Transcripts of Dave's Tedious Links
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Massive Attack, Unfinished Sympathy

Today's Transcript:

Green Day are made up of three members, and in that respect share something in common with N-Dubz. N-Dubz' Dappy is distinguishable from the other two because he always wears a ski hat, even in the summer. 'Summer Lovin'' is a song from the musical 'Grease'. Greece is a nice place to go on holiday because of its favourable climate and laid-back locals. Locals of a different type are what you'd like a lot of if you were a publican. A publican shouldn't be mistaken for a pelican, which is a type of sea bird that can carry fish in its large gullet. 'Gullet' in Dutch would probably be 'Gullit', as in Ruud Gullit, who was a former manager of Chelsea and Newcastle United. Newcastle United are the team of choice for Ant & Dec, who used to work with Cat Deeley, who's from Birmingham. If you were to drive 87 miles South-West of Birmingham you'd get to Bristol, which is where Massive Attack are from, which links to Massive Attack and 'Unfinished Sympathy'.

Flaws:

Dutch for 'gullet' is actually 'slokdarm'.

Tedious Facts:

Released - February 1991

Highest UK Chart Position - #13

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Madonna, Like A Prayer

Today's Transcript:

Attack is apparently the best form of defence, while 'Best Defence' was a film starring Eddie Murphy. Eddie Murphy also starred in 'Trading Places' alongside Jamie Lee Curtis. Jamie Lee Curtis shares one name in common with Jamie Oliver, whose new show starts tonight on Channel 4. A channel of a different type is a narrow body of water that separates two land masses, such as the English Channel which separates England from France. France is famed for its food and wine. Wine is made from grapes, which were traditionally crushed by people standing on them. 'Them' is the opposite of 'us'. If you add a 'B' to the front of 'us' you get 'bus', which stops regularly along its route from A to B. 'A to B' sounds like some sort of horrible equation in algebra, which is something I never really liked. When you think of the word 'like' in the context of Madonna songs you think of 'Like A Prayer', which links to Madonna and 'Like A Prayer'.

Flaws:

Seamless link.

Tedious Facts:

Released - March 1989

Highest UK Chart Position - #1

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

N.E.R.D., She Wants To Move

Today's Transcript:

Madonna likes to work out, and in that respect shares something in common with Sara Cox, who's always doing stuff like body combat. Combat trousers were fashionable in the late 90s, largely due to the popularity of All Saints. If you swap the first letter of 'saints' for a 'P' you get 'paints', which are what you'd find a lot of in a decorator's van. Van Halen are an American rock band who had a hit with 'Jump'. Jump is what you don't want to hear if you're in a plane about to do your first freefall with a parachute. 'Parachute' was a hit for Cheryl Cole, who's moving to LA to be in the American version of 'X Factor'. 'Factor' rhymes with 'Traktor', which is a hit for Wretch-32, whose next single is a collaboration with Example, who was very nice when I met him at Radio 1's Big Weekend last year. Last year I moved house, and if you knew a girl who was looking to relocate you might say to the estate agent "she wants to move", which links to N.E.R.D. and 'She Wants To Move'.

Flaws:

Nothing to report.

Tedious Facts:

Released - March 2004

Highest UK Chart Position - #5

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Snap, Rhythm Is A Dancer

Today's Transcript:

If you actually want to move, the whole thing can be a total pain. The word 'pain' in French means 'bread'. The people that make bread are called bakers. A bakers' dozen consists of thirteen, which is one extra. 1Extra is the name of our sister station, and we'll be doing our first ever simulcast during our 37 hour show for Comic Relief. Comic Relief raises a huge amount of money for projects in Africa and the UK. The UK is different to Great Britain, but a lot of people aren't sure why. 'Y' is the first letter of 'yogurt', which can be a breakfast alternative to snap, crackle and pop. If you take away the 'crackle' and 'pop' you're left with just 'snap', which links to Snap and 'The Power'.

