Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Jono
Looks like I hit a nerve, lol. Was just wondering.
By David
As Aled didnt answer the question regarding the listen again and Olympics, I'll attempt to answer it, or certainly what its like for us at BBC shetland.

The Olympic Committe people are very strict on who has the rights for the internet streaming of olympic coverage. I believe (but don't quote me) that 5 Live certainly has rights to do live internet streaming, however the BBC don't have any rights to have any of the listen again audio coverage of the olympics. Due to that, I'd imagine this is why the sport bullitens are being edited out of the Moyles listen again, plus any other bits that include talk on olympics.

For us at BBC Shetland, all the listen again stuff has been taken off line till the end of August. This is the same for as far as I know a lot of the news stuff on the BBC Scotland end of things at least. It seems a bit odd that BBC Shetland is taken offline when we wont actually have anything about the olympics at all, but the BBC just want to be carefull as I'd imagine it could be quite a hefty fine... Better safe than sorry.

I was actually reading an online BBC course today about copyright etc... its an absolute nightmare!

DL
By Aled
David wrote:i'd imagine thats a lack of mic problem, as when Dom and Jules are reading the news, they take up 2 of the mics...

yeah it is. Rachel's without a mic too, you don't need us talking during News and Sport - HOW many voices? It'd be too much at that time of morning!
By huckerby6
Good to see you're working hard Aled!

Do you have a website for the Leeds gravestone
By Mafro
Aled, your Vernon impression was uncanny, any chance of you standing in for him when he's off?
By Tom Holt
it was very good, at first, i thought they had vernon live in the studio prepping for tomorrows show perhaps
By fish heads
He was in the studio wasn't he? When Jules was doing the Vernon impression and Chris told her to shout "Come on England" Vernon was the one correcting him saying "Team GB"

Also look at the webcam

/\ That's gotta be the back of Vernon

/\ you can just make him out on that one
By Tom Holt
ah, i didnt get up till 8am - i just caught the impressions when i turned the radio on
By Tom Holt
i bet you're happy with the wales result in the footie, aled! :wink:
By Toast
Dom's and Jules was much more entertaining I though. Purely because they were so much crapper.
By Adam
Fishheads - its best to save the picture and host it. There's no Vern now.
By Tom Holt
Pretty funny though - rachel looks like she's got a weird nose on that second one
By huckerby6
Adam wrote:Fishheads - its best to save the picture and host it. There's no Vern now.

I noticed that, Did they edit him out using the wonders of modern technology?
By Tom Holt
no, because he linked to an image stored on the chrismoyles.net webcam server, which means that when it was updated after the show it was overwritten with the new pictures.
By huckerby6
tipsydipsy999 wrote:no, because he linked to an image stored on the chrismoyles.net webcam server, which means that when it was updated after the show it was overwritten with the new pictures.

O rite cool, thanks for that. Are the actual pics on the webcam archive?
By fish heads
No, one of them is in yesterdays review though
By Tom Holt
aled, do you think you could get chris to record a small promo for my radio show when you come to Leeds on thursday? i might turn up with my Mini Disc :wink: - oh and my book of course!
By Aled
tipsydipsy wrote:aled, do you think you could get chris to record a small promo for my radio show when you come to Leeds on thursday? i might turn up with my Mini Disc :wink: - oh and my book of course!

No, never. I know exactly how frustrating it can be to try and get celebs to do drops but I'd be amazed if Chris agreed.
By Tom Holt
oh well... it was worth a try :lol:
By jameseuk
Aled wrote:
tipsydipsy wrote:aled, do you think you could get chris to record a small promo for my radio show when you come to Leeds on thursday? i might turn up with my Mini Disc :wink: - oh and my book of course!

No, never. I know exactly how frustrating it can be to try and get celebs to do drops but I'd be amazed if Chris agreed.

what about a bribe? :wink:
By Tom Holt
lol - i don't have anything that chris would want.... :P
By jimmy g
From a Terry Wogan Webchat:

James C: Terry - would you and Chris Moyles do a double header breakfast show for Children In Need? I would gladly pledge £20 to listen. Love the show.

Terry Wogan: I'd be delighted. It's a very good idea. Ask old Moylesy. He's not the worst - he's got an Irish mother. Twenty quid sounds too much to me!

Any chance Aled? Terry seems to like Chris a lot more since he found out he has an Irish mother.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/digital/terrychat2.shtml

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]