The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By MK Chris
I think (though it's a long time ago so I can't remember), saying "white rabbit" is supposed to exclude you from being "pinched, punched"? I could be wrong though.

Conker is the name we give to the nut that grows on a Horse Chestnut tree. According to Wikipedia:
In America they are simply known as chestnuts or as buckeyes.

The game of conkers involves getting the biggest, hardest conker you can find and putting a hole in it with a nail or screwdriver. You then hang it on a piece of string and basically, while holding on to the string, fling your conker at your opponent's until one of them breaks.
By foot-loose
Topher wrote:The game of conkers involves getting the biggest, hardest conker you can find and putting a hole in it with a nail or screwdriver. You then hang it on a piece of string and basically, while holding on to the string, fling your conker at your opponent's until one of them breaks.

Thankfully - conkers are the only type of nuts that we use for this game.
By Yudster
A white rabbit is an ancient symbol of luck I think. It's invoked in quite a few superstitions. But Jeddeth, don't confuse superstition with cultural traditions, there's a difference.
By Andy B
I think just because we don't know why we do something isn't a good enough reason to stop doing it. If we abandoned our cultural traditions just because they go back so far no-one has any idea why we do them then we'd be no better than foreigners!
By Andy B
Also, no-one had a clear idea of why Portsmouth has the nickname of "Pompey" so if we abandon things just because we don't know why we do them, I'd have to chant "Play up Portsmouth!" and it just doesn't roll off the tongue as well....
By Johnny Karate
aaaaaaah cheers mate, I'd tried to block Pompey from my memory... I feel sick again now
By Andy B
It's a great place to come from. Only cos it means you no longer have to live there!
By Andy B
Ahh, sorry, didn't notice that one. Just imagine how my mate from Reading feels then!
By jeddeth
okay so this is a really stupid question but I have to ask...

Are you brits as obsessed with the foo fighters as radio one would make you out to be? It's like every month theres a new foo fighters special and live gig and whatever. I mean I love the foo's, but enough already, no? There are other great bands out there.
By MK Chris
I think Radio 1 is more obsessed with the Foo Fighters than the average Radio 1 listener.

Having said that, I think they're a great band too.
By Yudster
The Foos are a lot more popular here than in the States, and they are playing to their strengths - doesn't mean we're all obsessed though. I can take em or leave em personally.
By jeddeth
I thought I'd resurect this amazing topic.

Since they joke about it all the time, I'm beginning to wonder what Mullard is?

Why is this yogurt/ mullard joke funny? Or not funny as the case may be. It's over my head.

Also, isn't it weird how Chris has been making more and more American references lately? (i.e. Liutenant Vs Left Tenant... and the saying about a dime today)
By Console
To be 'mullered' is to be off your head, out of it, and Muller is a maker of yoghurts. Even knowing that, though, it still isn't funny.
By Andy B
Ah I miss this thread. Whatever happened to Johhny Karate?

I like Dom's Mullered joke.
By Yudster
I liked Johnny Karate. Nice to see you again Jeddeth, as long as TuckerGreyhound stays clear we'll be fine.
By Boboff
I think it was a good joke. 14 pots of yoghurt, I was Mullered, laugh !

Vernons jokes on Saturday

A man with 5 willes, had pants that fit like a glove.

Have you ever been to a duck do ?

Whats a Duck Do ?

QUACK QUACK..........

Funny.

So Jedeth, a lying head taking ex presidents wife, or a half caste with a Pastor whose of his head ?
By jeddeth
I feel the need to resurrect this thread!

This one has me stumped: After the Global Holiday Party the team was talking about mixed drinks and Chris and Dom both mentioned Vodka and "Jelly." My best guess is that this is Cranberry Juice? Can anyone explain, this is not a term we use in America.
By dimtimjim

Dis $hit ^^^

Mix with 25% less water and top up with Voddy and leave to set as normal.

Great way to piss the kids off at a party when they get confused as to why they aren't allowed the jelly (jell-o).