Chris: What song are we playing again?
Dave: The Power.
(song intro starts to play)
Chris: This is the 'Rhythm Is A Dancer' remix, Dave. Yep...it's a completely new working of the song. Where they changed all the lyrics and everything.
Dave: I...unless I've got this wrong...
Chris: Well hang on a second, what do you mean?
Dave: I'll check my email.
Chris: Are you gonna check? Right. Well, I've got 'Rhythm Is A Dancer' here.
Dave: Can we just loop the intro for a second?
Chris: Oh, it's not a problem. Can I be honest? I much prefer 'Rhythm Is A Dancer' anyway.
Dave: Hang on...just loop it until I find out. See, Chloe from the music department sent me an email the other day...
Chris: Why...how come she knows what's gonna be Tedious Link? I thought where the link goes, nobody knows?
Dave: Right. Monday 7th March - Snap, 'Rhythm Is A Dancer'.
Chris: Right...
Dave: Yep. Not Snap, 'The Power'.
Chris: Right. So you got it wrong?
Dave: Yeah, I...completely.
Chris: So where the link goes, you don't know?
Dave: Yeah, on this occasion.
Chris: Wow, it really is a mystery to everybody. Alright, well, I prefer this to 'The Power' anyway, so...Snap, 'Rhythm Is A Dancer'.

Flaws:

The difference between Great Britain and the UK is that 'United Kingdom' refers to the union of England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland (though most of Ireland is now independent, only Northern Ireland remains part of the UK), while Great Britain comprises only England, Scotland and Wales.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 1992

Listen to the Link:

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/soundvault.php?fileid=2501
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

All Saints, Pure Shores

Today's Transcript:

Snap is a card game that you might play if you were bored in a caravan. Caravans can cause a nuisance on roads in the summer, and should probably only be allowed on the road at night. 'At Night' was a hit for Shakedown, while shake down is probably the best way to dislodge a coconut from its tree. Tree surgeons do most of their work with a chainsaw. Saw is the past tense of the verb 'to see', which is the primary function of the eyes. Eyes need to be protected from harmful UV rays in sunlight. Port Sunlight is on the Wirral, which used to be part of Cheshire but is now part of Merseyside. 'Side' rhymes with 'guide', which is what you'd need if you were trekking through the jungles of Thailand. Thailand was the setting for the film 'The Beach', the soundtrack to which featured 'Pure Shores', which links to All Saints and 'Pure Shores'.

Flaws:

Tree surgeons, or arborists, pratice the cultivation, management, and study of individual trees, so their work involves a lot more than the use of chainsaws.

Tedious Facts:

Released - February 2000

Dave last linked to this track just over a year ago, in February 2010.

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Luniz, I Got 5 On It

Today's Transcript:

A shore is any point where the land meets the sea. 'C' is the third letter of the alphabet, while the alphabet was invented by the Greeks. 'Greeks' rhymes with 'leaks', which is what you don't want if you're a plumber. A plumber is who you should call if you've got a problem with your pipes. 'Pipes Of Peace' was a big hit for Paul McCartney, somewhere between The Beatles and now. 'Now' is another way of saying present, while a present of a different type is what you'd hope to get at Christmas. Christmas is the day that Jesus was born in Bethlehem. A hem is what you might find on the bottom of your skirt. Skirts tend to be worn by girls. Girls more than blokes work as cashiers in bookies. If you were in the bookies and one of the regulars asked you if you had any money on the 3.30 at Uttoxeter you might say "I've got a fiver on it", which links to Luniz and 'I Got 5 On It'.

Flaws:

Seamless today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - February 1996

Highest UK Chart Position - #3

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Goo Goo Dolls, Iris

Today's Transcript:

Luniz were formed in California by rappers Numskull and Yukmouth. Yuck mouth is what you have if you wake up on a long haul flight and haven't packed your toothbrush. A toothbrush is something you normally keep in your washbag, along with your toothpaste and maybe a razor. 'Razor' was the nickname of former football player Neil Ruddick, who used to play for Spurs, who last night qualified for the last eight of the Champions League after knowcking out AC Milan. Milan is the fashion centre of the world. 'The World Is Not Enough' was the title of a James Bond film, starring Pierce Brosnan who's from Ireland and Robert Carlyle who's from Scotland. Scotland and Ireland are two of the countries that take part in the Six Nations, along with Italy. Italy is somewhere they eat a lot of pasta, which is a good thing to eat before a marathon. If you were running a marathon, it'd be really annoying if you got something stuck in your eye. Your eye is made up of different bits including the pupil and iris, which links to the Goo Goo Dolls and 'Iris'.

