Transcripts of Dave's Tedious Links
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Blur - Parklife

Tedious Facts:

This featured the vocals of actor Phil Daniels, most famous for his role in Quadrophenia. Leslie Ash was in it too but thankfully without the rubber duckie lips. This was the pinnacle of Blurs career. Parklife hit 10 in the chart but more importantly stayed around the album chart top 40 until their next release came out, the very commercial but underrated The Great Escape. You could buy the best of if you want Song 2 along with this but i would instead tell you to buy the album Parklife instead.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

The Key, The Secret by the Urban Cookie Collective

Tedious Facts:

Ahh the smell of my favourite compilation that I bought in 2002. Its the welcome return of the long winded title Breakdown - The Very Best Euphoric Old Skool. Dave took from it this 1993 track.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Guns N Roses with Sweet Child O' Mine

Tedious Facts:

This was covered recently by Sheryl Crow, proof if proof were needed that you should never cover classics. As if you didnt know already, its found on Appetite For Destruction.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

All Saints with Never Ever

Tedious Facts:

We all know about The Appletons are up to now but nothing about the other 2, considered the talented ones. Melanie Blatt seems to have disappeared only resurfacing with singing duties with Artful Dodger and with a UK rap group whose name i've forgotten but it did get to number 43. Shaznay Lewis was last seen on the acclaimed Brit film Bend It Like Beckham. Best place to get this is Hits, released last year as a cash cow.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Boom! Shake the Room by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

Today's Transcript:

All Saints got their name from All Saints Road, where they used to live in London. London is a capital city, as is Oslo. If you add the letter 'N' to the word 'Oslo' you get 'Onslo', who was the scruffy brother-in-law in 'Keeping Up Appearances'. The actor who played Onslow also played Twiggy in 'The Royle Family', which launched the career of Ralf Little. Ralf Little shares the same surname as Mark Little, who played Joe Mangel in 'Neighbours'. Neighbours become good friends, and 'Friends' is a hit American TV series starring Jennifer Aniston. 'Aniston' is almost the same as 'Ariston', who make washing machines. If your washing machine was to blow up it would go "boom" and may even shake the room, which links to DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince and 'Boom! Shake The Room'.

Flaws:

Adding an 'N' to 'Oslo' doesn't make 'Onslow', as it requires an extra 'W' at the end.

Uglybob's Tedious Facts:

Before Will Smith became crap and immersed in his own ego, he had todays singalong anthem for which I entertained my classmates 10 years ago by rapping the whole tune. Their greatest hits was released in 2001, which also includes the whole theme tune to the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, if you're an anorak.

[Transcribed by Nicola_Red]
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Weezer with Buddy Holly

Tedious Facts:

Weezer from 1995 was todays Link. Weezer have appeared on Sesame Street and the video to this song was them being on a Happy Days episode.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Underworld with Born Slippy

Tedious Facts:

This can be found on the Trainspotting soundtrack. Lager Lager Lager was a big phrase used in 1996. The film's success and Euro 96 propelled this up as high as 2 in the charts.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Love Spreads by The Stone Roses

Tedious Facts:

This was the ill fated comeback record by the Roses. The Second Coming was more a damp squib. It can be found on the Best Of released a couple of months back.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Setting Sun from Chemical Brothers featuring Noel Gallagher

Tedious Facts:

This can be found on Dig Your Own Hole. Noel went on to sing on Surrender with the track called Let Forever Be.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Ugly Kid Joe and Everything About You

Tedious Facts:

The Best Ending to a Song... Ever. You can find this on their greatest hits released in 2002. Granted you will only know 2 of the 18 tracks on it. I thought it was on the Wayne's World soundtrack but its not as I found.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Hello by the Beloved

Tedious Facts:

Much overlooked band, originally started as an indie band that gradually went into dance much like The Shamen. You can find it on the Beloved album Happiness.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

A Tribe Called Quest with Can I Kick It

Tedious Facts:

Possibly the only song to sample Pete Tong's voice. Supremely recommended is the Anthology released in 1999. If you like this, try out the special price solo album released by Q-Tip in 2000.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Reef with Place Your Hands

Tedious Facts:

This can be found on their greatest hits compilation released in 2003. Reef got a bit narked after their fans kept singing Its Your Letters instead because they recorded a piece for TFI Friday that Evans used every week.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Public Enemy with Fight The Power

Tedious Facts:

You can find this on the album Fear Of A Black Planet. It got to number 29 in 1989.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Jesus Jones with Real Real Real

Tedious Facts:

This was taken from Doubt. It was reissued last year to coincide with the bands reformation.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Radiohead with High and Dry

Tedious Facts:

You can find this on 1995 album The Bends, the only decent album they released. There's more tuneful stuff on this one.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Marvin Gaye with Let's Get It On

Tedious Facts:

Especially for Valentine's Day. There's plenty of best ofs out there but if you want it on the original then get the self titled album Lets Get It On. He dad killed him in 1984.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Lenny Kravitz and Are You Gonna Go My Way

Tedious Facts:

I always say this is my favourite track ever. I could possibly dispute that in years to come bearing in mind he's a bit of a Jimi Hendrix wannabe. This was his highest charting song up until 1999 when he hit the top spot with Fly Away in February of that year. Best place to get link track is from his greatest hits released in 2000.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Dream Warriors and Wash Your Face In My Sink

Tedious Facts:

A Canadian Rap Duo - Yes words that go together like Peaches and Chips. These fellas however carried off where De La Soul left off in 1990 with this track and with their other big hit My Definition (which was also a Tedious Link). You can get it on Now The Legacy Begins released in 1991.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Chumbawumba and Tubthumping

Tedious Facts:

One hit wonders is probably what you're thinking. You'd be nearly right. Amnesia, the follow up did go top ten. They opened the 1998 Brit Awards, the same year band member Danbert Nobacon chucked that bucket of Water over Prescott. They are still about, somewhere. Answers on a postcard.... no i'd rather not know.
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Pulp and Common People

Tedious Facts:

Released - June 1995

Highest UK Chart Position - #12
By Uglybob

Today's Tedious Link:

Shed Seven and Going For Gold

Tedious Facts:

Released - March 1996

Highest UK Chart Position - #8