The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Nicola_Red
Topher wrote:when was the show changed to a 6.30 start, does anyone know? I seem to remember that coinciding with the show really taking off, but my timings could be off.

Not til late 2006/early 07!
By MK Chris
Oh Christ - timing must be off then! I think it must have improved a lot as they got off the ground, but I do distinctly remember with the advent of the opening link and the 6.30 start, that it gained another gear even then though.
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, I remember well cos 2006 was the dark year I split from my former fiance and had to move back to my parents' in Preston and commute here, so I was leaving the house before 7am, and would always hear the end of JK & Joel and the handover on my walk to the bus stop.

(It's no coincidence that that's also the year I joined up here...he was fiercely jealous and didn't like me having an online presence. Yes, I know.)
By Daviemac
neilt0 wrote:I like to have a pic of the team for Album Artwork on my Generic Fruit-Based Letter of the Alphabet-Pod-Touch. I'm currently using this pic from the photos section of this site, but does anyone have any other team photos from 2004?

Is this the trip abroad that Dave 'allegedly' had his way with a competition winner?????
By a-moron
*Surveys the picture, picking out the winner's.

Through careful deduction and deliberation I can see only one person whom would fit this 'alleged shenanigans' claim.

Malcolm.
By The Deadly
Daviemac wrote:
neilt0 wrote:I like to have a pic of the team for Album Artwork on my Generic Fruit-Based Letter of the Alphabet-Pod-Touch. I'm currently using this pic from the photos section of this site, but does anyone have any other team photos from 2004?

Is this the trip abroad that Dave 'allegedly' had his way with a competition winner?????

JK and Joel was the competition winner incident wasn't it?
By DarroM
To Nicola & Topher, 6:30 start began on 15th October 2007 according to the Wikipedia!

"From 2004 to 2007, the show was broadcast 6:55–10:00 am each weekday, but since 15 October 2007 it has started from 6:30 am."
By northernsteve
Topher wrote:
chrysostom wrote:Britney's divorce outranks a tape from Osama Bin Laden on Newsbeat. And people complain about Newsbeat today!

Newsbeat has always been awful - I remember asking Aled after the Brits who chooses the precedence of news stories, because mass killings in Syria was outranked by somebody (Adele?) being cut off by James Cordon introducing Blur at the Brit Awards

That's a little unfair I feel - the entire purpose of Newsbeat is to help to make sure that people who wouldn't actively seek out a news bulletin have some idea of what is going on in the world. This is one of the things which justifies Radio 1 as being a Public Service. Front loading the bulletin with entertainment news that will appeal to the audience, and then telling them the real news almost in passing is actually quite a clever technique.
By Latina
I still remember the reverse happening a few years earlier (either end of 1996 or start of 1997) when Chris Evans demanded a change to 7am start. If it weren't for him I reckon the Chris Moyles Show would have started at 6.30am from the beginning.
By DarroM
Misfit wrote:http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/soundvault.php?fileid=1448

the event is mentioned here in an amazing clip!

"I WAS YOUNG AND IMMATURE"
"SHE WAS DRUNK AND A LISTENER!!!"

Never heard that clip before but man it is hilarious! Love the way Dave says "ONCE!!" That must have been from June/July 2001 if Emma from Big Brother 2 was in!
By jocky85
Interesting hearing the news 'Jack Straw thinks we will be in Iraq for years rather than months' - 8 1/2 years later, in effect the news headlines haven't really changed
By Badger Mark
neilt0 wrote:It was odd hearing about Olympics preparations in the news. TCMS (a.m.) has been on for 3 Olympics. Mad.

I'm finding the old news stories to be interesting. Really places the shows in time. And odd to think back where I was in my life at the time.
By slaphead1982
Deadly wrote:Does anyone have any other team photos from 2004?

This is the only team photo I have from 2004:
Breakfast show 2004.jpg

Carrie did'nt crop up until the 2005 team photo:
Breakfast show 2005.jpg
By Nicola_Red
It's weird, Juliette looks absolutely nothing like I imagine her to. I wish I could remember how I pictured the rest of the team before I saw photos of them, but it's too long ago.
By Tunster
slaphead1982 wrote:
Deadly wrote:Does anyone have any other team photos from 2004?

This is the only team photo I have from 2004:
Breakfast show 2004.jpg

Carrie did'nt crop up until the 2005 team photo:
Breakfast show 2005.jpg

Aled looks like a school boy in 2004! Amazing how the dynamics were so different between then and the last show. I guess Moyles was going to take a while toning down the shock factor in his presenting style and mellow into the role. However, I guess his zoo style in afternoons which was unusual for that time worked and got him the job!
By Dombo1981
i must say, i am loving waking up and having the replays delivered to my phone, i dont mind scott this week so after scott im getting my fix of early moyles.

it is weird hearing the early stuff as it really shows how much he has changed and mellowed, he still out to shock.. love "The Saviour" jingles he really was, Radio1 was dying on its ass till he picked up breakfast.

as a previous poster said the news bulletin really places it in time and i found myself yesterday listening , going ahh i was working there and living here etc.. and remembering all the things i did. i can even remember where i was when coxy did breakfast.
also it was weird to hear "wake up with moyles - go home with Coxy" when did scott get the afternoon gig then? always loved the "wake up with moyles - go home with Mills" much better.
im off to listen to todays (Wed 7th Jan 2004)

Thank you both!!