Flaws:

It's arguable that Milan is the fashion capital of the world, but technically seamless.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 1999 (re-released in August 2006)

Highest UK Chart Position - #26 (#15 on re-release)

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

2Pac, Changes

Today's Transcript:

If you add an 'H' onto the end of 'Iris' you get 'Irish', which is the nationality of Boyzone. Boyzone are currently on tour. Tour de France is a famous cycling race that takes place in France. France is a major producer and consumer of cheese, and in that respect shares something in common with Holland. When people from Holland support their national team they're easily recognisable as they all tend to wear orange. Orange is a citrus fruit that can be squeezed to make juice. Deuce is a word used in the scoring of tennis. Tennis is a sport that can involve four people for a game of doubles. 'Doubles' rhymes with 'bubbles', which was the name of the chimp friend of the late Michael Jackson. Another American musical artist who's sadly dead is 2Pac, which links to 2Pac and 'Changes'.

Flaws:

Problem-free today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - February 1999

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Tori Amos, Professional Widow

Today's Transcript:

Changes of clothes are what we're going to need to keep us fresh during our marathon broadcast, which we'll be two and a half hours into this time tomorrow. 'Tomorrow' was a great song by James. James, surname Martin, is a Yorkshire chef who hosts 'Saturday Kitchen'. 'Kitchen' rhymes with 'stitchin'', which is what you do with a needle and thread. If you remove the 'H' from 'thread' you're left with 'tread', which is what you want plenty of on your car tyres. Car tyres make an ideal swing when attached to a length of heavy duty chain. A chain is what you don't want to be stuck in when buying or selling your house. 'House' is the hit US drama series starring Hugh Laurie. 'Laurie' rhymes with 'Corrie' and 'Tori', and if you combine the name 'Tori' with 'Amos' you get Tori Amos , which links to Tori Amos and 'Professional Widow'.

Flaws:

Watertight once again.

Tedious Facts:

Released - January 1997

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Kasabian, LSF

Today's Transcript:

If you add an 'N' to the word 'widow' you get 'window', which is something that's normally made of glass. Glass can be blown by hand or made in a big factory like the one in Sunderland. Sunderland are known as the Black Cats. Black cats are difficult to see at night, which is why they need to be extra careful when crossing the road after dark. 'Dark' rhymes with 'park', which is a good place to walk your dog or play cricket. A cricket of a different type is an insect that can be noisy at night. 'Night and Day' was a recent movie starring Tom Cruise. Tom Cruise has been in loads of films including 'Rainman' and 'Eyes Wide Shut'. 'Eyes Wide Shut' is also the title of the current single by JLS. JLS sang jingles at Chris' birthday recently. The other musical entertainment at Chris' birthday came from Kasabian, which links to Kasabian and 'LSF'.

Flaws:

Problem-free.

Tedious Facts:

Released - August 2004

Highest UK Chart Position - #10

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Ini Kamoze, Here Comes The Hotstepper

Today's Transcript:

LSF stands for Lost Souls Forever, which is very apt considering how long we've been up already and how we feel at this moment in time. Time goes very slowly when you're sat in a basement studio all day and night. 'All Night Long' was a hit for Lionel Ritchie, whose house me and Dom nearly visited when we went to LA a couple of yeara ago. If you swap the last letter of 'ago' for an 'A' you get 'Aga', which is a massive oven that you find in a country kitchen. Other things that are commonly found in kitchens include a fridge and a washing machine, and collectively these are known as white goods. 'Goods' rhymes with 'woods', as in Tiger Woods, who is famous for playing golf. The oldest golf course in the world is apparently St Andrews in Scotland. Scotland is a good place to buy shortbread, which is good for providing you with energy and sugars when you're feeling low, like we are sat here. When you think of the word 'here' in the context of classic one-hit wonders, you think of 'Here Comes The Hotstepper', which links to Ini Kamoze and 'Here Comes The Hotstepper'.

Flaws:

Nothing to report.

Tedious Facts:

Released - January 1995

Highest UK Chart Position - #4

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Amy Winehouse, Rehab

Today's Transcript:

Hot stepper is a word that can be used to describe a skilled football player. A player is a man who is good at seducing women, like Callum Best. 'Best' rhymes with 'chest', of which Kelly Brook has a great one for storing her treasure in. An inn is also known as a tavern or local pub, which is an abbreviation of 'pubic house'. House is what I'm trying to buy at the moment, complete with a double garage. Garage is where I store my car. When my car breaks down I call the AA. AA is where you end up meeting after spending too much time at the local wine house, which links to Amy Winehouse and 'Rehab'.

Flaws:

Seamless.

Tedious Facts:

Released - October 2006

Highest UK Chart Position - #7

Today's Tedious was written and read by stand-in sidekick Olly Murs.

