Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Adam
Aled wrote:
Nablo. wrote:So are you Happy now that James has got the boot? (Rightly so :wink:)

It seems it's going to be a close run thing with Alex and Alistair to win the whole thing, fingers crossed Alex win but are either of them Radio 1 Play list material anyway?

It really depends on how they're marketed after coming out.

Alex and Peter could do it.

Is it the style of music that there wanting to sing ?

Very indie..
By Adam
Aled: Check the "THE SCOTT MILLS WIND UP" thread..
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
aled would you like to follow greyhead into tv producing / presenting / repairing?

we need some innovation on radio it seems to be lacking nowadays.....
By monday_surgery
Sorry this isn't a question, but i've been to your cafe, when your parents owned it! im not sure if they were there but it was very nice! i live in tenby you see!
By Adam
I havent heard the show yet, but Im hoping its no different from last week. Is Rachel actually speaking?

Whats it like to be working with a new producer?

Is Will any different from Rachel? Or do all producers that work at Radio One all have different styles of doing things?

Can we look forward to more things happening on the show?

:)
aled i apologise if this has been mentioned but did you watch fame academy last saturday? on your report t'other day you said the teachers had voted peter out an they hadn't it was the students...
By Aled
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:aled i apologise if this has been mentioned but did you watch fame academy last saturday? on your report t'other day you said the teachers had voted peter out an they hadn't it was the students...

I'm actually really frustrated about that. I watched it on Saturday and saw what I thought was the students voting. On Nemone I reported this but then got lots of texts telling me off saying I was wrong. I questioned myself thinking that maybe I missed something so corrected it on Tuesday - which led to a new set of texts saying I'm wrong again!
just goes to show the calibre of listeners to nemone i say. they made an issue all show of how teachers no longer had a vote. i thought it was a bit stupid to have the last 2 students voting (no one said what would happen if it was a tie).
By MC
Aled - interested to know which FA you have enjoyed best - this one or the first one?

also - good luck in keeping paddy kielty and richard park apart tomorrow
By Adam
Aled,

We all make mistakes..

Alex to win tm evening?
she really is very attractive...
By Adam
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:she really is very attractive...

looks like you maybe in for a chance there, gaspode..

she likes a bit of dog.
what? that doesnt even make sense shut up fool. aled tell richard park hes my roll model.
By Aled
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:what? that doesnt even make sense shut up fool. aled tell richard park hes my roll model.

Will do.
By Aled
MC wrote:Aled - interested to know which FA you have enjoyed best - this one or the first one?

also - good luck in keeping paddy kielty and richard park apart tomorrow

This one by far! Much more fun to watch, however the major negative this year was that it had less streaming which is bad
By Uglybob
isnt it bit desperate of fame academy to shove Carrie and David off to RIse in the morning when it gets like 100,000 viewers, its not gonna grab many new viewers ito FA is it.
By Aled
Uglybob wrote:isnt it bit desperate of fame academy to shove Carrie and David off to RIse in the morning when it gets like 100,000 viewers, its not gonna grab many new viewers ito FA is it.

That may be one way of looking at it, another may be Rise (with their 100,000 viewers) realise that reality TV works on their show so getting Fame Academy teachers (with 6million viewers) might help THEIR ratings. The teachers would obviously get paid to come on.
By MC
Aled wrote:Rise (with their 100,000 viewers) realise that reality TV works on their show so getting Fame Academy teachers (with 6million viewers) might help THEIR ratings.

nah nothing can help their ratings...
rise are obsessed with any reality tv show. perhaps because its the only people they can afford. i actually missed the 7pm shows they had last year on fame academy. they were better than the saturday ones.
By Mr Dion
daddy or chips?
By MC
Stevo_trash wrote:ian lee is funny.

hmmm. debatable....

anyway, I'm pleased Alex won Fame Academy tonight

she was brilliant and her cover of imagine by john lennon was fantastic. it's a song you just don't attempt because it can't possibly better the original. i would say she came very close.

Aled, what was it like and will Alex be on the show this week?

Also, Jonathan Ross was great as a 'teacher'....
i thought daniel beddingfield made himself look more of a tw*t (is this possible?), right person won though.
By MC
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:i thought daniel beddingfield made himself look more of a tw*t (is this possible?), right person won though.

what a w*nker he was..

Alex has more talent in her little finger than that knobhead ever will have...

or is that a bit harsh?
By Uglybob
how old is carrie again aled, you said it on the show but i cant remember. does she model herself on princess leia.