Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
if they get Jamie on it i may even listen again. thats a ringing endorsement for me.
By iSeb
Aled wrote:Hi!

I'm back from hols.

We liking Scott's show then? I've not heard it yet, will listen tomorrow to Friday.

Welcome Back!

When you get a listen, what do you think of 'Carpark price is right'?
By DC

I'm back from hols.

We liking Scott's show then? I've not heard it yet, will listen tomorrow to Friday.

Hi Aled, here is an mp3 of Lauras diary (an omnibus) from last week from the unofficialmills site:-
http://unofficialmills.freshosts.com/ra ... week_1.mp3

Could we see one of the Moyles' team doing somthing similar at some point?
By Fathomer
Aleds diary might be interesting.
Although Rachel would probaly be funnier....or Carrie. "Dear Diary: Today i milked the horses...i think i fancy Harry the jockey" Or something along those vague lines.
By fish heads
fathomer90 wrote:Aleds diary might be interesting.
Although Rachel would probaly be funnier....or Carrie.

Or Dom, Or Dave, Or Joce, Or Chris, Or Will, Or Jules who used to read the sport...etc
By Nicky

I'm back from hols.

Scott Mills has been great this week. Quite easily the best he's been on breakfast. I hardly miss you lot at all :D
By Adam
Sorry Aled, can't you guys not take a couple more weeks off and let Scott stay on? ;) :P
By tombugler
Yeah that's gonna endear you.
By Jono
Are you going to tell us any more about this wake-up call thing that Scott was on about this week.
By Aled
Adam wrote:Sorry Aled, can't you guys not take a couple more weeks off and let Scott stay on? ;) :P

No
By Aled
Jono wrote:Are you going to tell us any more about this wake-up call thing that Scott was on about this week.

No
By Aled
Scott's done a fantastic job over the last fortnight.

I'm truly delighted that Chris' fans have warmed to Scott so much, after all RAJAR doesn't differentiate between Moyles or Mills when looking at the ratings for the breakfast show and seeing as Chris has holidays once every quarter it's important we share listeners. Do you think it's coincidence that the formats are so similar? Paul voice over guy, CarPark game, the jingles, Podcast etc.

One key factor to a station's success is a working Breakfast / Drive combo and I think we're there.
Last edited by Aled on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fathomer
Aled- you seem a bit blunt at the moment.
Are you friends with Richird Murdoch at R1?
By Aled
fathomer90 wrote:Aled- you seem a bit blunt at the moment.
Are you friends with Richird Murdoch at R1?

I'm sorry, I was trying to be funny! lol!

yes I am actually. We work in the same office. He's one of the top Producers at Radio 1.
By Aled
If you DO get a chance to sign up to Mini Moyles do so (even if it's for a day or two) as tomorrow's Mini Moyles is pretty cool.

There's a teaser to something that'll play a big part in next month's show.
By Fathomer
Radio 1 is sounding so good at the moment.
How come ther hasnt been a One Big Weekend this Autaum?
By the way, Happy John Peel Day! Have you got any Peel stories for us?
By Aled
Oh btw, this time last time we were on holiday I gave a couple of teasers as to what was coming up on the show. Want to play that game again?

ok...

We have a new way of waking up our listeners.
A new visual angle to the show
A "new" news reader
and the show comes from a studio outside of London for a whole week. Might even be outside of UK. Maybe.

Any guesses?
Just on the drive/breakfast combo (which sounds like a McDonalds idea waiting to happen) that has been noticeable. I dont know how it worked in the past but the two do seem to fit together better.

Mills said about you going to people houses to wake them up..
Last edited by Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fathomer
We have a new way of waking up our listeners= "Wake up Call" thing (go to someones house and literally Wake them up!)
A new visual angle to the show (New Webcam? Maybe Video Webcam?)
A "new" news reader (showbiz reporter? Maybe someone famouse eg. Kemal)
and the show comes from a studio outside of London for a whole week. Might even be outside of UK. Maybe. (World Cup 2006)
By Aled
fathomer90 wrote:Radio 1 is sounding so good at the moment.
How come ther hasnt been a One Big Weekend this Autaum?
By the way, Happy John Peel Day! Have you got any Peel stories for us?

I wholeheartedly agree. Around 2 years ago a lot of key people became important at Radio 1 and it was decided to start from scratch and work from the foundation up to improve things - it's only recently that's come through and I'm really proud of the station.

Happy John Peel Day. My personal story was that he didn't have much time for me. He scared me a bit because he was so passionate about his music and I used to work in the same office as him, he would always be hidden behind a mountain of cds and grunted whenever I turned the latest pop record up loud and sung to it. I love the fact that Radio 1 was big enough to house two such extreme musical views in the same office!
By Aled
Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog wrote:Just on the drive/breakfast combo (which sounds like a McDonalds idea waiting to happen) that has been noticeable. I dont know how it worked in the past but the two do seem to fit together better.

Mills said about you going to people houses to wake them up..

Thanks.

That's not what we're doing.
By Aled
fathomer90 wrote:We have a new way of waking up our listeners= "Wake up Call" thing (go to someones house and literally Wake them up!)
A new visual angle to the show (New Webcam? Maybe Video Webcam?)
A "new" news reader (showbiz reporter? Maybe someone famouse eg. Kemal)
and the show comes from a studio outside of London for a whole week. Might even be outside of UK. Maybe. (World Cup 2006)

No
No
No, instead of Dominic not in addition to
It'll be before Christmas
By Fathomer
DOMS LEAVING??????????!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

No! Dont let him go- pay him money!
"new" suggests someone is coming back...
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up