Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
See this again is people laughing at you rather than with you.
By MK Chris
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:
DemonHorse wrote:Lewis Hamilton winning again in Indy, and going 10pts head of the bitter reigning champ, thats made me smile. That's pretty good but he was only really challenged for that lead once... and people say that's boring when non-brit drivers do it like that.

There was a fair bit of action further down the pack though. at least there was some competition in this one.

I would like to hear all of Alonso's radio talk though....

I would love to know what the Spanish press make of Hamilton's progress actually.
By MK Chris
Also (sorry for double post, but forgot to put this) what made me smile today was trying to take a nice picture of the Wembley arch lit up in the dark after the Muse gig and getting someone picking his hooter at the bottom of the photo.
By DemonHorse
Topher wrote:
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:
DemonHorse wrote:Lewis Hamilton winning again in Indy, and going 10pts head of the bitter reigning champ, thats made me smile. That's pretty good but he was only really challenged for that lead once... and people say that's boring when non-brit drivers do it like that.

There was a fair bit of action further down the pack though. at least there was some competition in this one.

I would like to hear all of Alonso's radio talk though....

I would love to know what the Spanish press make of Hamilton's progress actually.

Well the north american continent seemed to have huge support for Lewis, but I doubt Spain will have. I wonder how many excuses they're making for Alonso.
By Yudster
I had just had a reawakening of interest in F1, due to the emergence of Lewis Hamilton - its over. He is friends with Pharrell Williams. I don't care how good a driver he is, thats the end for me.
By claradooblue
That was quite a surreal moment; to see Pharrell being interviewed by Martin Brundle on the coverage yesterday. Didn't have much to say for himself though.
By Yudster
The less the better. He is a nasty little man.

On topic for the thread though, your beetroot-phobia made me smile a bit. I'm not laughing at you though.
I think he attached himself to Hamilton like a leech.
By S4B
Why would you ever feel stupid in comparison to everyone? I fancy Fish and Chips tonight now
how could you not feel stupid with the incredilble minds that grace this board?
I didnt understand anything for 15 years dont worry. In fact looking at me... I would worry.
By S4B
yeah but you're a guy Lottie's a girl she understands things without realising
By Yudster
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:I think he attached himself to Hamilton like a leech.

Thats insulting to leeches. Really, he is a very nasty person.
By DemonHorse
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:I think he attached himself to Hamilton like a leech.

bit like most of the so-called 'new' F1 fans then
By Yudster
DemonHorse, why don't you want people to be attracted to F1? Surely the emergence of new and exciting talent in any sport is something which will always make people look - and if some of them then become supporters, surely that is a very very good thing? Its not a club you know. Are people who have never watched F1 before not allowed to become fans, is that what you are saying? Because that would be a good way to kill the sport in a very few years.
By MK Chris
I agree. In fact I posted something similar not long ago, but I can't be arsed to find it.
By Quincy
bring back luca badoer
By MK Chris
Hmm, Ukyo Katayama may be a better choice.
By S4B
I got awarded an Order of Merlin First Class by my Head Office today!
By Quincy
topher you look like Heinz-Harald Frentzen
By Zoot
I used to like Frentzen. Back in the day I was a huge Jordan fan, mainly because of the car Livery, like in '98 when they were the Buzzin Hornets. Its a shame Jordan don't race anymore, they were the most interesting team I thought.
By DemonHorse
Yudster wrote:DemonHorse, why don't you want people to be attracted to F1? Surely the emergence of new and exciting talent in any sport is something which will always make people look - and if some of them then become supporters, surely that is a very very good thing? Its not a club you know. Are people who have never watched F1 before not allowed to become fans, is that what you are saying? Because that would be a good way to kill the sport in a very few years.

I'm just cynical of whether they are 'real' fans but I have also already explained my reasoning.
By MK Chris
Quincy wrote:topher you look like Heinz-Harald Frentzen

Ha I've never heard that before.

Zoot wrote:I used to like Frentzen. Back in the day I was a huge Jordan fan, mainly because of the car Livery, like in '98 when they were the Buzzin Hornets. Its a shame Jordan don't race anymore, they were the most interesting team I thought.

I also liked Frentzen and Jordan. Rubens Barrichello was my favourite Jordan driver though (other than Damon Hill of course.)
By Ballbag
Johnny Herbert iw my all time F1 hero. He crashed head on into a wall, breaking both his legs. The result was he lost an inch or two in height, and could barely walk, yet he got straight mack into a car. The man's a legend.
By Zoot
I liked Irvine, he was F1's last Rock n roll driver.
I remember one silverstone GP when he arrived in a F16... Now thats cool!