The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By Yudster
And the more I read the more I am glad I took a decision not to click that link or investigate Gaspode's word whilst at work........
By jeddeth
So do you guys have any questions for the Americans about American pop culture, phenomena, food, or recent American Moyels' guests?
By Yudster
No - now I now what a hojo is, my curiosity is satisfied. But thanks for asking!
By Yudster
Biltong is better.
By MK Chris
Biltong is very, very nice. As is boerewors.
By foot-loose
What is Biltong?

Wikipedia wrote:Biltong is a kind of dried meat that originated in South Africa. Many kinds of flesh can be used to make it, ranging from beef through game meats to fillets of ostrich from commercial farms. It is typically made from raw fillets of meat cut into strips following the grain of the muscle, or flat pieces sliced across the grain. It is similar to beef jerky in that they are both spiced, dried meats but differs significantly in typical ingredients, taste and production process. The word biltong is from the Dutch bil ("rump") and tong ("strip" or "tongue").[1]

It looks like an old dog crap.
By MK Chris
It's nice foot-loose, if you have a South African shop near you, you should get some.
By Yudster
You can get biltong in most decent delis.
By Walter Sobchak
I agree with foot-loose

Wikipedia never actually wrote:Biltong is old dog crap that is marketed as a kind of dried meat that originated in South Africa. Many kinds of poo can be used to make it, ranging from Shi.tzu to Poodle. It is typically made from raw turd of dog and cut into flat pieces. It is similar to beef jerky in that they both look similar to poo, although Jerky isn't from dogs.
The word biltong is from the Dutch bil ("buttock") and tong ("tongue").
jeddeth wrote:So do you guys have any questions for the Americans about American pop culture,

Can you get Barton's Dandelion and Burdock?
By Sistermoon
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:
jeddeth wrote:So do you guys have any questions for the Americans about American pop culture,

Can you get Barton's Dandelion and Burdock?

I wish! I love Danelion and Burdock. I even looked up how to make it in the spring, but coulodn't find any burdock root :(
By jeddeth
Hey everyone!

I have a new question. As it's November 1st... what are these little British sayings you guys use... "white rabbits" and "pinch punch"?

I'm especially curious about what whit rabbits means and where it comes from.

Thanks
By Console
I think you're 'supposed' to say 'White Rabbits' first thing on the first day of a new month; it's just a childhood/childish superstition . Similarly, 'Pinch, Punch; first of the month' (notice the poor rhyme) is something said by children on the first of the month (before noon) to another child while either faking the actions of pinching and punching them, or actually doing it (this is generally a rare occurrence though). Someone can also retaliate a 'Pinch, Punch' with a 'Flick and a kick, for being so quick', which can be further retaliated with 'A poke in the eye, for being so sly'; there are probably more, but I don't know them.
By Console
Not really, because the actions are only really performed jokingly, and usually without any contact at all; it's just a superstition thing mainly.
By Boboff
Similarly with new shoes, it is important that you stamp on the shoes very hard when first spotting them. Beware those in adult life, especially with a Policeman this could land you in trouble
By Andy B
charlalottie wrote:
Console wrote:Not really, because the actions are only really performed jokingly, and usually without any contact at all; it's just a superstition thing mainly.

I've never known it done without any contact. First of the month is brutal.

Maybe in these dark times of H&S Tsar's where kids can't even play conkers they don't but I have to agree with Lalottie, we intended to cause lasting damage. We wanted to see evidence of internal bleeding or we wern't satisfied.

It's a wonder I turned out the way I did.
By Sistermoon
I can recall getting several brutal pinches....and dishing some out!

And the new shoes thing, I had forgotten about that! So glad that doesn't carry on into adulthood. Shoes are so expensive!
By Andy B
Christ yeah, can you imagine getting stamped on by a 4" stilleto, and I'm not talking about the crow off of dangermouse. You'd need surgery afterwards.