Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Aled,

Are there any plans to bring back the running order to the R1 website? I was trying to find it a couple of days ago when I was looking for the time of the Stephen Fry interview, but when I searched for it, I noticed there hadn't been one in nearly a year. If, in fact, there are plans to bring it back could we possibly get song titles in there as well?

Thanks Much from your most loyal and knowledgeable daily listener in New Orleans, LA, USA.
Travis Bickle wrote:
newsbeat wrote:Aled, a question on Celebrity Raspberry here, I know you have a set of jingles/themes for it made by Music4, how long are you planning to keep the feature?

He answered that on the previous page.

Oh, didn't see that
Aled, if you're planning to bring back Where Am I? in January, will Tim Westwood still read out the clues, and will you still keep the V125 music for it? (Grate to be back)
Last edited by newsbeat on Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
TigerFan55 wrote:Aled,

Are there any plans to bring back the running order to the R1 website? I was trying to find it a couple of days ago when I was looking for the time of the Stephen Fry interview, but when I searched for it, I noticed there hadn't been one in nearly a year. If, in fact, there are plans to bring it back could we possibly get song titles in there as well?

Thanks Much from your most loyal and knowledgeable daily listener in New Orleans, LA, USA.

You can view the show details by going to http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006wkqb/episodes/2010 and clicking on the title of the show. There is even song titles on there :)
By Aled
Aled wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:
biggspuds wrote:Aled the new cee lo green tune! what version you like best? radio edit or the better one imho.

On that note I hope you really promote it well on the show as i would love this song to get to number 1 and I think it thoroughly deserves it

It will be Number 1

I'm back to predicting Number 1
Aled, any chance you could find who is responsible for the latest iPlayer changes and punch them in the face, repeatedly...... I'm getting so fed up with having to re-start the show. Yesterdays show, i'm 5 minutes into it and have already had to re-start it 4 times. It plays so much, then defaults to the 'listen to this again' screen! Why?! For what?! Sooooooo infuriating.

Thank you. Rant over.
By Aled
dimtimjim wrote:Aled, any chance you could find who is responsible for the latest iPlayer changes and punch them in the face, repeatedly...... I'm getting so fed up with having to re-start the show. Yesterdays show, i'm 5 minutes into it and have already had to re-start it 4 times. It plays so much, then defaults to the 'listen to this again' screen! Why?! For what?! Sooooooo infuriating.

Thank you. Rant over.

Does that register as 5 listens for our show? Hmmm
Aled, would Sara be covering for Chris in a couple of weeks if she hadn't filled in for him recently? I am pretty sure I know the answer to that question, but it does seem to confirm that you/the powers that be, seem to acknowledge that she is a better alternative than Scott Mills.

In other words, am I right thinking this isn't because Scott couldn't cover for Chris that week, but its actually because Sara was the better option?

It seems to me that R1 didn't want to go the whole way and drop Scott completely, but decided to split the difference and give them a week each.

For what its worth I think Sara should have been given the fortnight with or without the team.
By Emmy
Hi Aled. I was listening to you on the Surgery tonight talking about your relationship commitment issues (and then appear to realise that you may have shared a little too much), and having heard you frequently do similar both on the Surgery and on Chris' show, my question is whether your propensity for being so open about your love life ever gets you into trouble with your boyfriend?

I love the honesty btw, it makes for very entertaining radio, especially in the mornings, so please don't stop sharing!
By Aled
Travis Bickle wrote:Aled, would Sara be covering for Chris in a couple of weeks if she hadn't filled in for him recently? I am pretty sure I know the answer to that question, but it does seem to confirm that you/the powers that be, seem to acknowledge that she is a better alternative than Scott Mills.

Radio 1 was in a position where both Chris and Scott needed the time off that week. So they pleased both by asking Sara and the team to do it instead.

Once Scott's back he's taking his rightful place at the controls the following week.
By Aled
bmstinton93 wrote:When celebrity raspberry does eventually finish what will happen to the mugs? Any chance of us good folk here at Chrismoyles.net of receiving any?

Wouldn't be allowed I'm afraid :(

Everything needs to be transparent on the BBC and it probably isn't the best that mugs that so many people would want could only go to people who'd been on this particular website.

I'm sorry - I'm being corporate!!
Aled wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:When celebrity raspberry does eventually finish what will happen to the mugs? Any chance of us good folk here at Chrismoyles.net of receiving any?

Everything needs to be transparent on the BBC and it probably isn't the best that mugs that so many people would want could only go to people who'd been on this particular website.

So is there a possibility that cpc could end up actually being a competition?

or would that result in chris not being able to muck around with the thing if someone's boring?
Aled wrote:

Aled i will give you 5 quid for a set of mugs inc postage
By Aled
corsaboi wrote:So is there a possibility that cpc could end up actually being a competition?

We'd prefer it wasn't.

corsaboi wrote:or would that result in chris not being able to muck around with the thing if someone's boring?

Exactly that reason - it's currently a feature!
By Aled
biggspuds wrote:
Aled wrote:

Aled i will give you 5 quid for a set of mugs inc postage

Oh sure... Great Portland Street corner at midday...
Aled I fear that was a BIG mistake.....
Aled, is there any chance of doing the whole show on live cam like it has been done before, or is this only happening for interviews now?

Thanks muchly! Rich
Last edited by richbrown on Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Aled
richbrown wrote:Aled, is there any chance of doing the whole show on live cam like it has been done before, or is this only happen for interviews now?

Thanks muchly! Rich

Friday's show... there WILL be an announcement...
Aled wrote:
richbrown wrote:Aled, is there any chance of doing the whole show on live cam like it has been done before, or is this only happen for interviews now?

Thanks muchly! Rich

Friday's show... there WILL be an announcement...

Presumably there will be another week of it or something again like last time? And then you will all end up being really careful not to wear any branded products as always!

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]