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Garbage, I Think I'm Paranoid

Today's Transcript:

Rehab is where you go to rehabilitate. Tate is the surname of comedian Catherine who is most famous for her foul-mouthed Nana character. Character is what I've got bags of. Bags are what Chris is currently carrying under his eyes. 'Eyes' is the plural of 'eye', which brings me back to me. 'Me' rhymes with 'tea', and it's milk and two sugars for me if someone would like to take my order. An order is something you give in a restaurant. Restaurants can be anything from a greasy spoon to healthy food. Healthy food is what you should be eating if you're training for the marathon. Marathon is what Chris and Dave recently completed, and when I spoke to Chris afterwards and asked how he was feeling he said "I think I'm paranoid", which links to Garbage and 'I Think I'm Paranoid'.

Flaws:

Flawless once again.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 1998

Highest UK Chart Position - #9

Another link from guest team member Olly Murs.

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Calvin Harris, Acceptable In the 80s

Today's Transcript:

Garbage is what you put out every weekday. Charlie Sheen's garbage includes legal papers and bottles of wine. Types of wine include Merlot and Shiraz, but Essex girls' favourite whine is "I wanna go to Lakeside". Lakeside is a shopping centre on a retail park. A park is where you might go to walk your dogs, something George Michael likes to do, but without his dogs. 'Dog' rhymes with 'jog' and 'bog'. The bog is a place you go to have a number two, something you might need if you have a turtle's head. Head is what will hurt at the end of a session at a local boozer that leaves you in a drunken state. The state of America is governed by a president. Previous Presidents have included Clinton, Nixon and Bush. A bush is a shrub or plant that can be shaped into patterns or trimmed to be kept neat. Having an untrimmed bush was more acceptable in the 80s, which links to Calvin Harris and 'Acceptable In The 80s'.

Flaws:

Watertight.

Tedious Facts:

Released - March 2007

Highest UK Chart Position - #10

This link is Olly's third Tedious.

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

MC Hammer, U Can't Touch This

Today's Transcript:

Things that were acceptable in the 80s include legwarmers, perms and Wham!. 'Wham bam thankyou ma'am' is Aston from JLS' favourite motto. 'Motto' rhymes with 'grotto', which is where you find Santa at the end of the year. A year is 365 days. There are seven days in a week. A week is how long I've been asked to co-host this show, and for all of it Chris has taken the mick and been mean. Mean is a term used in maths and means average. Average is a word that can be used to describe Chris' bowling technique, as shown yesterday on our date. A date is what I'm lacking, so feel free to tweet me. Tweet is the answer I nearly messed up on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?' on Saturday. Saturday is a day I rarely get off, but when I do I like to go to Faces in Essex and on the dancefloor tell the ladies "you can't touch this", which links to MC Hammer and 'U Can't Touch This'.

Flaws:

Once again seamless.

Tedious Facts:

Released - June 1990

This track has now been chosen seven times for the Tedious that we have a record of: August 2004, January 2006, February 2007, November 2009, June 2010, February 2011 and today. This makes it the most popular Tedious Link song to date, although of course today it was chosen by Olly Murs rather than Dave, so that may make it exempt from the records!

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Urban Cookie Collective, The Key The Secret

Today's Transcript:

'You can't touch this' is what they might say if you tried to pick up a priceless Ming vase while visiting a museum. 'Night At The Museum' is a film starring Ben Stiller. If you remove the first letter of 'Stiller' you get 'tiller', which is another word for a rudder which you use to steer a boat. A boat sounds a bit like 'aboot', which is how they say 'about' in Canada. Canada is a country where you are statistically more likely to get attacked by a moose than anywhere else in the world. The world is probably only really understood by Dr Brian Cox, Dr Stephen Hawking and Carol Vorderman. Carol Vorderman is a big fan of Sudoku, which is very complicated. 'Complicated' was the first hit for Avril Lavigne. 'Avril' is French for 'April', which is the month we're in now. 'Now' rhymes with 'cow', as in 'Holy Cow!', which is something Batman says and is also an important symbol in Hinduism. 'The Hindu Times' was an album by Oasis. Oasis' first number one was in 1995, and if you go two years back from that you get to 1993 which is when Urban Cookie Collective had their only big hit, which links to Urban Cookie Collective and 'The Key The Secret'.

Flaws:

Several issues today. 'The Hindu Times' was a single by Oasis, not an album; 'Holy Cow!' was a catchphrase of Robin, not Batman; Brian Cox and Stephen Hawking are Professors, not doctors; and a rudder and tiller are two different things.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 1993

Highest UK Chart Position - #2

Dave last linked to this track ten months ago, in July 2010.

