The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Zoot
Do we have this thread yet? Sorry if we do, I couldn't see it.

Show 1.

Classic moment on tedious - "Morning glory is what I usually wake up with..."

Dom sounds so different, like he's hyped on coffee or something!
By Nicola_Red
Yeah, Dom is really still quite 'frothy bevy' at that point.
By dimtimjim
So, is this available on this site, daily? Or do we dig 'em out of the archieves ourselves?!
By MK Chris
Chris sounds very different too - higher pitched. I always thought the more gravelly voice was there before Breakfast, but obviously not! Great song for Buzz Off, can't believe they vetoed it so early!
By MK Chris
dimtimjim wrote:So, is this available on this site, daily? Or do we dig 'em out of the archieves ourselves?!

Chris wrote:On the main http://chrismoyles.net page we have launched the 'Breakfast Show Replay' - we are replaying every Chris Moyles Breakfast Show starting with the first and ending sometime around 2020(!).

The shows have been edited to remove the music to speed downloads and for reasons of copyright - we own a huge debt of gratitude to a team of people on the Sound section of our website for their dedication in recording, editing, uploading and cataloguing these files.

You may listen/download the show from the front page of the site, or you may subscribe to our RSS feed which will automatically make the shows available to your podcast reader.

If you wish to subscribe to the podcast using iTunes, then you should do the following:

podcast1.png

podcast2.png

(the URL to enter is http://chrismoyles.net/moylesrewind.rss)

For technical reasons the first show is up slightly early - it will then update at midnight each working day starting Tuesday.
By C-Kay
Everyone sounds different. I don't know if it's the mic's used (technology has come a long way since 2004) or of they just sound younger. Probably a bit of both.

Loved the Lightning seeds on Buzz Off, big fan of that band :D
By dimtimjim
Cheers Toph - I never usually frequent the home page, i open straight up to forum page all the time... Doh!
By Nicola_Red
There was a whole thread about the breakfast show replays!
By Zoot
Jimmy_Lemon wrote:I am liking the way they are commenting on the news stories as they are read out

I wonder if corporate had something to say about him doing that
By Bas
Topher wrote:Chris sounds very different too - higher pitched. I always thought the more gravelly voice was there before Breakfast, but obviously not!

Eight years of fags will do that for you.
By Latina
Reading this thread makes me very interested in giving it a try (especially as I wasn't a listener for the first 2 years), so I'll stop reading it now and start listening. But not until this evening - listening to old shows in the morning knowing it's not the real (live) thing just wouldn't work for me.

But this is a fantastic idea and I'm now wondering how many gigabytes all the shows would potentially take up on my external hard drive... :D
I'm loving this! On 5/1/04 I was 11 years old and about to start my last term of middle school so I don't remember it at all.

The opening song featured the line "Hello Great Britain" over and over again so maybe when Chris walked out of Broadcasting House on Friday and said "Goodbye Great Britain" it was a reference to that rather than any indication that he's going to work abroad.
By dimtimjim
Mwhahahahaaa! 1hr35 without songs!! Sure that'll change...!

Added it to my play list, right after Jaguar Skills 30 years of hip-hop mix, which is fecking great, if you like that sort of thing...
By Zoot
MrAndee wrote:Chris sounds like he's got a cold and/or bored.

He sounds anything BUT Bored!
He sounds more enthusiastic than he has in the last few years.
By neilt0
I like to have a pic of the team for Album Artwork on my Generic Fruit-Based Letter of the Alphabet-Pod-Touch. I'm currently using this pic from the photos section of this site, but does anyone have any other team photos from 2004?

Last edited by neilt0 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
By colinho
At the risk of asking a stupid question, Whenever I try to download shows to my iPhone they play automatically, does anyone know if there is anyway of saving them rather than playi them so I can listen when I choose? Thanks in advance!
By Bas
neilt0 wrote:I like to have a pic of the team for Album Artwork on my Generic Fruit-Based Letter of the Alphabet-Pod-Touch. I'm currently using this pic from the photos section of this site, but does anyone have any other team photos from 2004?

It looks like Chappers has since picked up what Chris lost in the weight department.
By richbrown
colinho wrote:At the risk of asking a stupid question, Whenever I try to download shows to my iPhone they play automatically, does anyone know if there is anyway of saving them rather than playi them so I can listen when I choose? Thanks in advance!

Download the app RSSRadio - enter the RSS URL that is on the homepage and it'll download each show for you to listen to when they're available.

Hopefully if the podcast feed can go on iTunes, it'll show up in the Apple Podcasts app so you can choose to stream or download for later.
By colinho
richbrown wrote:
colinho wrote:At the risk of asking a stupid question, Whenever I try to download shows to my iPhone they play automatically, does anyone know if there is anyway of saving them rather than playi them so I can listen when I choose? Thanks in advance!

Download the app RSSRadio - enter the RSS URL that is on the homepage and it'll download each show for you to listen to when they're available.

Hopefully if the podcast feed can go on iTunes, it'll show up in the Apple Podcasts app so you can choose to stream or download for later.

Top man(I presume) did exactly that and it's worked perfectly, cheers!

Thank you both!!