Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By JB
#181580
Aled, what's happened to the newsbeat music? Sounds a lot more like the Chart Show jingles now...not sure if I prefer it or not!
User avatar
By fish heads
#181587
They've changed it.

What else could that answer possibly be?
By Jono
#181591
JB wrote:Sounds a lot more like the Chart Show jingles now..


I think that's the idea. I think it's the new Radio 1 sort of identity with that new guy with the husky voice. The sounds appear at the start of trails etc.
User avatar
By Minnie the Minx
#181596
Aled wrote:I've just realised what happens when I give hints you take it to it's extremes then get dissappointed when it's not as good. I'll shut up now but lower your expectations!


That doesn't mean you should stop giving us hints.

Aled wrote:Yes it is as it happens. You'll be hard pushed to find a nicer person. If ever I get a bit stressed she's a perfect at calming me down. She's the Day BA with me.


Apparently her nickname is Onion Girl or something like that.
User avatar
By Aled
#181607
Minnie the Minx wrote:
Aled wrote:I've just realised what happens when I give hints you take it to it's extremes then get dissappointed when it's not as good. I'll shut up now but lower your expectations!


That doesn't mean you should stop giving us hints.

Aled wrote:Yes it is as it happens. You'll be hard pushed to find a nicer person. If ever I get a bit stressed she's a perfect at calming me down. She's the Day BA with me.


Apparently her nickname is Onion Girl or something like that.


Really? tell me more...
User avatar
By Mk.
#181649
This move for Greyhead to Online sounds very good then. The videos that he's produced in the past have been very good...

Oh, and if the Chris Moyles show was to become available as Podcasts, well that might just be the best thing ever.
By Fledge
#181650
hear hear re the pods!
User avatar
By gregs
#181675
Aled wrote:You not fans of Car Park Catchphrase then I take it?


actually quite enjoy it, but trying to think who else it could be that's leaving the show... not yourself or dom or carrie etc.

unlikely to be rachel, because that would mean a totally new personality to the show as producer.. whereas its more likely for someone new to join as day producer rather than show producer perhaps??

who knows.. jus wait and find out
By JB
#181686
fish heads wrote:They've changed it.

What else could that answer possibly be?


Well obviously. The implication of the question is "why has it been changed" you idiot.

Honestly, some people on here need to get a grip and stop sniping at every post.
User avatar
By fish heads
#181688
JB wrote:Well obviously. The implication of the question is "why has it been changed" you idiot.


Why not ask that then, instead of beating around the bush, you idiot. Say what you mean, then people wouldn't bloody snipe - plus much better chance of getting the answer you want :roll:
User avatar
By yardwater
#181704
Aled: I'm sure you mentioned overseas changes and blah blah ness = is the show going to be podcasted??? (pls)
User avatar
By Aled
#181725
Mk. wrote:This move for Greyhead to Online sounds very good then. The videos that he's produced in the past have been very good...

Oh, and if the Chris Moyles show was to become available as Podcasts, well that might just be the best thing ever.


Funny you should say that...
By Fledge
#181727
Does this mean podcasts on the way...?!

F
User avatar
By Aled
#181734
Fledge wrote:Does this mean podcasts on the way...?!

F


No, it doesn't mean they are or that they're not. Will's looking into feasability with making it happen staffing wise, technology wise and contracts wise - re music and Record Companies.
User avatar
By yardwater
#181735
Aled wrote:
yardwater wrote:
Mk. wrote:It wasn't about Podcasts, it was about...

http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/view ... p?p=181718


Cheers. Yeah I just heard it. Cool, but also a shame.


How come?


It's cool, because I might be moving out to Houston Texas for 6 months and would miss the show dearly (hence joining this site). The shame bit comes in due to the fact that you won't be able to listen anywhere anytime, which you can with podcasts.

THAT All SAID: I think it will be considerably easier for me to sort a DAB radio out over there compared to buying a computer, getting broadband and (oh yeah slight snag) buying an IPod...! So overall it is excellent news! Just have to get the job now....!

Also on reflection (and especially with the timeshift) it would be more fun actually listening 'live'. I do think the breakfast show would go down an absolute storm on podcasts though, both nationally and internationally.
By Fledge
#181736
No, it doesn't mean they are or that they're not. Will's looking into feasability with making it happen staffing wise, technology wise and contracts wise - re music and Record Companies.


Good stuff. I look forward to hearing more about if either way.

F.
By Jono
#181746
Podcasting would be very cool
User avatar
By Dickie
#181752
In your role as Day Producr Aled, are you more able to use the feedback you get from many listeners here to make changes, gain opinion etc. as you have a bigger influence on show content now.

In short, will you be on here more to see how well the show is going from a listener point of view.
By David
#181767
Aled wrote:No, it doesn't mean they are or that they're not. Will's looking into feasability with making it happen staffing wise, technology wise and contracts wise - re music and Record Companies.


Dont bother with record companies. Just cut out all the music and leave it with just speech based. Say 30 minute highlights a day (a bit like what Virgin radio do)
User avatar
By Ste
#181768
And Beds?
User avatar
By fish heads
#181772
Most of the beds are music 4 anyway, so they should be OK - since they used those on the Listen again extra bits
  • 1
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • 33
  • 34

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/aug/[…]

TCMS Unedited Tuesday 20th August, 2019 http[…]