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

N-Sync, Bye Bye Bye

Today's Transcript:

If you had an urban cookie collective, it would presumably consist of a group of city dwellers who share a love of biscuits. Biscuits are a nice accompaniment to a cup of tea. Tea is grown in China and India, where it used to be picked by ladies with large baskets strapped to their backs. 'Backs' rhymes with 'sacks', which is what you'd find a lot of in a Post Office. A post office is a good place to buy stamps and post letters. Letters are a crucial part of the game show 'Countdown', which is currently hosted by Jeff Stelling, which rhymes with 'spelling', which a lot of the show is about. All About Eve were a band whose biggest hit was 'Martha's Harbour'. A harbour is somewhere you might arrive if you were travelling by ferry. If someone rang you while your ferry was docking you might say "we're just in". Justin Timberlake used to be in N-Sync, which links to N-Sync and 'Bye Bye Bye'.

Flaws:

Seamless link.

Tedious Facts:

Released - March 2000

(N_Red)
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Dr Alban, It's My Life

Today's Transcript:

'Bye bye' is something you say when you're leaving friends or the place you work. Work is something that I do regularly here at Radio 1. At Radio 1 not only do I produce the Chris Moyles Show, I also present the Surgery on a Sunday night. The Surgery this week was a revision special. Revision is something that's best done when you're concentrating, and not texting or watching TV. TV is where you can see a show that I've been on recently called OMG. OMG covered interesting topics such as cougars and vampires. A vampire, a werewolf and a ghost were the characters in the BBC drama 'Being Human'. If you're human and not a man you're almost certainly a woman. Once a month women go all weird and scary and reach for the chocolate and sanitary products. When you think of a song that was used in ads for sanitary towels you think of 'It's My Life', which links to Dr Alban and 'It's My Life'.

Flaws:

Problem-free.

Tedious Facts:

Released - September 1992

Today's link was written and read by Aled in Dave's absence.

Listen to the Link:

http://chrismoyles.net/soundvault/soundvault.php?fileid=2502
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

The Farm, Groovy Train

Today's Transcript:

Dr Alban was a huge talent in the mid-90s and also a qualified dentist. Dentists sort out your teeth and are also concerned with plaque in your gums. 'Gums' rhymes with 'bums', which is an American slang term for hobos. If you remove the 'B' from 'hobos' you get 'Soho', which is the name of an urban area in both London and New York. London and New York both have very busy airports. Airports are a bad place to be delayed for several hours. Hours are made up of 60 minutes, which are made up of 60 seconds. '60 Seconds' is the name of the news show on BBC3 that's presented by our own Tina Dahely. Tina used to work with Westwood, whose nickname is The Big Dog. A big dog is how you would also describe a St Bernard, which traditionally carry a little barrel round their necks which is full of brandy. If you remove the 'B', 'R' and 'Y' from 'brandy' and put an 'L' on the front you get 'land', and if you own a lot of land you could use it for growing crops or grazing animals and call it 'the farm', which links to The Farm and 'Groovy Train'.

Flaws:

Removing the 'B' from 'hobos' isn't quite enough alteration to make the word 'Soho', and St Bernards apparently no longer carry brandy round their necks, as alcohol can be dangerous in cases of shock and hypothermia.

Tedious Facts:

Released - September 1990

Highest UK Chart Position - #6
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

The Charlatans, One To Another

Today's Transcript:

'Farm' rhymes with 'barm', which is what you might have your bacon in if you're in Manchester. Manchester City knocked out Manchester United on Saturday, putting them in the FA Cup Final against Stoke at Wembley. Wembley is the biggest capacity stadium in the UK. The UK is made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is the birthplace of Zoe Salmon. Salmon is a type of fish that is often poached. Poached is what you wouldn't want to be if you were an elephant in Africa. Africa gets very hot, which is why tribesmen often wear just a loincloth. 'Cloth' rhymes with 'Goth', which is what you might be if you wore black and eyeliner. If you remove the last letter of 'liner' and replace it with 'S' you get 'lines', which is what an actor has to learn. 'Learn To Fly' was a hit for the Foo Fighters, who are appearing at Radio 1's Big Weekend. If you go to the Big Weekend and want to see a lot of different acts you'll have to move around the stages from one to another, which links to The Charlatans and 'One To Another'.

Flaws:

Nothing to report.

