The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues

Where do you want Chris Moyles to go next?

A Radio 1 weekend slot
32%
A Radio 2 weekday daytime slot
31%
A Radio 5 Live show with Dave (Something like Richard Bacon's)
19%
The Absolute Radio breakfast show
6%
North Norfolk Digital (North Norfolk's best music mix)/Other
13%
By chrisjames
It's not entirely clear if Chris is leaving Radio One altogether or moving to another slot . He had a contract till the end of next year after all! maybe Aled could enlighten us?
Travis Bickle wrote:It's annoying me that I don't know where he is going after the show ends. I WANT TO KNOW!

I'm hoping he doesn't step away from radio entirely and comes back with a regular show. Not really sure if it'll be a BBC radio station/show or what yet, but I'm hoping.

I'm sure once JCS is done, he'll have a break and then hopefully be itching to get back on the radio.
chrysostom wrote:
BBC Radio 1 Announcement wrote:Chris will leave breakfast in September and is currently in negotiations with the station about a brand new show.

So he may be staying on Radio 1 after all? Return to drivetime? Weekends?

Drivetime would be good. I can't see it though.

Anyroads, i can recommend Shaun Keaveney on 6 Music as an alternative listen in the mornings come September,
Bas wrote:
chrysostom wrote:
BBC Radio 1 Announcement wrote:Chris will leave breakfast in September and is currently in negotiations with the station about a brand new show.

So he may be staying on Radio 1 after all? Return to drivetime? Weekends?

Drivetime would be good. I can't see it though.

Anyroads, i can recommend Shaun Keaveney on 6 Music as an alternative listen in the mornings come September,

I would actually like to see him do Nick Grimshaw's current slot mainly because it would be perfect for me at work but we have to wait and see!
chrisjames wrote:Don't want to get your hopes up, but some of the news sites are saying that Chris is in talks to host a new show on Radio One,so lets hope there's some truth in it!

I'm 99% sure I read this on the Newsbeat article, so surely there is an element of truth, if R1 itself is reporting that.
EDIT: Here you go, http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18792684? ... icRSS20-sa

"Chris Moyles is contracted at Radio 1 until New Year 2014 after signing a new two and a half year deal last July.

He's now in talks with the station about fronting a new show."
Last edited by Termy on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Superjim wrote: Seriously? Far more than what Moyles earns at the BBC? They are always being criticised for his huge salary.

Johnny Yawn was picking up 800k a year at Capital. They criticised his salary because commercial media outlets hate the BBC and want everyone to see it as a waste of money, when in reality they're paying way below market value.
Chris is leaving the breakfast show but he isn't leaving Radio 1 altogether though. He is still contracted to Radio 1 for another 18 months yet so they need to give him a different show on Radio 1 and keep all the same people on it. It's just so bad and disappointing that he won't make it to 10 years on the breakfast show. Whoever does the breakfast show after Chris will find it very difficult to take his place. No one can be as good and popular as Chris has been.
willhayes91 wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latest ... es-r1.html
That link states 'Chris will leave breakfast in September and is currently in negotiations with the station about a brand new show.'
Official word from BBC Press Release.

I quoted the same words-ish from the Newsbeat article. But both the article and the Press Release are close to one and the same.

And I wouldn't know what contract Aled is on, but I don't think the Producers are freelance.
chrysostom wrote:
Superjim wrote: Seriously? Far more than what Moyles earns at the BBC? They are always being criticised for his huge salary.

Johnny Yawn was picking up 800k a year at Capital. They criticised his salary because commercial media outlets hate the BBC and want everyone to see it as a waste of money, when in reality they're paying way below market value.

Oh right. Well hopefully he'll find somewhere to move to then, and take some of the team with him. With any luck someone will edit the adverts out and upload it here. If I were him I'd probably have moved before now, bigger pay cheque at a station that might appreciate him more.
Superjim wrote:
chrysostom wrote:

Oh right. Well hopefully he'll find somewhere to move to then, and take some of the team with him. With any luck someone will edit the adverts out and upload it here. If I were him I'd probably have moved before now, bigger pay cheque at a station that might appreciate him more.

Think that is the best scenario we can hope for =[

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]