Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Nicky
Aled wrote:
Nicky wrote:How many free Promo-only CD's do you own, Aled? You lot must get a bucketload of crap ones sent to you.

just a couple!

Surprising. Unless you give them out as prizes...

I won a competition on Scott Mills's show this year, and he palmed me off with a promo copy of Rachel Steven's "Funky Dory" single as a prize.

I don't think I ever did take it out of the case.
By DemonHorse
Yeah but that's Scott Mills... a far lower class of DJ than Moyles, Jo Whiley, Nemone etc
By Toast
Hardly.
By Lucie
Hi Aled, just wondering whether the team are friends in 'real life'. I mean you all seem to get on but to what extent do you interact outside of work?
Thankyou! :)
By Adam
DemonHorse wrote:nah, My guess is the phones were quiet and nobody wanted any more tea or coffee at that time :P :wink:

Excellent. Sound like a great days work..

Aled - fancy being a student? We could job swop.
By henry
Aled, what's it like working for Radio One? Or the BBC for that matter :)

...and how hard is it to get a job there ?
By Ste
Aled do you think you could reserve me some tickets for OBW or for that matter maybe entrance into the Radio 1 Hospitallity Tent :lol:
By Tom Holt
or maybe the inflatable pub? is that going ahead? :lol:
By seanbhoy
jamese wrote:
inflatable pub? :?

Moyles and the team discussed trying to get an inflatable pub to take to OBW recently. Haven't heard if they are going ahead with it though!
By Toast
Thanks for listening Jamese ;)
By DemonHorse
The inflatable pub... yes there was a picture in Monday's Daily Mirror (and I doubt it was the only paper to picture it).
By DemonHorse
Thats the same 1 I saw in the paper, yeah.
By Dickie
DemonHorse wrote:Yeah but that's Scott Mills... a far lower class of DJ than Moyles, Jo Whiley, Nemone etc

I don't think somehow that Scott (on at Drivetime) is worse than Nemone (Early 'Truckers' Breakfast).
By henry
Dickie wrote:Nemone (Early 'Truckers' Breakfast).

Any show on Radio One has a high degree of "class" - you must remember that whereas "Early 'Truckers' Breakfast" on your local station might indeed be considered part of the "graveyard shift", on a top london/national station it's actually a very respected position, and does indeed put nemone on equal terms with Moyles and Mills :)
By Dickie
If you say so, I'm sure that Chris would love to be in the same 'bracket' as Nemone.
By Aled
tipsydipsy wrote:or maybe the inflatable pub? is that going ahead? :lol:

It's been measured and it's too big to fit backstage at the One Big Weekend :(
By fish heads
Aled,

Any chance of Jon Culshaw coming on the show anytime soon. The latest Dead Ringers special on radio 4 had him doing Terry Wogan. I'm sure you could find a way of using that impression to your advantage! :D
By djscotty
Aled wrote:
tipsydipsy wrote:or maybe the inflatable pub? is that going ahead? :lol:

It's been measured and it's too big to fit backstage at the One Big Weekend :(

shame that aled, i'm sure it would have been very!! different m8!!! :( :D
By Mafro
Aled, will you be taking part in National Talk Like a Pirate Day (Sept 19th)?
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]