Tedious Facts:

Released - September 1996

By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Groove Armada, Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control)

Today's Transcript:

Charlatans frontman Tim Burgess is from Northwich in Cheshire. Cheshire is famous for cheese and cats. 'Cats' is a musical by Sir Andrew Lloyd-Webber. Andrew Lloyd-Webber shares the same surname as Mark Webber, who's an Australian racing driver. Driver, first name Minnie, is an English actress who's starred in a lot of American films. Films are a passion of Jonathan Ross, who watches movies every week. 'Week' rhymes with 'beak', which is the mouth on a bird. Angry Birds is a game played by gazillions of people all around the world. 'All Around The World' was a big hit for Oasis. Noel Gallagher, formerly of Oasis, looked very happy on the TV on Saturday when Man City were sent into next month's FA Cup Final. The FA Cup Final is an event that the Royals always seem to get tickets for, and for Mutya Buena is who the song 'Song 4 Mutya' is for, which links to Groova Armada and 'Song 4 Mutya'.

Flaws:

Seamless.

Tedious Facts:

Released - July 2007

Highest UK Chart Position - #8
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Coldplay, Fix You

Today's Transcript:

'Armada' is a Spanish word meaning a group of ships or fleet. Fleet Foxes is the name of a band who are a bit folky, like Mumford & Sons. 'Sons And Daughters' was an Australian soap opera years ago. 'Go' was the title of the first hit for Moby. Moby Dick was a famous whale in a children's story. Stories are what you find a lot of in tall buildings in a city like New York. New York is where Mark Ronson has spent much of his time, which explains his accent. Accents vary from one region to another. 'Another Way To Die' was a hit by Jack White and Alicia Keys. Keys are what you need to get into a door. A cornflake door is what chris Martin sang about on this show many years ago. Chris Martin is the lead singer of Coldplay, which links to Coldplay and 'Fix You'.

Flaws:

Moby Dick isn't really a children's story, but otherwise seamless.

Tedious Facts:

Released - September 2005

Highest UK Chart Position - #4
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

De La Soul, The Magic Number

Today's Transcript:

I had a cold once, and I went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist said it didn't seem like a cold because I seemed really ill and maybe I should go to see a doctor. The doctor said I had bronchitis and gave me some tablets and I got better, so phoning the doctor was the magic number, which links to De La Soul and 'The Magic Number'.

Flaws:

Nothing to report.

Tedious Facts:

Released - December 1989

This rather short and strange Link was actually written and read by 1Extra's Twin B on a Bank Holiday Monday (as Dave said: "that's not a Tedious Link, that's just Twin's boring story"). Dave also linked to this track just four months ago.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Beck, Loser

Today's Transcript:

Magic is the specialist area of Paul Daniels, who's married to Debbie McGee. Debbie McGee shares the same surname as Alan McGee, who was the man behind Creation Records, which there's a new movie about entitled 'Upside Down'. Upside down is how you'd spend much of your time if you were a bat. A bat of a different type is what you use in the game of cricket. Cricket made Ian Botham famous, who likes to eat Shredded Wheat. Wheat is grown in fields and harvested using a combine harvester. 'Combine Harvester' was a hit for The Wurzels. The Wurzels specialise in a type of music known as Scrumpy and Western. Western is the opposite of Eastern. The Eastern Bloc is what they used to call a lot of countries that were behind the Iron Curtain. They have very large curtains in the cinema. Cinema is no doubt still a passion of Michael Winner. The opposite of winner is loser, which links to Beck and 'Loser'.

Flaws:

Seamless.

Tedious Facts:

Released - March 1994

Highest UK Chart Position - #15

Dave last linked to this track almost 18 months ago in December 2009.
By Nicola_Red

Today's Tedious Link:

Bomfunk MCs, Freestyler

Today's Transcript:

Beck's surname is Hansen, even though he's no relation to Alan Hansen who did football in the 80s. The 80s is a decade that is synonymous with shoulder pads and big hair. 'Hair' is a famous musical, like 'Cats' and 'Chicago'. Chicago is nicknamed the Windy City. Windy is what you don't want it to be if you're driving a high-sided vehicle over a bridge. Bridge, first name Wayne, is not mates with John Terry after their massive public fallout. Fall Out Boy had a hit with 'Sugar We're Going Down', and 'We're Going Down' was a hit for former Spice Girl Mel C. Mel C used to dress like a chav skateboarder, and if you were a freestyle skateboarder you might describe yourself as a freestyler, which links to Bomfunk MCs and 'Freestyler'.

Flaws:

All factually accurate today.

Tedious Facts:

Released - August 2000

Dave last linked to this track just over a year ago, in February 2010.