoon shows were eveb more controversial, over the course of several shows Lizzie is call a dizzy/dippy tart, mardy/lazy cow, slut and slapper, Chris proudly announces he has had sex for the first time in ages, Dave & his then fiancees bedroom activities get discussed on air, Will's love life does as does the size of Dave's genetals, imagine if they had said all that on air come 2012 :lol:

neilt0 wrote:
Badger Mark wrote:Listened to the Wednesday Jan. 7 show. I realized what I was missing from the early car park catchphrase games. No "bum bums" from Dom, et al. Did they start happening early on or was that a late addition?

Yes, it took a while to get Dom and Dave bumming. Aled was never really in to it for some reason.

Fnaar fnaar, whoop whoop, etc.

chrysostom wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shattered_(2004_TV_series)

I kind of remember it. I'm enjoying the football updates, as it's the year that Arsenal didn't lose a single game in the league (and the last time we won the league).

Oh happy days :)

neilt0 wrote:I strongly recommend you pull the feed from the iTunes Store. Whether you keep the manual RSS feed is up to you, but being in the iTunes podcast section is too visible.

And yes, I have been confided in by someone from the BBC.

---------------
Sent from my iPhone.

Yeah Chris has mentioned in the annoyed thread thatbhe has removed it for the good of the site so fair enough :)
By ianpwilliams
Johnny 1989 wrote:
ianpwilliams wrote:Unfortunately I don't. All I know is I commented on it when I posted the edited show, if you want to look back over the hundreds of pages of the Radio Archive Discussion thread :-P

Bugger, ah ok then, was it an afternoon show can you remember or was it when she filled in several times for Dom back in 2005?

No it was a 2005 breakfast show. You can find news items about it you Google "Moyles Georgina Bowman slut", although none of them mention which specific show it was
By Nicola_Red
If you use the search function at the top of the page you should be able to find where Ian originally referenced it in the archive discussion thread.
By Nicola_Red
ianpwilliams wrote:Problem is I don't think I mentioned her name at the time...

Oh. Yeah, if you just search for 'slut' you'll just get a load of references to me ;)
By jamiec21
Subject to an Ofcom investigation at the time...

The Chris Moyles Show
BBC Radio 1, 18 November 2005, 08:30

Introduction

Chris Moyles, during his breakfast show, handed over the presentation to a female news presenter. During the handover he referred to the presenter as a “slut” and then went on to make other comments about her as he attempted to defend his comment. Four listeners complained that this was offensive.

Response

The BBC said that it regretted the offence to these listeners. It said that barbed banter was a trademark of the presenter and his show. He was himself often on the receiving end of personal comments from other members of the team and this was part of the light-hearted atmosphere that the team sought to create. The exchange between Chris Moyles and the news presenter was the culmination of a fortnight of backchat, in the course of which she had shown herself well able to respond firmly. On this occasion, other members of the team spoke up in her defence, and Chris Moyles included an element of apology in his later comments.

Even so, the Executive Producer and Head of Department both had conversations with the presenter subsequently, and reminded him of the need to avoid comments which risk causing listeners more offence than amusement.

Decision

Banter between studio team members is a key part of this show and usually clearly comes across as good-humoured. However, care should be taken to avoid language and comments that might cause even regular listeners offence. In view of the BBC ’s apology and the reminder to the presenter, we consider the matter resolved.

Complaints resolved
By Tunster
Just listening to todays replay... "Let's get fit and get dancing" clip from Jade Goody is hilarious. CM didn't take long to get into the breakfast show groove.
By neilt0
Tunster wrote:Just listening to todays replay... "Let's get fit and get dancing" clip from Jade Goody is hilarious. CM didn't take long to get into the breakfast show groove.

Over the weekend, I listened to Jan 12-16, 2004 and it was all hilarious! #Banter
By Nicola_Red
Was Dom doing his Jade Goody impression at this point? I'm behind on the replays.
By Tunster
neilt0 wrote:
Tunster wrote:Just listening to todays replay... "Let's get fit and get dancing" clip from Jade Goody is hilarious. CM didn't take long to get into the breakfast show groove.

Over the weekend, I listened to Jan 12-16, 2004 and it was all hilarious! #Banter

I kind of remember it was a running joke for a while! Thanks for the warning :D

Nic, I don't think so on the first show on 12th (still listening at the mo). And the music! Amazingly different to now. Crazy how 8 years has reshaped pop music.
By Tunster
neilt0 wrote:In 2004, Chris was doing 70s references, let alone 80s and 90s references. #OutOfTarget

Again, parents of 15 - 25 year olds would get the 70s references and make discussion starters. #biggerscopeforabreakfastshow
By Nicola_Red
When editing a show from I think 2006, I heard Dom do his Jade Goody and was startled to realise it's what is now his Fake Adele. It's exactly the same voice!
By neilt0
Nicola_Red wrote:When editing a show from I think 2006, I heard Dom do his Jade Goody and was startled to realise it's what is now his Fake Adele. It's exactly the same voice!

Let's Get Fit and Set Fire to the Rain!
By Nicola_Red
Exactly! I s'pose after she inconveniently died he had to find a new use for that voice :) Actually after the live show ended on Thursday he did a bit of Fake Adele for us from behind the curtain. It was very funny. I think in my extreme state of tiredness I forgot things, and they're still coming back to me!
By Latina
Tunster wrote:Heard a mention of James King! Blast from the past. Where on earth did he go?

He only stopped being Radio 1's film critic last year (or was it earlier this year?) and Rhianna - whose surname I don't know - replaced him. I just tried googling her to find out more about her, but with that name it's proving impossible.
By Tunster
Latina wrote:
Tunster wrote:Heard a mention of James King! Blast from the past. Where on earth did he go?

He only stopped being Radio 1's film critic last year (or was it earlier this year?) and Rhianna - whose surname I don't know - replaced him. I just tried googling her to find out more about her, but with that name it's proving impossible.

I know Rhianna has done Induendo Bingo a few times, so I'm aware of her. Thought James King had left earlier (especially when Edith was pushed out of daytime).
By Latina
Nicola_Red wrote:It's spelled differently from the singer though- she's Rihanna. Here's the radio 1 page on Rhianna (Dhillon):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gregjames/20 ... lm_ex.html

It is, but because google allows for spelling mishaps I still got nothing but Rihanna big weekend slots and the like. So thanks for the link! :D
Last edited by Latina on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]